Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 04-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Season 11

This looks like it will be a entertaining season with some good fights. The fights to get in the house (that were shown) were very good.

Props for Charley who kept fighting even after his nose was turned sideways (little exaggeration)!!!!

And the Iceman; very few words from him except for is verbal stab at Tito for tapping due to punches. It's going to be great to see these two guys fight (during the show and in the ring)!

In the past few seasons it seemed like we were given fighters (not all) that would be good entertainment (drama queens) in the house but kind of sucked in the ring. This season gave me the opposite impression for some reason, maybe I'm wrong, but these guys looked like they really came to fight.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I noticed that Tito didn't even acknowledge what Chuck said, but it was too hard to resist laughing a bit.

That dude's broken nose looked sick!!! I don't remember his name, but it was a black guy with weird hair from CA. He's pretty aggressive in the ring and I think he may make it to the finals.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
I love watching MMA. It looks like there is a couple of really talented fighters this season. I really like the black guy with the afro. He is on a mission..
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I love watching MMA. It looks like there is a couple of really talented fighters this season. I really like the black guy with the afro. He is on a mission..
Must be the same guy I was referring to...what about that French dude?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Must be the same guy I was referring to...what about that French dude?
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
Jay_LHD3

How did I forget about the French guy; wow, I hope he never has any children that have to grow up and see that fight!! (YouTube will haunt him for life.)

Jamie Yager ("afro dude") was interesting to watch. Those head kicks were making the other guy take two steps back each time from the impact of the block. But, if that is all he has then the cat is out of the bag for the other fighters to prepare for him. Time will tell!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
i say this will be a very interesting season. the comit said bout tito tap due to strikes i thought was very funny. Jamie Yager a wild man but he will be tested on the ground all legs. and the broken nose the worse i have ever seen. that was worse then franklin taken the knee from anderson. im thinking that iceman and the bad boy will heat things up to put a real good hype on chuck and tito 3. chuck should beat him again.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
Jay_LHD3

Episode 2

I finally got around to watching episode two last night. Looks like Yager is going to be the drama queen of the show this season.

The picks... Iceman must know something nobody else knows because his picks surprised everyone.

The fight... Clayton quit before the fight even started in my opinion.

What's up with all the begging from Tito at the end; "please, please, please give me one minute to show you something, please, please, please..."! This seemed kind of weird to me.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Since there was no other thread for this and I hate to hijack...but what a freakin disappointment UFC 112 was...we thought that it was a joke.

Renzo vs. Hughes: It's unbelieveable that Renzo was pumped for round 1 and 2 and he totally gassed out on the third round. I'm glad my boy Hughes came out with the victory, but even Hughes' performance was lacking.

Penn vs Edgar: One of the biggest upsets in my opinion, the fight seemed to lack the ferociousness that we all expected. Edgar did land a few punches and actually managed to take Penn down, but he didn't beat Penn. Reminds me of the Machida/Shogun fight, where it clearly looked like Shogun won the fight, but they gave the decision to Machida. I remember Rogan saying, "...to beat the champ, you have to beat the champ..." I don't really think this was the case here.

Silva vs. Maia: Complete joke...
Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Is the show as bad as most of the fights on the ppv's are? As my friend puts it, UFC = brokeback kama sutra...

I don't mind BJJ and strikers, but grapplers that can't submission consistantly bore me personally.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Since i've only seen the first show this season where there were a great load of fights...I would say that that episode was more exciting than the last three fights of the main card of yesterday's PPV event
Old 04-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Since there was no other thread for this and I hate to hijack...but what a freakin disappointment UFC 112 was...we thought that it was a joke.

Renzo vs. Hughes: It's unbelieveable that Renzo was pumped for round 1 and 2 and he totally gassed out on the third round. I'm glad my boy Hughes came out with the victory, but even Hughes' performance was lacking.

Penn vs Edgar: One of the biggest upsets in my opinion, the fight seemed to lack the ferociousness that we all expected. Edgar did land a few punches and actually managed to take Penn down, but he didn't beat Penn. Reminds me of the Machida/Shogun fight, where it clearly looked like Shogun won the fight, but they gave the decision to Machida. I remember Rogan saying, "...to beat the champ, you have to beat the champ..." I don't really think this was the case here.

Silva vs. Maia: Complete joke...
I missed it but it sounds like I didn't miss too much! I will have to catch the fights on MMATKO(dot)com now that their site is back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Is the show as bad as most of the fights on the ppv's are? As my friend puts it, UFC = brokeback kama sutra...

I don't mind BJJ and strikers, but grapplers that can't submission consistantly bore me personally.
The show mixes a little bit of reality tv into it. If you not a fan of reality tv and MMA fights are kinda boring then your not going to like it too much. If you like either one (reality tv or mixed martial arts) then the show is awesome.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
Jay_LHD3

Episode 3

Not much here!!!

Maybe this is the start of Tito's team falling apart???

The fight was nothing special, hell I even found time to do my taxes during the fight!

Next week looked promising; two fights and Tito explodes on one of the paper thin doors!!!

We will see...

Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Finally watched last night's episode...pretty interesting one-sided fights. Yager is a beast, but his attitude is not all it should be.

Oh, and I found a way to immediately increase your Muay Thai skills! Just listen to "Darude - Sandstorm" and you're good to go! If you don't believe me, read the comments on the following video link :

Enjoy!!