Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 04-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
layjar12

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Camaro Fest

So I am in Bowling Green this week and staying right by the GM facility and that got me thinking about Camaro Fest. I am trying to decide to go or not. Not real sure what to expect but need to justify the 9hr drive. I am interested in tracking my car but I have not done it in the past. Nervous about my first time being at Camaro Fest but on the other hand is there a better place to learn that there with all you guys?
layjar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This would be the place for you to come learn to track your car. Lots of help from folks with the same car and lots of newbies as well so it's not an overwhelming experience. Much more laid back for the new driver. It will never be closer to you either.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #3
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Expect to enjoy yourself! I suggest you browse the previous Fest threads, the pictures speak volumes about the friendly and fun environment.
It's well worth the drive. In fact, the drive is a big part of the experience. Find a group of Camaros which are going to the Fest, and Camarovan with them. We will be leaving out of Memphis that Thursday morning for Bowling Green and welcome all the Camaro's that want to join up.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #4
layjar12

That sounds great. I guess that you made up my mind. Do we have to sign up for all the events or just do all that when we get there? Curious where everyone is meeting to drive over if nothing closer that Memphis I could just drive there and go over. Surely there is someone going from AR or MO.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

There will be some signups for autocross starting next week, but other than that just show up. Happy to have you there.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
layjar12

I can not wait. I read somewhere that the only special thing I need is a helmet correct? I just hope I can get my big fat head it the car with a helmet on? Dang sunroof!
Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by layjar12 View Post
I can not wait. I read somewhere that the only special thing I need is a helmet correct? I just hope I can get my big fat head it the car with a helmet on? Dang sunroof!
Ha Ha,,, yep the sunroof takes up a little extra head room, but you can move the seat forward and lean it back a little to fit.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Make sure and sign up for one of the road coarse days before they are booked up now just to be on the safe side.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
WHAT MLEE !!!!! I know from experience I had never done any tracking of a Car ever Drag or Autocross. Had a Blast and I must say didn't do to bad for a first timer. This time Is road Course if this Damn Cancer doesn't keep me from going. But the Plan is I will be there
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote