Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
FSUCamaro

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
DIY - Paint V6 Engine Cover

So everyone with a V6 knows the engine cover has got to be changed, and since its $$$ to get a new one, I decided to paint it...I used
[IMG]file:///Users/Matt/Downloads/photo-7.JPG[/IMG]

I removed the cover, and since my plan was to paint the sides white, and leave the middle black, I was going to clear coat everything when I was done, including the plastic...so because I was clear coating everything, everything had to be sprayed with Adhesion Promoter. This eliminates all the need to sanding, it helps the paint stick...

So once you do 2/3 coats of Adhesion promoter, then tape. Take your time with this as it will determine the outcome. Use a razor to get the lines you need...

Heres mine tapes off:

Once its tapes however you want it, begin spraying. I used High Temp paint...do 3/4 coats of this, make sure your applying evenly...

Once you've done your 3/4 coats, let it dry for at least an hour, and carefully remove the tape...Once the tape is removed, you can begin to clear coat. Same as the others, 3/4 coats a few minutes apart....

This is really a great, simple cheap mod to our V6 engine bay...total cost, about 20$. It looks great, any questions PM me!

MY Build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160486
FSUCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote