Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
IPF VS Trifecta

Im sure this will be bumped but im just wanting the LLT guys input on this.

Witch is better and makes better power. Currently I have Trifecta and to me is seems rather rich.

I had my car tuned when all I had was headers and a CAI. Now I have a full exhaust and the other mods on my sig. I resent data logs to get a better tune but was told it all looked good. How can that be?
Im not hear to bad mouth anyone but I keep seeing everyone talking about IPF tunes.
Are they really better?

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Had the trifecta tune for my M6, didn't feel any gains… returned my car to stock, car felt the same, no power loss felt.

Now with my IPF sc tune, car is very strong when in boost, and oem like when I'm just cruising or in the city, and its the initial tune.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
2010_camaro

well im not boosted

Old 12-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
i can see that… just giving you my experience… not worth it to dump the trifecta tune, run to the dealer to re-flash your ecu for 100$ or so then buy the tune.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
2010_camaro

I can reflash my ECU for 35 with my VERUS and Pass Thru PRO. Its only 35 for the 3 day license at the GM website

Old 12-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Man running rich is a good problem to have lol. I think I'm running lean. I daily drive and drive hard so I really need to figure out if that's for a fact.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
Im sure this will be bumped but im just wanting the LLT guys input on this.

Witch is better and makes better power. Currently I have Trifecta and to me is seems rather rich.

I had my car tuned when all I had was headers and a CAI. Now I have a full exhaust and the other mods on my sig. I resent data logs to get a better tune but was told it all looked good. How can that be?
Im not hear to bad mouth anyone but I keep seeing everyone talking about IPF tunes.
Are they really better?

The everything looks good statement is normal. These computers can do allot to keep everything in line. Only if the fuel trims get so far out of whack is something really neeeded to be done.

Also, these engines like to run rich. This was proven a few years ago by scrming. He was on the dyno and they were doing the tune work, as they leaned it out they lost power.

I would stick with the Trifecta tune, unless you want to dump that for a money loss and reinvest in another tune that some think is better. Personally I have not seen enough proof to make me believe it is any better.

Good Luck. Keep us updated on what you decide to do.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Jchuba03

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS IBM
I am also not boosted, but have the IPF tune. You can definitely feel the difference. Way better throttle response, firmer shifting(for the auto). I don't have any dyno numbers, so I can't back up the claim, but it definitely felt like it woke the car up. I have A CAI inc. cold air intake, and the dealer that put the tune in gave me an SS cat-back exhaust, and I believe it tied up the mods nicely. I think trifecta is cheaper(~$300? Not sure), but the dealer that installed the tune for me charged $600. Seems like alot, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Jchuba03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I removed my SC left in the tune. it is runnig rich. rough at idle, (Like a mild cam) not too bad. but it can move. big difference over the stock tune. mileage is about 27 mpg. Stock mpg was about 33.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
my car is running very rich and i have the trifecta tune. Usually get 30mpg on the highway without the tune now i am lucky to get 24mpg. You can see it running rich when you start it and let it sit all you smell is fuel
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
In the other thread, Didn't you have issues with an O2 sensor?

Did that get resolved? Your car shouldn't run rich when you're cruising. When you're cruising, the ECU will go closed loop and use the O2 sensor to adjust until you're running right at stoichiometric mixture. This should happen regardless of what tune you're running. No reason to be running rich at low load, and low RPM.

--Steve
275 / 40 / 20 Continental ExtremeContact DW's on all corners

Next up:
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe (Purchased but not installed)
EBC Redstuff street pads
Carbotech XP8 / XP12 track pads
1LE Track Pack

Note: This car built by JDP Motorsports!
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
my car is running very rich and i have the trifecta tune. Usually get 30mpg on the highway without the tune now i am lucky to get 24mpg. You can see it running rich when you start it and let it sit all you smell is fuel
Read post # 7.

These engines like to run rich. This was proven a few years ago by scrming. He was on the dyno and they were doing the tune work, as they leaned it out they lost power.

Also, your mileage will be going down in the winter as you use more fuel to compensate the more cold dense air.

Here is my avg. MPG each month since new. As you can see it goes down when it gets colder.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #13
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Also, your mileage will be going down in the winter as you use more fuel to compensate the more cold dense air.
Winter blend fuel makes a difference, too (and not for the better).
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #14
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Winter blend fuel makes a difference, too (and not for the better).
+1 Don't compare tune performance with different blends of seasonal fuels. To get the best results you need a apple vs apples comparison. My MPG went down mind Sept. when winter blend in my area got put into effect.

The V6 comes from factory running rich. When using boost tuners seem to get better numbers when going leaner, close to 13.0. At first many thought that 11.8 - 12.0 was best, not the case all the times.

IPF vs Trifecta to each their own...Not all cars run the same with the same mods all the times.