Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
camaro related?

i fuond this cool vid on youtube i though camaro/muscle car fans would like it.

hopefully it works
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Fixed it up a little...hope you don't mind.
Pretty neat! I like smoke.........
Old 01-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Looks like a ton of fun. I wish I had a circle go around like that one. I'd do that every night. Great way to learn control of your car.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
That footage of the car going around the circle reminded me of what I say to drifting fans: muscle cars do that from the factory, whats the big deal?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sweet vid. The driver of that pewter Camaro is pretty damn good! I wish I had a place to practice like that too.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:23 AM   #6
Outrun

Drives: ...
That looks like fun!
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sweet vid. The driver of that pewter Camaro is pretty damn good! I wish I had a place to practice like that too.
Does the PD or the academy teach you anything like this?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Not drifting!!! LOL!!!

Yes, we have a huge track at the academy. 90 degree turns, "off set alley", straight aways, 180 degree turns, all the major things that need to be learned for driving situations. We also learn how to do "J" turns....reverse 180 degree turns at 40mph. But, the driving we learn keeps the tires glued to the ground....no traction loss.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #9
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
nice i'm glad you guys liked the vid and thank you for fixing it..i'm like internet dumb..but the actual pc i get...weird =/
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Not drifting!!! LOL!!!

Yes, we have a huge track at the academy. 90 degree turns, "off set alley", straight aways, 180 degree turns, all the major things that need to be learned for driving situations. We also learn how to do "J" turns....reverse 180 degree turns at 40mph. But, the driving we learn keeps the tires glued to the ground....no traction loss.
Tag, I have to ask man.....with your career in law enforcement, you have probably driven up on someone doing donuts in a parking lot like this....so is it a straight 8 point reckless driving ticket or do you cut them some slack since you'd like to do the same yourself?!
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Man, I'd love to do this myself!!! But, I would NEVER put another law enforcement officer in this position regarding what to do. It's an embarrasment for me and for the officer. Basically, I'd be doing myself a dis-service. As long as it was safe to do so, of course.

This type of driving is not simply ticketable. It would be deemed as reckless driving. Now, you and I both know that he is well under control of his vehicle...there is no one around, there are (for the most part) no other vehicles around....But, if he were to wreck out due to losing control of his vehicle....it wouldnt' be good.

I have run across people doing doughnuts. Hell...I've run across 55 year old upstanding well off business man peeling out in front of a supermarket because he was pissed that security told him he couldn't "stand" his vehicle in front of the red paited curb while he waited for his wife to drop off mail in the mail box. he left two black lines through the parking lot. That guy was a moron. He let his emiotions get to him and peeled out between other cars. No one "almost" got hit, but it wasn't too smart. I wrote the reckless driving report and told everyone there if they wanted to file charges, they could follow up the contact unit.

It all depends upon the situation really. With that video...on the street? I'd arrest him. In that parking lot? I'd probably yell at him, tell him to knock it off, and cut him loose. Reason? See all those people on the highway? Those dudes are putting all those families in danger. In the parking lot? There's no one else around. If he wrecks, he just totalled his car...in which case, I'd call him a moron...hehe. But, no families get hurt.

Racing is no joke. We've handled MANY racing accidents where kids/adults/passengers have been airlifted on the verge of being DEAD. It happens all the time....all the time. You think it won't happen to you, but it will eventually. Road conditions change, location changes, etc, etc. All the sudden someone wants to race you in a part of town you normally don't drive in??? You hit the gas, get it up to speed, then hit that bump that sends you flying through the air totalling your beautiful ride and you kill your passenger.

Just in case you guys don't think it's possible....it can happen to anyone...

http://www.popcrunch.com/nick-hogan-...ore-car-crash/
http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2007/...cing-accident/