Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #99
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
How correct you are. I am a bit dyslexic with my two documents. Sorry about the mis-statement.
You and I aren't the only ones. Most people make the same mistake we did.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #100
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
Veteran 1 and America Pride Camaro photo shoot?

any way I could squeeze mine in that shoot too?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #101
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You know what - that's what my first thought was - but it's actually "The United States Constitution" --

I kept telling people the D of I as well - but then I thought "...Scott - you need to check that fact...".and I was wrong.....it's the constitution!

The Declaration of Independence starts out "In Congress......."
Thanks Scott lol see ya in a couple months

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We are all entitled to our opinions -- but I must respectfully disagree with your assessment. While I don't know what you mean by your statement, I can say this: Each war was fought for FREEDOM........and it was a fight against oppressors. It seems to me that all too many people today forget that. To wit: The Civil War gave liberty and freedom to those who were held in slavery. World War two removed the Nazis from power......... Some question the gulf war, but forget the number of times that U.S. sites and property were attacked.

I'll paraphrase a Camaro Enthusiast this weekend: ".......every citizen should have the opportunity to see this work of art - -it might just teach them something about history - and perhaps show that freedom is not free...."

I hope you'll have the opportunity to see "American Pride" in person and perhaps that might change your opinion.....
My husband & I happen to agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Having served in the Marine Corps during Desert Storm, having a father who served in Viet Nam and Korea, a brother who served in Panama and Desert storm, I can fully appreciate that freedom is not "Free"

We fought for the very freedom you have, which is freedom of speech. While I may think your observation of America as being a Warhawk is totally wrong. Remember 9/11. Your name
" Liberty for All " indicates that you actually like the freedoms you have and that my friend is and always will be protected by war.

This car is beautiful, if you don't like it, well that is your opinion, but please don't insult those who gave you that freedom.

A famous movie quote " How dare you rise and sleep under the blanket of freedom that I provide and then question the manner in which I provide it, I would rather you just say Thank you and go on your merry way or pick up a rifle and stand a post......"
Quote:
I must admit, I had to show the ultimate restraint when the first post regarding "war hawk" was posted. I ditto the sentiments of Scott, and will add just a bit more. We seem to overlook our country was attacked on December 7th, 1941, while many sailors lay sleeping in their bunks on battleships. The car was never intended to be a political statement. Rather, just a historical representation of America's struggle for freedom. But, the coolest thing about all of this...........is the fact that we can get up here, on a public forum, and discuss these differences of opinions, share our thoughts, without fear of the "internet police" or some other entity knocking on our door and dragging us off to jail. Quite simply.................................AIN'T AMERICA GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeppers its great, My husband, My brothers, My father & my grandfathers, on down to my great great great great great great (so many great) grandfathers fought for their countries, no matter if it was The US or Scotland or Ireland, They fought to keep their country free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Very well said! I agree 100 %! God bless this wonderful country and all our heros who fought for our freedoms!
Quote:
GOTTa cry everytime i see that car.

Hubby had me email this link to him at work that way he can show it off to the Guys he works with, who to this day are still fighting to keep our rights free

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #102
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Is it going to tour all the major bases Campell, Bragg, Hood, Drum, Lewis, Riley, Rucker, Dix, and Knox plus all the other armed services across our great country I'm a little biased towards the Army

Is there a schedule for the tour, I would love to see it in person.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #103
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
Is there a schedule for the tour, I would love to see it in person.
ME 3 lol, would love to see it

BEGS Scott to bring it to seattle next summer lol PLEASE SCOTT PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT lol

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #104
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
I tried to put it in my cross stitch maker even on 36inchs it wouldnt pick up the fine details of the picture:

Old 09-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #105
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
it was a pretty amazing paint job on that car. you really have to see this thing in person.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #106
Big A

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2010 Camaro SS, DD-Fusion
WOW!!!!
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #107
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
While the art work and car are impressive, the concept is so much larger. Clearly Scott loves our country and the car conveys that. As you look at it and think about it there is so much more than love of country and history depicted. There is sacrifice. The sacrifice goes beyond the soldiers. There is the sacrifice of all those family members and friends they left behind to join the fight. The children that grew up without a parent. A parent that never had another hug from their son or daughter. The pain of loss never goes away for them. They just learn to manage the emotions that surround the loss.

The car is awesome. Our country and those that choose to serve it inspire awe.

Scott and GM,

Thank you for providing us with a stunning reminder of how grateful we all should be to live in the United States of America.

God Bless America
Circa WW I

God of our fathers, known of old--
Lord of our far-flung battle line--
Beneath whose awful hand we hold
Dominion over palm and pine--
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget--lest we forget!

The tumult and the shouting dies--
The Captains and the Kings depart--
Still stands Thine ancient sacrifice,
An humble and a contrite heart.

Far-called our navies melt away--
On dune and headland sinks the fire--
Lo, all our pomp of yesterday
Is one with Nineveh and Tyre!
Judge of the Nations, spare us yet,

If, drunk with sight of power, we loose
Wild tongues that have not Thee in awe--
Such boastings as the Gentiles use,
Or lesser breeds without the Law--

For heathen heart that puts her trust
In reeking tube and iron shard--
All valiant dust that builds on dust,
And guarding calls not Thee to guard.
For frantic boast and foolish word,
Thy Mercy on Thy People, Lord!

Amen.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #108
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Thanks Pete for the beautiful prayer! I second everything you said about the car, GM and Scott! We tend to forget about those friends and family members who are affected other than the soldiers themselves! Nicely said!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #109
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Un... real.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #110
Berean

Drives: Truck
LOL at rifle butting General Lee in the head.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #111
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Perhaps, the poster who stated this car conveys the wrong message would prefer a Camaro with a bunch of peace signs all over it!!!

War is not a good thing. It is a terrible and tragic Evil. But unfortunatly sometimes it is a necessary evil.

It would be a wonderful thing if every inhabitant on the planet earth can all sit around a huge bonfire, holding hands singing hippie love songs. But, that would be called Utopia, and there is no way in hell that, that will ever happen. There will always be political, greedy and religious differences. Therefore, there will always be strife.

As a Veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, I don't see this Camaro as conveying a message of the "Great War Machine". I view it as a moving tribute and memorial to those that fought and paid the ultimate sacrifice, so that you can come on this forum and make such accusations.

Back on topic..........Scott, you truly are a blessed and lucky man to have been able to have driven that into the event to be unveiled. Kudo's to all involved and especially to the artist that made this Camaro "live".

God Bless those that are serving, have served, have sacrificed and God Bless the United States of America.

Oh and God bless the Camaro!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #112
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
….The “American Pride Camaro” represents America ….and our struggle for freedom throughout our country's history. America represents freedom and hope for people worldwide.

Our Freedom is the envy of the world….

but it did not come easy --

it did not come cheaply--

......and we did not attain it without so many making many, many sacrifices…..

Throughout history, other countries have called on America, through its armed services - to come to their rescue.

Many countries have remained free or have received freedom from America’s "peace through military strength" policy….

....and that’s what this Camaro honors.

We thank world renowned Artist Mickey Harris for his incredible artistry and imagination --

and our friends at Mountain Muscle Cars for their time and talents in bringing this Camaro to reality.

Here is a TENTATIVE list of Autoshows where "American Pride" will appear.........there will be many more appearances in the summer months -- not to mention next show season. We plan to keep this work of art for the forseeable future -- so that it can journey around our great country -- and that "We The People" can admire Mickey's artistry.

Anaheim, California Oct 7-10
Long Island, NY Oct 15-17
Miami, FL Nov 5-14
San Antonio, TX Nov 18-21
Orlando, FL Nov 25-28
Boston, MA Dec 1-5
San Diego Dec 29-Jan 2
San Jose Jan 6-9
Omaha Jan 20-23
Philadelphia, PA Jan 29-Feb 6
Chicago, IL Feb 11-20
Kansas City, MO Mar 2-6