Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
reflexx

Drives: Corvette C7 Torch Red LT2
Need a tune.. But which one?

Hey guys I'm going to buy the bbk headers this weekend and also I ordered the injen intake and also the NOWEEDS cut off exhaustt. I know once I put the headers on I'm going to get the CEL..

So my question what tune is available for my v6? And that I can get done in the LOs Angeles area? And also if any of the tunes are gunna give me a little bit of gain.. Or just get rid of the CEL?

Thanks in advance guys
reflexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
I would get a hold of Mike@Diablosport, I'm sure he would be glad to help
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
reflexx, so far we have not seen any realistic gains from a tune in our testing on stock vehicles.
I would venture to say that there may be some gains to be had with the headers and CAI, but I have no way to say for sure as of right now.

We are still investigating how to bring this product to market, perhaps it will not have any canned tunes, but rather a few adjustable parameters (tire size, speed limiter, WOT timing, WOT fuel, rev limiter, etc) and the ability to be custom tuned at one of our CMR dealers?

I'm open to suggestions from you guys at this point...
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
I'm down with the "no canned tunes"....I just need to be able to tune the car with the top end worked up.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
reflexx

Ya mike that sounds fine.. If you have any dealers in LA that can do it I'll gladly go to them and test It out.. Cause I want to installthe headers and get the tune the day after.. Otherwise Ima
hold off on installing the headers until there's a tune available
Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Mike@DS

I'm interested to hear some more input on this from any V6 guys who are/were considering a tuner....
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
There's definitely an advantage to having the car tuned with mods. Maybe not huge horsepower gains, but timing, A/F ratio and tranny shifts for the A6 crowd. We saw a definite change yesterday with the tune compared to non-tune. Most involved just keeping the motor in a safe area, and gained a few hp to boot. If my car had a CAI, instead of just LTs, cats and mufflers, I think the gain would of been higher.

Mike, your idea,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
I would venture to say that there may be some gains to be had with the headers and CAI, but I have no way to say for sure as of right now.

We are still investigating how to bring this product to market, perhaps it will not have any canned tunes, but rather a few adjustable parameters (tire size, speed limiter, WOT timing, WOT fuel, rev limiter, etc) and the ability to be custom tuned at one of our CMR dealers?
is a good one. Especially with the ability to get custom tuned as mods are added. One definitely needs to mod the car to realize any gains with a tune at this point.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
reflexx

I agree with mrray.. Ya we might not see alo of gains but doing the ecu on the car after all the mods to keep it safe and not to get messed up.. I'm already gunna get a lot of hp from the headers cutoff and cai so ya.. Just need a tune to be available so I can do everything all at once other wise the mods r gunna sit and collect dust in my garage haha
Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

I think it should be stated that without the CMR on a custom built engine, the tuner is going to directly affect A6 cars on a "canned tune" the most. To extract max HP, apply headers/cai/cat back/cams/headwork and get a custom tune to see results. This product has to be a hot commodity to the s/c and turbo companies dieing for a way to tune their products too.....please release it!!!!!!!!!!

Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
Old 02-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
I think it should be stated that without the CMR on a custom built engine, the tuner is going to directly affect A6 cars on a "canned tune" the most. To extract max HP, apply headers/cai/cat back/cams/headwork and get a custom tune to see results. This product has to be a hot commodity to the s/c and turbo companies dieing for a way to tune their products too.....please release it!!!!!!!!!!
We have those guys playing with it right now...
Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #11
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

good to hear

Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #12
reflexx

Now to get a custom tune to get rid of the cel and to change the cars settings a bit without any gains I still gotta wait huh? Loll looks like my headers r gunna be collecting dust in my garage haha
Old 02-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #13
evilways

Drives: 2006 INTIMADATOR SS
Canned tuning as you Call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
We have those guys playing with it right now...
So what's the deal on your Trinity Programmer For 2010 Camaro LS3 Auto, another words L99. The dealership in Phoenix Az.,. That I got my car from. Is that if you change anything that the dealership does not do it voids all parts of your warranty ?? I have asked for a copy of such a letter or Memo from G.M. that said's what would void your warranty!! And my guy is looking for it . May-be Camaro Scotty would be willing to put it out there for all to see !!??? If that is the truth then the air raid cold air box (what cold air?) has just voided my warranty !! Dyno no notable changes Great !!! Now to say what I saw on the dealership box is four programs Stock , after first 5000 miles, high performance, police mod !!
evilways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
I'm interested to hear some more input on this from any V6 guys who are/were considering a tuner....
JMO, for Stock cars there is no reason to offer Canned tunes, but guys who will buy these are doing other mods and will need the CMR support so Get us some Predators and access to the database so we can start tuning the modded cars.

Just adding LT headers will need to address Rear O2 issues, CAI will need to address Fuel Trim issues, Rev limiters, speed limiters, tire sizes, shift points, data logging etc will all be welcome features even without Canned tunes.

Please get us V6 Support I get Requests Weekly.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote