Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #15
Angrybird 12
6 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 12 CAMARO, 16 Encore, 07 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
Interesting. I remember a while ago there used to be additives people would add to their oil to make it easy to spot a leak (the additive would make the oil look reflective or something iirc). Is that still a thing? I only ask because I did a quick check last time the car was jacked and didn't see anything. I'll definitely do a more thorough look this weekend.
I actually took mine to the dealership and they couldnít even find the leak, the truck ran great until I gave it to my Son, I instructed him to check the oil at every fillup. One night he came home from a date with it knocking like crazy and the oil light on. I pulled the dipstick and there was no oil on it at all. I asked him when did he check the oil last, he said about a couple months ago.. I said didnít I tell you to check it every time you filled up? He said yeah. I asked how did you let it go a couple months without checking it then. He said well I was only putting $5 or $10 in it at a time and not filling it up

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #16
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
I have seen places that add a dye to your oil and have you drive around for a couple days then bring it back and they use a black light to see the leaks.
You're totally right that's what it was, using a blacklight. Guess I'll look into that cause I don't see anything under the car. Is there anywhere specific not-so-obvious areas I should be looking at under the engine for leaks? Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Thanks everyone for the advice so far, really appreciate it!
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote