Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Thumbs up easy ANSWER to 2013 GT500 dilemma!

For all those crying about the 650 HP on the 2013 GT500 just go to a tuner like the boys at Lingenfelter to solve your problem and match the new Ford. For less than $5k and only 4 days worth of downtime you too can have 650 HP on your ZL1 (even with launch control it may still post same 0-60 times due to traction issues) the 1/4 mile will surely be improved. If you want I hear they even have 1,000 HP package so you too can have more power than the upcoming 2016 GT500

http://lingenfelter.com/engine-packa...arger-system-0

Seriously though, I read a review of the lingenfelter cts-v and that thing was a beast. I may do this upgrade as a Christmas present to myself next year once more data is posted on their site.
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Already sick of hearing about the 2013 Rust-stain. They're highly overrated, and all Ford does anyway is wait for GM to make a move, then 1-up it. Stupid... Give GM a couple years and they'll answer back.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
Kluch

Drives: CTS-V
Yes, but the mods will VOID your waranty. You can mod anything and make it a beast, but getting it to come that way with a factory powertrain waranty is why people are so deflated by Ford's announcement.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
I know it wasn't something I wanted to hear either but I purchased a SS and wasn't worried about the Mustang. Factory to factory the camaro losses at the drag strip so you have four option the way I see it: 1. Race from a dead stop and hope traction saves you. 2. Race around a corner (not recommended) 3. Avoid the race all together. 4. Take it to ADM Performance and make them cry and avoid you the next time. I prefer number 4 myself. The factory warranty is important and I understand that but is it really worth not being completely happy with your new car just incase something breaks? If the warranty is to you then do the first 3 and at 36,001 miles take it to Andy. Problem solved
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
I know it wasn't something I wanted to hear either but I purchased a SS and wasn't worried about the Mustang. Factory to factory the camaro losses at the drag strip so you have four option the way I see it: 1. Race from a dead stop and hope traction saves you. 2. Race around a corner (not recommended) 3. Avoid the race all together. 4. Take it to ADM Performance and make them cry and avoid you the next time. I prefer number 4 myself. The factory warranty is important and I understand that but is it really worth not being completely happy with your new car just incase something breaks? If the warranty is to you then do the first 3 and at 36,001 miles take it to Andy. Problem solved
ADM is a nasty moniker where I come from. It means:
Additional Dealer Markup. The City Chevrolet Folks don't ever do that! But I still get pukey when I see the three little letters... They were all over the "hemi" cars and the GT500 in my city. For what??
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I know everyone here loves the LS series but if GM wants to compete... I mean really compete, they need to get with the times as the blown 32V V8 DOHC will always out power a blown 16V pushrod design... Sorry.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #7
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
ADM is a nasty moniker where I come from. It means:
Additional Dealer Markup. The City Chevrolet Folks don't ever do that! But I still get pukey when I see the three little letters... They were all over the "hemi" cars and the GT500 in my city. For what??
Seems your talking about my company,we don't
Do hemi,ford,Honda,Mazda,Subaru.we focus 100
Percent on Camaro.

Google is you friend - ADM PERFORMANCE

BTW-We are the 2nd largest Lingenfelter dealer
In the country....google can't tell you that but
Lingenfelter sales staff can.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
ADM For what??
Horsepower!!!
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
Kluch

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Percent on Camaro.

No, he was referring to the additional dealer markup (ADM) on the above vehicles when they were the new, hot, car. He was not implying your company worked on those cars. The previous guy referenced your company.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #10
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
I know everyone here loves the LS series but if GM wants to compete... I mean really compete, they need to get with the times as the blown 32V V8 DOHC will always out power a blown 16V pushrod design... Sorry.
Your 100% right. I'm a racer and the new ford engine can spin forever. For them to make 650hp is nothing, there are guys out there making 1300hp on that platform and they all say the difference is how hard they can spin them and how much fuel and air they can stuff in there. I am a GM man thru and thru and will own the ZL1, but your right on the engine platform.
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Percent on Camaro.

I apologize for any inference here! ..... it WAS NOT directed at your company.. not one bit!!

It's directed at the Chrysler dealers and Ford dealers who BOLDY put "addon" sheet alongside the window sticker and typed in the following:

ADM $5000. (Added Dealer Markup)I HIGHLY recommend folks check out your site for GM dedicated upgrades! I will do so myself.

I am sure you will have parts needed to enhance my ride. Again, please know this was NOT directed at you guys!

Everyone.. check out http://admperformance.com/index.php for great upgrades!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #12
BackToTheFuture
Banned

Drives: 10 IOM 2SS RS; 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Your 100% right. I'm a racer and the new ford engine can spin forever. For them to make 650hp is nothing, there are guys out there making 1300hp on that platform and they all say the difference is how hard they can spin them and how much fuel and air they can stuff in there. I am a GM man thru and thru and will own the ZL1, but your right on the engine platform.
But at the same time the push rod aspect of the LS engines make them so much easier to work on. I will swap out a cam in my home garage on a LS engine any day, but swapping the cams on modular engines is a whole other story.
BackToTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
It's clear that ford takes its Qs from gm. This new Boss is a cry for help from a brand that has fallen way behind. You can't ignore that.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Yes, but the mods will VOID your waranty. You can mod anything and make it a beast, but getting it to come that way with a factory powertrain waranty is why people are so deflated by Ford's announcement.
Then there is only one way to fix the problem , get the BUGGATY VEYRON and get a good night sleep .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote