Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Expensive Lesson for Tire Shop.

I was having my G-Max's put on the front of my car, tech came in and said car was done. I said cool to bad I curbed the front right wheel just a tad. And he said yeah that big red gash sucks. I said WTF!!!!. Go out there and in the middle of the wheel is a straight line RED colored gash in my wheel. They try to clean it but the wheel has a small impression in it.

I said I did not do that. If I would of done that the wheel would of been turning and not in a straight line. So the shop manager say do I want a new wheel and I say hell yes. So yesterday go to get new wheel put on, turns out the pads on the tire machine where shot and the gouge came when taking the tire off.

They show me there cost on the wheel. 600.00 for a front wheel, ouch. So now I have my curbed wheel fixed and need to wash my other wheels seeing how dark they look to a new polished wheel.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
That sucks. Its all about the equipment you buy. We have a bad ass Hunter tire machine and the ony part of the wheel that gets touch is the grabbers on the inside back lip or the outside of the front lip if doing reverse mounting. Other than that nothing touches the wheels. Even when doing 26's and 28's with rubber bands I never have a problem changing a tire. At least the shop stepped up and admitted they made a boo boo and got you a nice new shiny wheel.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote