Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #43
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrekic View Post
+1

I ordered one last night. If I had it I would be in a much better position.
I get that it was unintentional, but please tell me what you think a dash cam is going to show. Your tires spun in front of a cop. I do not see where a dash cam is going to show anything. If the story as you tel it is true, I think it is overkill by the LEO. I have to be honest though, every time I have gotten in trouble in a car, I damn sure deserved it. I also have never seen any of this profiling that seems to be so evident on the site. It kind of makes me wonder.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #44
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I had a CDL for 15 + years. Any LEO could suspend my license for 24 hours there and then. A random safety check and if the LEO judges that the taillights are dirty it is a violation. No court, no chance to question the officer. no way to pay a fine, clean the lights and be on with your day.

Shoot, now you need a tow for the truck (because cleaning the lights isn't good enough) and a ride home. That's a few dollars. Like a week's pay.

So the LEOs are now the judges.

I am sorry for the rant but yes, I believe it is about the money.
I was in Texas a couple months ago an an officer pulled me over and did an inspection. He marked me for a dirty license plate on my trailer... said he couldn't see it. I was just whatever... he got pissed off because I made him slow down (unintentionally).

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #45
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Tickets = Income They will fine you with the worst they can and you downgrade...still paying money in some way shape or form. Sad reality of today

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #46
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrekic View Post
Not really: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/reg...s_070455_e.htm

The law on this topic is very subjective and arbitrary, to the point where it's constitutionality was challenged few times: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...rut_again.html

I appreciate what the the stunting laws are trying to do (curb street racing) but check this line out:

"Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to cause some or all of its tires to lose traction with the surface of the highway while turning."

Now tell me that is not BS?
Whats BS about it. It is very easy to turn your car at even good rates of speed without loosing traction. It is also very easy to play and have fun and drift / power slide the car through a corner. Doing the later is frowned upon by the law. This is back to what I said before. Do I play in our car....you bet. Do I at times get caught....you bet. Is it my fault when it happens....you bet!
I got a tint ticket in the the WS6 we had before the 1LE. I got the tint ticket because I pissed off a state patrolman going to fast and sliding the car a bit around a corner. Had I not been playing, he would have never pulled me over, but since he did not get the radar locked (or something), the only concrete evidence he had was dark tint. Was the tint really a big deal.....no. Had I just got caught playing...yes. Could it have been much worse....YES!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #47
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Getting closer and closer to martial law these days. Almost a good thing we still have the 2nd because they'll be shooting us for chirping our tires next.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #48
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Do the cops in Canada have dash cams like in the US? that could be used as evidence to show the severity of the situation and possibly exonerate you if he was right behind you as you said.
AGM 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #49
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
yikes....

I was on an incline and the Hill assist was not engagin (strange) but it didn't... had a cop directly behind me.. and I also get a little nervous on inclines in my LS3 trying to find that perfect balance from Clutch to gas... anyhow... light turned green and I spun the back tires a little and thought shit... here goes... he pulled up next to me later at the next light and gave me a sheepish smile... I'm guessing he realized that my spin out was not on purpose.... any how...

sheesh... that punishment is insane. Good luck getting this reduced if not thrown out.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #50
IBM 2SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Or the cop thought you were showing golf with a fast start and chirping tires. If this ever happens again I don't think you will get any leniency next time.
IBM 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #51
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM 2SS View Post
Or the cop thought you were showing golf with a fast start and chirping tires. If this ever happens again I don't think you will get any leniency next time.

possibly... however I am in a small community outside of Pearland... I'don't plan to do that much... now that I've gotten the hang of my little girl.. this was still when I paper tags on it too.. who knows .. but I do know I won't be testing that theory out!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #52
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrja View Post
LEOs I have known did not have a quota in a way that most people think of them but they were "heavily encouraged" to keep tickets at a certain level. One even had to radio in so many license plate checks in the early AM hours when the bars close down. Another had a shift supervisor that setup bingo games. Just having a blue shirt on could mean a ticket for the smallest thing so they could get a mark on the board. Paid time off was the usual prize. What I really love is how they called everyone a civilian, like they were not.

And yes, there are so many out there that give the rest a bad name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
Cops don't actually have quota's! This is a myth, at least the department I'm going to work for doesn't.

Anywho, sounds like the cop was just bored/wanted to be a dick. From my standpoint, those charges won't stand a chance.
All the Police officers I know will also confirm that there is no quotas..... BUT like most jobs there is this thing known as a "performance review".

It goes a little like this. Office Joe you worked traffic duty over the last <insert time period> . During that time statistically you should have witnessed <insert number> of traffic violations. Based on your personal performance goals you are expected to "enforce the law" on <insert percentage number> of witnessed violations. This formula equals a certain number of tickets written.

So the department does not have a quotas but a cop that does not write a certain amount of tickets could get a poor performance review. They get enough of those and disciplinary action occurs.

Subtle difference but it allows the department to say " No we do not have quotas."

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #53
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
They also will lay down their own life for you, a civilian, over their own. A thin blue line, the shepherd protecting the sheep.

Too many people forget that and take it for granted.
Shepard protecting the sheep?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #54
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Shepard protecting the sheep?
By the time they get around to protecting you,you have been..... (insert Assaulted,Stabbed,Robbed or Shot) and maybe all of the above
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #55
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
BTW the laws up here suck thanks to all the ricers and their uncontrolled fury.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #56
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Well, you do look fast...