Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #113
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
After paying for leather, why are the Recaros the same price for the 2SS as the 1SS?

For the same price, the Recaros would be a single upgrade for the 1SS but a double upgrade for the 2SS.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #114
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
After paying for leather, why are the Recaros the same price for the 2SS as the 1SS?

For the same price, the Recaros would be a single upgrade for the 1SS but a double upgrade for the 2SS.

yup ! i wondered that too

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #115
pr3dict
O_o

Drives: '14 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Soooo are the dealers able to officially put in prices into the computer or do they just have the schedule? I haven't heard from my dealer yet about negotiating price or signing an updated order form even though my camaro is scheduled for production.
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #116
brada

Drives: CGM SS 6spd manual
yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Do you mean supercharged LSA for the ZL1?
brada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #117
haynes

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2 SS convertible
I got a pricre from 2 dealers. A 3rd dealer said prices weren't out yet but after I told them I had 2 prices they doubled checked and said yes they are out. I am to get there price today.
haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #118
pr3dict
O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynes View Post
I got a pricre from 2 dealers. A 3rd dealer said prices weren't out yet but after I told them I had 2 prices they doubled checked and said yes they are out. I am to get there price today.
I wonder why my dealer hasn't called me yet to negotiate a price. The price I told them was my highest is $100 lower then invoice so you would expect that they would want to call me before the car gets built to either negotiate me higher or cancel the order haha...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #119
toothdoc1

Drives: '14 Red Hot RS/SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr3dict View Post
I wonder why my dealer hasn't called me yet to negotiate a price. The price I told them was my highest is $100 lower then invoice so you would expect that they would want to call me before the car gets built to either negotiate me higher or cancel the order haha...
I am dealing with something similar with my salesman. I approached him about pricing when Becky posted prices on here. He said it "wasn't in the system". Word now is that it is in the system.

He has avoided discussing a price like it's the white elephant in the room no one wants to notice.

I just sent him an email basically saying I don't care what MSRP is we need to discuss my price +/- in regards to dealer invoice price.

We'll see how it goes. I want to order a 1LE - it's not a limited production car. If my dealer won't deal, oh well, there's lots more out there.
toothdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #120
pr3dict
O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothdoc1 View Post
I am dealing with something similar with my salesman. I approached him about pricing when Becky posted prices on here. He said it "wasn't in the system". Word now is that it is in the system.

He has avoided discussing a price like it's the white elephant in the room no one wants to notice.

I just sent him an email basically saying I don't care what MSRP is we need to discuss my price +/- in regards to dealer invoice price.

We'll see how it goes. I want to order a 1LE - it's not a limited production car. If my dealer won't deal, oh well, there's lots more out there.
That's how I feel. I want to get this solidified so I can stop wasting time. I recently sold my vehicle so if this sale doesn't go through then I need to find another dealer and I'll be waiting even more weeks for a new car. I already missed out on the first TPW because my dealer waited a week before putting the order in. But, it's all good. Everything works out in the end
Old 07-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #121
toothdoc1

Drives: '14 Red Hot RS/SS 1LE
Pr3dict

Where on the Island are you? I am originally from Hauppauge. I stopped at Smithtown Chevy back in April. I spoke to a salesman on the phone and asked if they had any 1LE's in stock. he said yeah, lots. I am thinking great. Haven't seen one in person yet. I get there - he thought I said Camaro LT. Dumbass, I feel like dealers don't know squat about the 1LE. With this website, we know much more than the salespeople selling the car. I see the sales staff as a facilitator. I wish you could just order it from GM direct and not have to deal with cluesless salespeople when buying a performance car.
I live north of Albany, giving my local dealer a try. If not, I will keep on travelling south till I get one at a price I want.
toothdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #122
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
That's how I feel. I want to get this solidified so I can stop wasting time. I recently sold my vehicle so if this sale doesn't go through then I need to find another dealer and I'll be waiting even more weeks for a new car. I already missed out on the first TPW because my dealer waited a week before putting the order in. But, it's all good. Everything works out in the end
Try east hills Chevrolet in Roslyn...they treated me awesome for my 2013....I did EVERYTHING online/over phone.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #123
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
I am running into a lot of the same issues that you guys are on getting information from the dealerships around me. I am trying to conduct all negotiations through email with fleet or internet sales but either no response or they are not aware that there is a new year model change coming up. I have most of this week off for the holiday so I am going to focus on this but I am starting to get a little put off by the lack of response. I see several guys here with build dates the first second and now 3rd week of production (contgrats to everyone who has a built date btw!) and I can’t even seem to find a dealer with any interest in selling me a car. Go figure.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #124
pr3dict
O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothdoc1 View Post
Pr3dict

Where on the Island are you? I am originally from Hauppauge. I stopped at Smithtown Chevy back in April. I spoke to a salesman on the phone and asked if they had any 1LE's in stock. he said yeah, lots. I am thinking great. Haven't seen one in person yet. I get there - he thought I said Camaro LT. Dumbass, I feel like dealers don't know squat about the 1LE. With this website, we know much more than the salespeople selling the car. I see the sales staff as a facilitator. I wish you could just order it from GM direct and not have to deal with cluesless salespeople when buying a performance car.
I live north of Albany, giving my local dealer a try. If not, I will keep on travelling south till I get one at a price I want.
Haha. That's really funny, I actually went to Huntington Chevy originally and they blew me off as a kid window shopping so I went to Smithtown Chevy and the first dealer I saw took my order real quick but wasn't too bright. I was talking about leasing afterward and she was like ohhh leases aren't good on these cars. And I told her I saw residuals for the 2013 a few months ago at around 72% and she told me oh that's bad and began to tell me how the higher the number the more you have to pay haha I laughed at her and let her keep putting the order in (big mistake) then after taking all the options down including a sunroof she takes a deposit and tells me she will call me as things progress... I left and 10 minutes later I get a call asking if I wanted a coupe or a convertible... hahaha I ordered a 1le package and sunroof and she's asking if I want a vert... well I let that go also. Thats the last I heard from her until I kept having to inquire about an order number... a week later I got an order number and I emailed them today asking about pricing considering it was released last week and was told they don't have any yet and I will know "later in the month" ... It will be a fun game to play later if the car gets built and they try and sell me higher then my original window of 40-41k
Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #125
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Haha. That's really funny, I actually went to Huntington Chevy originally and they blew me off as a kid window shopping so I went to Smithtown Chevy and the first dealer I saw took my order real quick but wasn't too bright. I was talking about leasing afterward and she was like ohhh leases aren't good on these cars. And I told her I saw residuals for the 2013 a few months ago at around 72% and she told me oh that's bad and began to tell me how the higher the number the more you have to pay haha I laughed at her and let her keep putting the order in (big mistake) then after taking all the options down including a sunroof she takes a deposit and tells me she will call me as things progress... I left and 10 minutes later I get a call asking if I wanted a coupe or a convertible... hahaha I ordered a 1le package and sunroof and she's asking if I want a vert... well I let that go also. Thats the last I heard from her until I kept having to inquire about an order number... a week later I got an order number and I emailed them today asking about pricing considering it was released last week and was told they don't have any yet and I will know "later in the month" ... It will be a fun game to play later if the car gets built and they try and sell me higher then my original window of 40-41k
That is my nightmare so I am shopping around for pricing and a written contract/commitment on price before I put down a deposit. The only problem is that all of the dealers don't seem to be aware that there is a model year switch taking place. I have half a mind to email them all the pricing info that was provided over a week ago just so that they can see it and we can negotiate price.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #126
haynes

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2 SS convertible
The dealer I ordered the '14 convert we had a 10 am meeting to discuss setting a price. Got there and he said they didn't have prices yet. I told him I had prices from two other dealers in the area and if they didn't produce an agreeable price I was going to a different dealer and order one today! Well they produce agreeable numbers. Signed the dea. Put money down. Got my tracking number. I wasn't going to wait until the car was in the showroom and drooling over it and then try to negotiate a price. Build date is July 22nd
haynes is offline   Reply With Quote