Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #15
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I would say the interior. Mainly the gauge cluster. It's just so plain looking even for then.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
They fixed all the problems with the 4th gen for me when they made the 5th gen.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #17
02 WS6 TA
Account Suspended

Drives: GM Stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Maybe it is just me, but from a distance I think I see a Gen 4 camaro, and it is a Chrysler Sebring.

So I would say something to make it not look like the Sebring.

Given the 4th Gen was introduced 3 years prior to the Sebring 'vert, I'd say it's the Chrysler camp who copied.
02 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #18
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA View Post
Given the 4th Gen was introduced 3 years prior to the Sebring 'vert, I'd say it's the Chrysler camp who copied.
Thanks for the response, you confirmed that it isn't just me then. Because of the styling I don't get the Pontiac's confused with Chryslers. I also wasn't sure which one was first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They fixed all the problems with the 4th gen for me when they made the 5th gen.
BEST RESPONSE Right now I don't forsee people confusing the 5th gen camaro with anything.

Of course imitation is a form of flattery.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #19
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I don't like the way the front fenders jut out to meet the rear view mirrors on the doors. The top of those fenders are hideous. The Firebirds looked much better.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #20
02 WS6 TA
Account Suspended

Drives: GM Stuff
I guess there will always be an ongoing argument as to which sibling looks better and for different reasons. I have folks tell me the WS6's look like batmobiles, gotham city, over-done, nostrils on a gorilla(my personal fave, LOL) gaudy, then I hear the Camaro is plain, catfished, boring, refined, you name it. An automotive editor once wrote (referencing the 4th gen LS cars) "The Camaro SS looks like it could kick your ass; The Trans Am WS6 Looks like it's coming over to actually do it."

I like 'em both... Which is why i bought several of each.
02 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #21
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
The appearance is my least favorite thing about the fourthgens. My Camaro looks like it was carved out of a bar of soap, and T/A's look like kitty cats.

I bought mine for the LS1.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #22
White_Knuckle_Tight

Drives: 2001 Camaro V6
There's actually alot of things I don't like about the 4th gens, but they're all minor.
Like how the back seats are held on by that bolt in the front, and if lazy people get in your car, they bend the bracket.
And how the rear cup holders aren't deeper. Take a curve too fast and say bye bye to your rear floor boards.
Just stupid little things like that.
I think my biggest problem is how the BCM messes up on nearly every car that has it. Or how the gauge cluster is so damn plain. But both those things can be fixed.
Obviously I bought one, and I'm on a Camaro forum every day, so I still love the car.
White_Knuckle_Tight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #23
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
i wish they put the 3.8 and the ls1 engines in the earlier 4th gens too. thats about it :-P
3.8 yes... LS1... meh.

LT1 POWA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNacho08 View Post
I wish they hadn't gone out of production in 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
LOL doesn't sound too bad!

Dude blind spots though?? I have yet to drive a car with better visibility- the cabin is virtually a glass bubble with a couple small pillars. Wait till you get into a 5th gen, THAT car has some blind spots...

Quote:

But I would probably change the fuel pump assembly, I hate that obnoxious pinging vibration it makes at certain RPMs.... Aside from that, leave her alone, she's beautiful!
might need to check your fuel pump and filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
thats why we call it the ol roundy camaro. lol and i dont like that mold on the door that is there for when other doors or shopping carts run into your door. it looks ugly. and the crease that is on the front that is in between the head lights and the fog lamps

you know... you can pull that off. heat gun + fishing line + goo be gone = clean body'd camaro

things I could change about the 4th gen... an aftermarket LT1 block.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #24
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
One thing I don't like about mine, I only have one cup holder, and it doesn't hold most size drinks!
My seats are also very uncomfortable without a seat cover on them, they're just very hard on my lower back (which is sayin something since I'm only 16)
Oh, and the rear hatch is so misleading... it seems huge, but I can't fit anything in there without it being in the back seats/ on the center console!
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #25
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
Ok well consider this: how about you mail me you're entire rear window and defrost system, and I'll mail you my rear window. That way I get defrost and you could tint the window to hell if you wanted to, and not worry about frying the defrost
LOL cool, I hear "if it fits, it ships" now

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #26
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post

3.8 yes... LS1... meh.

might need to check your fuel pump and filter.

things I could change about the 4th gen... an aftermarket LT1 block.
Had the fuel pump replaced by a mechanic I trust, and the noise started immediately after. He says it's just something some fuel pumps do, maybe the next one will be quieter...

And LS1 = I've driven both on a daily basis, and LS1 is eeepiic! LT4, however, that's something I wouldn't mind getting my foot into

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #27
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Maybe it is just me, but from a distance I think I see a Gen 4 camaro, and it is a Chrysler Sebring.

So I would say something to make it not look like the Sebring.
OMG, that's exactly what I'm talking about!! BF had a Sebring a few years back and every time I look at my Z, that's what I see! They should never have rounded the car off.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #28
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
...my tint's going bad, pretty sure I'm gonna lose the defrosters when I get her re-tinted :(
I didn't lose mine. Tint shop charged me $160 to pull off the old on the back window and tint all 3 - 20%. I like it!!

Now all I need is bigger wheels and a hood with some personality.