Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
TigerFA

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2017 Red Hot
2014 Camaro SS stolen in Philadelphia Area

Hey guys,
Sadly my car was stolen last night and attempted break in the day before from a private apartment complex in south Philadelphia. It's a black 2014 SS with z28 Spoiler and NPP option, Manual. Sidelights and rear lights are tinted. Lexani chrome black wheels invictus Z. If someone sees this vehicle driving around or standing somewhere please PM to me or information to 1st police district Philadelphia 215-686-3010. This was a setup, somebody called a locksmith the day before and let the car be opened and the theft system activated. They have kind of a tool to program or turn ignition on. Side window was cracked, steering lock neutral. I don't think you can do anything like this without a key or ignition on. I couldn't move the car. And the next night they stole it, no signs of a tow truck, so they must have driven it off the lot.

If that is a new way to steal cars, watch out for your camaros!

Any help is appreciated. Please share.

Thank you.

Here my Question:
The thing is how they did it, locksmith the day before and then gone with the antitheft active and no sign of a tow truck on the surveillance. Also I recognized my open close remote didn't work that night when the antitheft was active. And i tried to fix this with the Chevrolet assistance. Also worse this OnStar shit, if you never setup an account and pay, they not even can track your car in case of theft. I'm sure they switched the BCU. It should still open and close with the key remote?! Really awkward. Also that locksmith company who did this advertise with reprogramming FOB's and BCU/ECU's.... something is off there

If somebody can tell me how this anti theft system works, would be nice.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

2017 2SS, 2014 2SS 1LE, 2014 2SS
TigerFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Sorry to hear, I am far away but you never know. Will keep an eye out! Good luck recovering her in good shape.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #3
TigerFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
Sorry to hear, I am far away but you never know. Will keep an eye out! Good luck recovering her in good shape.

I think with this awkward case this lady is far more worth in one piece than be scrambled, 6.7k miles, excellent condition and full options. They will be stupid to cut it apart. Also this seems to me like an order for a car they want. Just 3 years old. Ridiculous. Hope they find something out. But we have a clue over this locksmith. I try to get more clues how it was possible to steal without a tow truck if it already was disabled.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Sorry to hear this. Can't help with the anti-theft; but the police can put in a request to OnStar for assistance even if you didn't have it activated (and the thieves haven't torn it out). When my wife's Monte Carlo was stolen a few years back, this is what we did and OnStar quickly located the car in another state. Worth a shot and OnStar might charge you a fee (they didn't in our case). Good luck.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Sorry to hear OP, people suck. They'll get what they deserve.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #6
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Sorry to hear about your Camaro. I've been in the same situation before when I had my '02 35th LE Camaro SS, except I was car jacked. Unfortunately you will probably never see it again. It will more than likely end up like mine did. The car gets stripped, the shell gets left where it can be found, insurance buys it and auctions it off. The thief buys the shell at the auction, puts everything back on it, then sells the car with a salvage title. Remember the movie re-make Gone in 60 Seconds, its pretty much just like that on how they get the car, except Angelina Jolie isn't stealing your car. lol The plus is that nobody was hurt and the car can be replaced.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
TigerFA

They have to change VIN numbers then I still have the original title, that shouldn't be easy

Old 06-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
I have some questions.

First you discovered the car unlocked and the ignition lock disabled. Then, instead of calling the police and having it towed to a shop to be repaired you let it sit in a parking lot overnight.

Now you post on a forum how it was stolen the next day.

I have smelled some bad fish in my day but this is so obvious I can't even believe you have the 'nads to post it.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #9
TigerFA

Hello Fred,
First night police was here and I filed that report, and right I setup the tow for the next day, called Chevrolet and yes I locked everything back up including steering wheel lock. I couldn't start it in any way, I wanted to move it but I couldn't. How do I know it would been stolen the next day. I thought this was the attempt to do it. What is usually in one night. And who the **** calls a locksmith to open the car and he leaves his business card there?! Even Police never heard of this kind of action. Could have been a mistake of a ****ing drunk person getting in the wrong car. First place the locksmith didn't check identification. And it was weird to me, yes. But couldn't do anything 10pm in the night. Had to get up the next morning to work just to recognize my car is gone.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:57 PM   #10
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Sorry if I missed this but did it have remote start? Sorry to hear this but the engine and tranny are prolly on a fast boat for parts unknown. Viva la insurance.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #11
TigerFA

No remote start because Manual

Old 06-30-2017, 06:01 PM   #12
Ewey

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 6 speed black
I would have slept in the car that night in the back seat. Armed of course.
Ewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:02 PM   #13
TigerFA

I thought about it :( who knows this assholes have guns? Putting me in danger? Thought also about to stay up and watch but....
Armed is a good point but this is not the case...

Old 06-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #14
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Sorry about your car,probably chopped for an LS3 swap into something.

The nice thing is you have insurance so go get another one.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote