Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 07-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #15
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Talked to the dealer and they said that is normal on painted wheels. I also pointed out to him the several scuff marks from tire install at the factory. he said they might be able to do something about that. 3 out of 4 tires had it. I also pointed out to him the wax crayon they used to write numbers on the spokes only 1 still exists and i have tried everything to clean it off. i think its #31 or something. lol
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
I noticed the yellow markings too, drives me nuts!
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #17
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I noticed some other annoying things too as far as QC goes: There is a piece of lint or something inside my DIC and if the display is caught in the light at a certain angle you can see it and it bugs the hell out of me. I thought about having GM fix it under warranty, but I realized it's a freakin' Camaro and not a Porsche so the quality isn't quite there and as long as the dash is lit up I can't even notice it, so I've learned to ignore it now. The fact that you have to be careful wiping the dash down or you will remove the "ZL1" sticker (why oh why is it a freakin' Sticker ) is just plain ridiculous on a $55k car

I love my ZL1 to death but in all honesty, if I had another $20k-$25k to blow on a sports car I would've gotten a used 2011 GTR. Unfortunately, I think the build quality of Imports is just a step above Domestics still; in the same price range as the ZL1, you don't see M3's and Porsche Cayman's running into these kind of issues :(
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #18
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Talked to the dealer and they said that is normal on painted wheels. I also pointed out to him the several scuff marks from tire install at the factory. he said they might be able to do something about that. 3 out of 4 tires had it. I also pointed out to him the wax crayon they used to write numbers on the spokes only 1 still exists and i have tried everything to clean it off. i think its #31 or something. lol
Well, my dealer is waiting on me to send him pics. I suspect they won't do anything about it. To say its normal for painted wheels, I say hogwash...its poor work and poor QC. Unless of course the lower standard is what they were shooting for.

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Well, my dealer is waiting on me to send him pics. I suspect they won't do anything about it. To say its normal for painted wheels, I say hogwash...its poor work and poor QC. Unless of course the lower standard is what they were shooting for.
I agree, a half ass painting on the wheels is not close to quality. If it was consistant from wheel to wheel i could see it. since it is not and each wheel is different poor QC.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm not sure what I'm looking at in those pictures....

The finish on my wheels is pretty good, so I'm a little
Old 07-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #21
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm not sure what I'm looking at in those pictures....

The finish on my wheels is pretty good, so I'm a little
The lip on the rim, wouldnt you assume it is supposed to be black like the rest of the rim. If you havent pulled your wheels off or had it on a rack yet try it and let me know what you see. Maybe you were one of the lucky ones. Another quick check w/o wheel removal is the lug nut holes shine a light in there and you can see the difference.

Im not livid about the situation just disappointed, another 30 sec in the paint booth would have solved this issue. Especially since it is one of the cheaper things to do on the car. I know GM had issues with the chrome plated rims and i understand the fear of that happening again but this is paint not a plating.