Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02pewtersix View Post
Kelly did do an awesome job...i too got whooped by her... in the semifinals. too much spinning off the line.

SSE 4 2SS: i believe you were the one i raced in first round eliminations..great race. Your story here sounded pretty good. i like the street race edge to it! super exciting. Twas a great night of racing, great meeting you and the plenty other people out there! cant wait for the next big get together!
Yep, that was me, I figured out after the race while I was driving home what the starter was trying to tell me. I was only smoking one tire during my burnout, so at the start, I spun the hell out of the other one.

Oh well, I don't think I could have matched that 12.7 you turned in anyway, that was amazing, LS3, 12.7 stock, including the paper plates, simply impressive.
I also look forward to the next get together...It was a genuine pleasure to meet all the folks....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
TX Pony Killer you ran a 13.7?

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #17
TX Pony Killer

Drives: 2011 2SS RS LS3 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02pewtersix View Post
sucks dont it lol. Your car looked pretty good though going down the track.
Thanks. I appreciate it. This was the first time I had ever been to a track, and I only practiced launching about 3 times in a parking lot near my house and during test and tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
TX Pony Killer you ran a 13.7?
Yes, it was my 2nd best time of the night. I ran a 13.6 against Danny in the first round of eliminations. Is that good or bad? like i said, my first time ever at a track. i am in a M6, by the way.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #18
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Pony Killer View Post
Thanks. I appreciate it. This was the first time I had ever been to a track, and I only practiced launching about 3 times in a parking lot near my house and during test and tune.

Yes, it was my 2nd best time of the night. I ran a 13.6 against Danny in the first round of eliminations. Is that good or bad? like i said, my first time ever at a track. i am in a M6, by the way.
absolutely not a bad time. learning to tame the monster under the hood with the manual transmission is time and tire consuming.
You did well, and the important thing was we all had a common interest and love for the Camaro, and even though we were racing, there was a huge amount of mutual support...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 11-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
SSE 4 2SS, you tell a good story

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
I guess not bad for a first timer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #21
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Great Story.................gives new meaning (Substance) to the addage, "a woman and her machine". Kudo's to you for not understating the actual though unexpected potential and results of the L99 in a heads up.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #22
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Very well written so she had a tune CAI and catback? Not bad good job guys. I hope thats where Im at when I hit the track w the same mods.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #23
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
Very well written so she had a tune CAI and catback? Not bad good job guys. I hope thats where Im at when I hit the track w the same mods.
She had a tune for the transmission shift points, a CAI, and a catback... but, the most telling part is the uncanny starting discipline.... She was consistently in the .1 and .0XX times off the light. By far, the best starting consistency... and like someone else said, her burnouts were the bomb. They had to pause the start of one of her races to let the smoke clear... Her car disappeared...