Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 11-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
once again stripes

well i have a question

my camaro will be cyber grey and i want black stripes, my delimma is i want flat black but i want a smal tweek to make the car mine and diffrent. i was wondering if there was someone in vegas that puts stripping on camaros that would be slightly differant then factory but could be painted. im already looking at $500.00 for the dealer to order and put on factory stripes im not sure what to do or how to do it.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
slicker
slicker

actully i found a couple of places and im going to have custom strips put on should be cool. wodering though if i got the cyber crey what color i should put in stripes. i was thinking that a midnight blue might work. anyboy have some thoughts.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker View Post
actully i found a couple of places and im going to have custom strips put on should be cool. wodering though if i got the cyber crey what color i should put in stripes. i was thinking that a midnight blue might work. anyboy have some thoughts.
Gloss black maybe?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
slicker
slicker

ya i thought about that to. KAO on Spring Mountain might do them ill talk to them tomorrow. total eclips on Sahara. btw the camaro is ready to be shiped dont know if it got on the train today or not. camarotracking set me a email at 530 am this morning. so hopfuly get an update on the week end but dought it.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
slicker
slicker

i think i decided to let total eclips do my stripes i have told by several people that they do good work
Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker View Post
i think i decided to let total eclips do my stripes i have told by several people that they do good work
What color?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
well, it depends if you want a subtle look, or attention getting.
then decide if you want conservative coloring, or alternative.

what i mean is silver or gunmetal would blend in color wise, and still have nice contrast.
the gunmetal would look slightly more subdued. the silver would show much brighter.
a color like dark blue would be subtle contrast wise, yet give it some flavor with color.
personally i would choose something with metallics to match the paint, rather than a solid color. black, to me,would be better in metallic. you could also accessorize, and do carbon fiber printed graphics, and buy the carbon fibre direct replacement GFX i saw on a car at SEMA. kind of a 2-tone thing. but after all, it has to live at your house, and your first instinct is usually your best.

ps. dude, tell them idiots to stop sticking cards in my face. lol.
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well, with CGM, I kinda have my partial take on SIM.

If you are going to do paint, I'd think about the following...

Black (you CAN NOT go wrong here....)
SIM (VERY loud...and really makes the ride stand out)
Midnight silver metallic....to match the wheels. Check this out.

You can tell the difference in the colors. (sorry I don't have rallys in SIM and MSM.)
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #9
slicker
slicker

wow i like both, the sim looks clasy but does stand out. the midnight silver make it flow. still undecided. i have not seen the CGM in person yet just on the internet