Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #71
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Yes, same guy, as for those who thought this wouldn't or shouldn't happen here it is, Pranks will get your face to meet someones right cross.

Its not right but he meet someone that didn't think that way.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #72
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I just don't get it.

So someone parks on an angle with a bunch of empty spots around it because they are done with A-holes putting door dings in their ride. Really what F'n business is it of everyones? I'm not talking about taking two spots in a packed lot but in a lot of these cases there are tons of empty spots. If someone got a beat down for touching someone's car because, in my opinion, they're just jealous of a nice car then so be it.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #73
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
I just don't get it.

So someone parks on an angle with a bunch of empty spots around it because they are done with A-holes putting door dings in their ride. Really what F'n business is it of everyones? I'm not talking about taking two spots in a packed lot but in a lot of these cases there are tons of empty spots. If someone got a beat down for touching someone's car because, in my opinion, they're just jealous of a nice car then so be it.
Yeah exactly!! I had my CLK parked in the parking lot double parked in the last 2 spots. It was kind under a tree, you know where the trees are placed in the front corner of four adjacent spots. A couple of tree trimmers were trimming and i saw debris on my hood. Since they finished the tree where my car was parked the started elsewhere. So i was driving thru the lot and saw them working at another tree. I drove really close to them with the top up and windows up at less then 10 mph! I looked in the sideview and they were doing like a ghetto thug handshake thing!!! Like they jacked with my car on purpose, because they will never afford a 8 year old Mercedes in their life. Those type of people really piss me off. You try and protect your car and its others carelessness that f*** it up. Every time i see a shopping cart or such next to a valuable, prized car I actually take it with me and put it in the designated area! Your welcome camaro owners of the Houston suburbs!!! Lol
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #74
PT145SS

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2008 MB E50, 2004 RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
PT145SS - is this Violence of action term something you have picked up over the years or were trained? Have you served? Were you SF, not that you have said you were, but the context in which you have used the term violence of action could confuse someone who has not served.
I did look up the term, but found mixed orgins. I would like to read the source you are using.
I first heard the term many years ago while on active duty in the military. No, I was NOT SF. I really did not know what it meant at the time (or it really did not seem relevant at the time). I served during peace time and although I was in the infantry, we did not have a real need for it. Years later, I came across the term again but this time, I read it in material written by SF operators. This time around, the meaning became more relevant for me, when I began to question the length I would go to protect my family and/or myself. The point was really driven home during some advanced training I took after getting my CHL.

As for the origins, I assume it came out of the SF operator world where the necessity for this mindset is greater. I am beginning to see material from police officers starting to use this term now as well.

To me this term describes a state of mind… Do whatever it takes and with everything thing you have, because the consequences of not doing so or failing to so could be fatal.

Being the constant philosopher that I am (LOL), I’m not sure why we could not apply this mind set to anything we do in life. Follow your dreams, do whatever it takes (within the given constraints of the situation) and with all you have, to accomplish your goals.
PT145SS is offline   Reply With Quote