Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #43
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Tail lights are definite downgrade. When I first saw the 2010, I instantly loved the tail lights. This one looked ugly to start and still looks ugly a week later. IS NOT growing on me. What a mess up!
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #44
XxScottxXN
Huge Chevy Fan

Drives: 14' 2SS/RS 1LE built 4/22/14
2014 Camaro opinion/Whiners

I can remember when owners of muscle cars actually loved the cars they drove!! They didn't whine about not having a change holder. (You're driving a $30k car...give your change to someone who can use it!!) They never said anything about how bad the tail lights look...you're driving one of the coolest cars on the streets...talk it up...not down!!! You don't like something on these cars...maybe you should be driving a PRIUS!!! I've had some nice muscle cars over the years that I've never had a bad word about ANY of them!!! I LOVE GM MUSCLE!!!
I had a friend with an all original 69 DZ302...awesome car and you could take it to 10 grand in first gear all day long...unbelievable car and have always wanted one but the car was just too hard to find at a good price. I'm finally able to afford that car but decided to buy the 5th gen instead because you have all three of the 1st gen cars rolled into one amazing car and the guys that design these cars do everything they can to improve on this car every chance they get. And the tail lights on the 14...look really cool..and remind me of that 69 for some reason.
Everyone needs to say "THANK YOU" to the people on the Camaro team for giving you one of these COOL modern day muscle cars to drive!!!
"THANK YOU CAMARO TEAM"....I enjoy everything about my Camaro. I wish I could afford the new Z/28... but like that old 69 that I always wanted...the new one is just a dream too.
XxScottxXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #45
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
Ill take either 2013 or 2014 Camaro both look light years better than an import and still has a big a@@ V8 under the hood. I for one do not care about the weight either. I drive 100% on city roads and hwys this beast will (when I buy another one) get me in enough trouble!!!
NovaDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #46
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Cool stuff. Still like mine better though. The new tail lights kind of remind me of the 4th tail lights. Kind of.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #47
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Man I don't know what to say.

I don't like any of it.

Not the chrome tape bumper, or how half the halo's are now covered.
Not the smooshed looking top grill.
Not the smallish hood extractor. If it was larger it could look good, but it looks out of place small.
Not the tail lights at all. I mean WTF is that.

Overall the refresh had the right idea's. They just made bad decisions with look.

Would of like to of seen some material changes to the interior also.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #48
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
i'll still pass
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #49
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Again, no thank you team camaro. You had a winner with the styling on the 2010. Ya kinda ruined it. Front end looks great on the 2014 (minus the chrome crap) Tail lights apparently appeal to some, but not to me. I guess some people like the chrome trim as well?? SOO, Thank you for the 5th Gen, no thank you to tacky chrome trim and ugly ass taillights.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #50
biggvan

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If the Camaro refresh or the 6th gen had gotten the 2014 Vette tail lights I'd be extremely happy. Unfortuently, Vette got the tail end that would have been a natural evolution for the Camaro, and now the designers have nowhere to go with the Camaro that won't infringe on the sacred ground that is the Corvette....so they had to go with something totally different.
i agree, my gut reaction upon first sight...
biggvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #51
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sorry GM, but you just can't win em all.

This time around, I think the RS package actually looks worse than the non-RS models. Lets start with the front. Its alright or even good from certain angles. The problem is the extended length of the headlamps which just looks awkward and makes the Camaro with just the halos on look "wide eyed" and goofy. I will give it some credit though, when the front parking lights are on it helps to break that up, but I still think the grille should have been extended and overlapped the lamps.

Moving to the rear. Its even worse than the front. The big black diaper on the bottom, the big square hole for a plate, no indention in the truck giving any definition, and tail lamps with a boring shape. Its just not good. I hope to see something more imaginative here with the 6th gen, which should be a big change, even if it does end up keeping similar styling cues.

Camaro I still love you, but this is one true fan that you haven't impressed.
I pretty much agree with all of what you said. The more i see the 14' the more i love my 12' SS. I didn't like the 14' from the first day of unveiling and even now seeing more and more pictures or videos of it i just don't like it. Maybe that will change when i see one in person but i doubt it. The front looks "ok" but the chrome strip has to go. The tail lights are just hideous!!!
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #52
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
FYI if you adjust your mirrors correctly, there are NO blind spots.

My2Sense
Very true....I've got mine to where just before a car leaves my field of vision in my rearview, I can see it on the side mirror.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #53
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Recaro seats sound like a nice next mod for me. I just may have to (I got cloth seats right now)
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #54
Ruffrider51

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
I can remember when owners of muscle cars actually loved the cars they drove!! They didn't whine about not having a change holder. (You're driving a $30k car...give your change to someone who can use it!!) They never said anything about how bad the tail lights look...you're driving one of the coolest cars on the streets...talk it up...not down!!! You don't like something on these cars...maybe you should be driving a PRIUS!!! I've had some nice muscle cars over the years that I've never had a bad word about ANY of them!!! I LOVE GM MUSCLE!!!
I had a friend with an all original 69 DZ302...awesome car and you could take it to 10 grand in first gear all day long...unbelievable car and have always wanted one but the car was just too hard to find at a good price. I'm finally able to afford that car but decided to buy the 5th gen instead because you have all three of the 1st gen cars rolled into one amazing car and the guys that design these cars do everything they can to improve on this car every chance they get. And the tail lights on the 14...look really cool..and remind me of that 69 for some reason.
Everyone needs to say "THANK YOU" to the people on the Camaro team for giving you one of these COOL modern day muscle cars to drive!!!
"THANK YOU CAMARO TEAM"....I enjoy everything about my Camaro. I wish I could afford the new Z/28... but like that old 69 that I always wanted...the new one is just a dream too.
A-men
Ruffrider51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #55
Danb79

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS with IO interior
wow i think its super UGLY. i will stick with my 2012 2ss thanks... not sure what they were trying to do here.... but this car will no longer sell 60% of the market. they tried to make it look .....well not camaro i am still not sure what the hell they were thinking. oh well we shall see about 2015... but i love mine and am never selling it
Danb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #56
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyman View Post
looks like the dusk wheels, wonder if they are 20's.
They are.
21s
Attached Images

Last edited by Dupree878; 04-19-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote