Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
CamaroCrazy69

Drives: 1987 Iroc Z and 1978 Type LT RS
During the NBA Finals, they would show the stupid mustang commercial so frequently and I would be like yeah big deal the Camaro looks better. I always see mustang commercials and advertisements and I think I have only seen one Camaro commercial,ever. I always see GMC truck commercials or Cadillac commercials. Why can't they just make one for the Camaro and show the audience how bad ass of a car it is! Why? Grrrrrr!!!!!!
CamaroCrazy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #16
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
Since when is the Hurst shifter standard on 2011 MT 2SS/2LT. I was under the impression it was always optional, but not standard. Thought HUD was the only addition to 2011 on those two trim levels... Did I miss something?
The HUD is standard only on the 2SS/2LT. It is unavailable on other trim levels
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #17
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCrazy69 View Post
During the NBA Finals, they would show the stupid mustang commercial so frequently and I would be like yeah big deal the Camaro looks better. I always see mustang commercials and advertisements and I think I have only seen one Camaro commercial,ever. I always see GMC truck commercials or Cadillac commercials. Why can't they just make one for the Camaro and show the audience how bad ass of a car it is! Why? Grrrrrr!!!!!!
They made two of them.

One in 2007 and the other in 2009.

They were rather successful at selling the car
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #18
Jerseyrican88

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Same here it's like every other commercial. Most people don't know the V6 Camaro has more HP and an EPA rated 1 less MPG... If they did via a commercial all the time... they might reconsider.

I was talking to a guy the other day about my Camaro and he started bragging how the new Mustang gets over 30 mpg and has over 300hp. He said yeah they were the first American muscle to do it... I said nope sorry the 2010 Camaro has 312hp and gets an estimated 30... You should have seen the look on his face. I love peoples reaction when I tell them I get 25.2 mpg on long road trips in my SS. LOL
Lol bro I have the same reaction when I tell ppl that. Its awesome, chevy should make a commercial for the camaro though. I think it would boost sales
Jerseyrican88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
Nick@moranoracing

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Totally can understand why the camaro has been selling, the mustang hasnt really changed much from its 2005 remodel. Yes it has refreshed but still looks awfully similar to the 2005-2009 mustangs. The camaro is pretty much a brand new car, priced competitively, a car many generations of people have seen. The Heritage of the camaro is at a high teir just like the mustang. With a whole new body and sense of styling,(plus all the advertisement mumbo jumbo) its hard to pick the mustang or challenger when the new camaro came out.
Nick@moranoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #20
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
The HUD is standard only on the 2SS/2LT. It is unavailable on other trim levels
Yes, I know that... I was questioning the statement that the Hurst shifter became standard on MT 2SS/LT models... which, to my knowledge, it is not, unless something changed.
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #21
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Same here it's like every other commercial. Most people don't know the V6 Camaro has more HP and an EPA rated 1 less MPG... If they did via a commercial all the time... they might reconsider.

I was talking to a guy the other day about my Camaro and he started bragging how the new Mustang gets over 30 mpg and has over 300hp. He said yeah they were the first American muscle to do it... I said nope sorry the 2010 Camaro has 312hp and gets an estimated 30... You should have seen the look on his face. I love peoples reaction when I tell them I get 25.2 mpg on long road trips in my SS. LOL
Ya but there is a big performance differnece between a V6 Mustang and a V6 Camaro
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #22
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quite frankly if you think about, the Camaro has been doing fantastic in sales as there has really been no marketing for it all, unless you consider the Transformer movies. Analyze things okay, the new mustang has put up a deal of marketing in tv spots and magazine ads just to sell 8,900 units in June, that's just 1,400 more units than the Camaro which really has no marketing for it really. The 5th gen Camaro itself has become a pop icon within the past two years with just word of mouth and such not just with car enthusiasts and adults but children as well.

If you have child pick between a toy mustang or toy camaro they picked the Cam because of bumblebee. I know that Cam-heads are rolling their eyes cause of transformers and that's fine, but what that does is make the Camaro more apparent to the adults because of what their child likes or is interested in.

So in consideration on how little money that GM has put into marketing quite possibly their top selling vehicle, the amount of units that sold in comparison just under 1500 units from the Stang and also the huge amount of anticipation of the Z28 and convertible still to come with current sales still strong. The Camaro and GM has been a great success even with these sales, the true outlook and final comparison will probably be within 5 months of the new mustang sales to see how they slide or increase on both companies to determine a true pony car winner.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #23
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quite frankly if you think about, the Camaro has been doing fantastic in sales as there has really been no marketing for it all, unless you consider the Transformer movies. Analyze things okay, the new mustang has put up a deal of marketing in tv spots and magazine ads just to sell 8,900 units in June, that's just 1,400 more units than the Camaro which really has no marketing for it really. The 5th gen Camaro itself has become a pop icon within the past two years with just word of mouth and such not just with car enthusiasts and adults but children as well.

If you have child pick between a toy mustang or toy camaro they picked the Cam because of bumblebee. I know that Cam-heads are rolling their eyes cause of transformers and that's fine, but what that does is make the Camaro more apparent to the adults because of what their child likes or is interested in.

So in consideration on how little money that GM has put into marketing quite possibly their top selling vehicle, the amount of units that sold in comparison just under 1500 units from the Stang and also the huge amount of anticipation of the Z28 and convertible still to come with current sales still strong. The Camaro and GM has been a great success even with these sales, the true outlook and final comparison will probably be within 5 months of the new mustang sales to see how they slide or increase on both companies to determine a true pony car winner.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
CamaroCrazy69

Drives: 1987 Iroc Z and 1978 Type LT RS
Yes they were successful but I would just like to see more exposure like the Mustang. Maybe when Transformers 3 comes out. Lol.
CamaroCrazy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Q
It's no where near GM's top selling vehicle.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #26
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
So in consideration on how little money that GM has put into marketing quite possibly their top selling vehicle
Best selling GM vehicles...

1. Chevrolet Silverado @ 30,994 units sold.
2. Chevrolet Malibu @ 20,720 units sold.
3. Chevrolet Impala @ 14,451 units sold.
4. Chevrolet Equinox @ 11,490 units sold.
5. GMC Sierra @ 11,441 units sold
6. Chevrolet Traverse @ 11,371 units sold.
7. Chevrolet Cobalt @ 10,141 units sold.
8. Chevrolet Camaro @ 7,540 units sold.
9. Chevrolet Tahoe @ 6,809 units sold.
10. Chevrolet Express @ 6,535 units sold.

Camaro's pretty far from being top-selling.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
will we stay on top even though the 5.0 is back out?
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #28
RPO F55

Drives: 2005 C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Probably very very few were 2010's. The dealers were doing fire sales on the 2010's for the first few months of the year to clear them out.

The majority of the Mustang sales would be 2011's.

Dont be so sure the Camaro will recapture the sales lead.
Incorrect, last month alone nearly 45% of Mustang sales were 2010 MY. It is typical of current MY offerings to last to the end of the Cal. Year. Just look back to last December - almost all the year-end sales were 2009MY closeout (GM's Red Tag did not even include 2010MY).

Certainly the majority were 2011's, but not the vast majority. Probably 1/3 still 2010 MY.
RPO F55 is offline   Reply With Quote