Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looking at an FHA home loan but..

Im confused. I plan to either purchase a built home on land, or if possible, which may be a more desirable optiom, I plan to obtain whatever type of loan necessary to be able to buy land and build a home. I like the FHA offerings because i dont have much for a downpayment and probably wont for some time ( a couple years if the loan requires 20% or more..) Im looking to borrow roughly 140- 160k at most. I would like to buy a hom outright, but cant find much in the area that is nice/ likeable and building seems like a more feasible idea to be able to get what i want. Opinions?
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
Im confused.
Me too

.... sooo... what's your question?

Look at land prices and talk to local builders, that'll give you an idea what you're up against in that regard.

If you're a young fella and this is your first home, consider buying a fixer-upper, put some sweat equity in it and sell, that'll give you (hopefully) a nice down payment to do what you want.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Me too

.... sooo... what's your question?

Look at land prices and talk to local builders, that'll give you an idea what you're up against in that regard.

If you're a young fella and this is your first home, consider buying a fixer-upper, put some sweat equity in it and sell, that'll give you (hopefully) a nice down payment to do what you want.
basically im wondering if an FHA loan would allow me to buy land and build a house on it.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
basically im wondering if an FHA loan would allow me to buy land and build a house on it.
You would have to get a builders loan, then once the house was built the bank can convert it to FHA guaranteed loan
Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
YES, I did it. I bought a lot......and 6 months later had a home built on it, wasn't a problem at all.