Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #743
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I to understand people with cars sitting outside, and people with deposits on 12s (that may not be built) being concerned. If the 4 to 6 weeks is correct, what is the point of a 2012 model? GM might as well, bump the HP up and release the car as a 2013 with the recaro seats everyone wants.
Honestly, if they did that I would no longer have concern!!! Sometimes I wish some of you guys worked for GM, seems like you guys are more logical
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #744
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Turns out the delay is the supercharger. Ford pointed out a section in the GT500 contract with Eaton that expressly forbids supplying the product to a direct competitor for the upcoming Shelby. In effect the superchargers on the built cars are illegal. No time to test or certify a unit from another supplier. So the lawyers are battling it out.

Kidding. This room is so tightly wound, I couldn't resist. I'm sure the issue will be resolved soon as I can't imagine GM hasn't turned all kinds of resources on the problem no matter how minor.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #745
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Just to make it absolutely clear the above post is completely my fabrication and a joke. I just remembered what happened when someone joked about the project being cancelled.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #746
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Ok I am done with the nagging, I'm buying Mini
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #747
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Just to make it absolutely clear the above post is completely my fabrication and a joke. I just remembered what happened when someone joked about the project being cancelled.

Damn,in our 'I'll sue world' nowadays that seemed completely logical. At least people would of had a clue for the lunacy all about! Party Pooper:/
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #748
radarwz
Boost All the Time!

Drives: 2005 pontiac GTO Twin Turbo
Man! The angst in this thread is epic! I'm glad I'm waiting for '13. The anticipation would kill me. We ordered our '06 Trailblazer SS in Nov '05 with a mid Dec delivery estimate. Then they decided to stop production for still unknown (to me) reasons and no info when they'd start up again. Production resumed again the end of Jan '06 and it was delivered 14 Feb '06, good V day present for the wife.

My point? This wait is to be expected with the first model of any major update or special interest vehicle. During our ordeal we got no updates or info. But you know what? We still have the TBSS and love it just as much as the day we got it.

Tip for you...any real gearhead always has a backup...

'56 Chev 3100 p/u Black, 400 v8 3spd on the tree.
!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #749
kbar4782

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 00016
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
This was a learning experience. I will never put non refundable money down on a car that has yet to hit the streets as a production vehicle. It would be amusing to see the 2013 ZL1 released prior to the initial run of 500 2012 cars currently held in QC LIMBO/quarantine. Maybe, I should cut my losses & move on; GODZILLA is looking pretty good to me at this juncture.
Then buy one! I have never owned a car anything like the Z that is being held and want it just as bad as anyone else on this forum including drake. I put a $5000 REFUNDABLE deposit down and will still wait. If you want to pay another 40K for a foreign car than go ahead. I understand your frustration. Just saying
Old 03-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #750
jazznurse

Drives: 2012 ZL1;2011 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I think this thread should be closed. It is no longer productive. We will hear something when GM has an update. Until then this is just non-sense. You folks that are going crazy need to go find a hobby for a month. Posting on here every night about hoping for this or that and being upset about this or that provides no value to this thread.

I totaly agree. What do you think, moderators?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #751
kbar4782

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 00016
I agree. We will all just have to wait for an update or see what happens
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #752
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznurse View Post
I totaly agree. What do you think, moderators?
Or create a nagging sub folder
Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #753
Fishman

Drives: multiple GM's
ON 10-17-08 I ordered a SS from my local small town dealer. I was told he had one allocation and I was it. On 9-13-09 I posted on this forum that I was still sitting at 1100. Trent and Larry on this site replied that they would check into it for me. Long story short, my dealer had issues and there was noway GM could build my car and ship it to my dealer. I was bummed to say the least. Later I recieved an Email from a higher up at GM informing me that they made arrangments to transfer my order to a different dealer and they would ship the car to them for my dealer to pickup from them. I can't imagine what a hassle that would have been for GM, but they did it so I could keep my R6P original order. GM could have easily said sorry, you'll have to reorder from a different dealer. They did this for one guy, with one order, in the middle of no-where. And after all this extra effort on his part,his message to me was "Thank you for your patience and we appreciate you considering the Camaro". So don't think for a second that GM doesn't care! You will all get your cars when everything is right, and I still get that goofy grin everytime I get near My SS. It was all worth the wait. Hang in there guys!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #754
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Lets pray they ship this week! Comon GM were rooting for ya!!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #755
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I'm not buying a ZL1. Not because I don't want one...I just plain can't afford one. I have my SS/RS and am quite happy with it until money gets better.

I envy all of you who are able to complain about not having their ZL1 yet.

BUT...I was one of the people in Area 51 in 2009. Yes...it was a long, LONG wait to get our cars. Mine was one of the last ones out of there. To this day, we still don't know why they were held. I, for one, have had zero problems with my Camaro. Is it because they were held and checked over and possibly over? It could be. I like to think that is why.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ZL1 is GM's cream of the crop. They were in 1969. They were one of the most potent cars back then. GM's pride and joy. They want to make sure they are still the pride and joy of their dreams, your dreams, our dreams.

Nobody knows why they were held up. We, the general public, probably will never know. Speculation...that's all any of this is.

Think about this...the 2010's had a problem with the PDIM. The dealers...for the longest time...didn't know what the fix was for it. They tried software, but didn't have the updated programs. Then WE found out there was an update to the PDIM. The dealers didn't know about this though.

Let's imagine there is a software glitch that GM is giving a do over. Do you honestly think the dealership would have the software at their disposal, at this time, to be able to correct this problem? Would they have the facilities to properly test the possible fix to make sure the problem was fixed?

I think the cars are at the best possible place...IF there is a problem that needs to be corrected.

Worried about the paint? Go over it with a fine tooth comb and look for etchings from bird droppings, rain spots, salt marks...take a magnifying glass with you and look at the car inside and out BEFORE you drive away. Show the salesman, sales manager, owner of the dealership. Get it repainted.

I traded my original 2LT/RS in for a 2SS/RS at a great price. I pointed out every paint chip and door ding in the car and they had them repaired. I took it home, parked it in my garage and the back window blew out of it. I took it back and they replaced the window and repainted the back half of the car because the glass had scratched the paint to the metal. No problems...all warranty.

I say to everyone...hang in there. You are getting one hell of an automobile for a steal of a price! This car beat the Z06 on the Nurburgring by 1 second! You all are getting a car that I would give my eye teeth for and you're complaining that it is held up because GM wants to do more QC?

Everyone...give your heads a shake! Wait for it! Let GM do what they think is right. You will have smiles on your faces when you drive off the lots that won't go away for months!

Give GM a break....
Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #756
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Something to read while you're waiting to get them...

http://www.cartype.com/pages/1905/ch...maro_zl1__1969

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc