Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
GM Order help with GMConnects - 2015 White 1LE

Hey everyone!

I am back to the Camaro crew after having sold my 2013 2SS RS back in June. Last week I just ordered a 2015 White 1LE with the RS and Recaro seats

Does anyone have any experience using GMConnects to track a build order? Or are there any other sites to track a vehicle? I registered on GMConnects but everytime I search the site gives me the page fail error.

Order #SHHCQZ
State: Michigan (MI)
Old 01-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #2
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
No NPP?? Please tell me you forgot to mention that you ticked the NPP box.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
Kiteboarder85

I have the NPP dual exhaust! I made sure it had everything on it. Only thing missing is the backseat leather. I'm pumped! I wanted the 2013 1LE over my old 2SS in the first place, but my wife opted for the auto the first time around. This 6-8 week build is going to take forever, although I wouldn't be driving in the snow now anyhow.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I took delivery of my car about 10 days after the GM sight said that it was already delivered to me. I knew the person that checked in the cars at the dealership and was told my car was not there, I confirmed that. Congrats on your order and at least your car only has a short train ride!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
Kiteboarder85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I took delivery of my car about 10 days after the GM sight said that it was already delivered to me. I knew the person that checked in the cars at the dealership and was told my car was not there, I confirmed that. Congrats on your order and at least your car only has a short train ride!
Short train...the 2015's aren't made in Lansing or are they? I thought the 2016's were going to be the first in Michigan?
Old 01-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #6
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
Hey everyone!

I am back to the Camaro crew after having sold my 2013 2SS RS back in June. Last week I just ordered a 2015 White 1LE with the RS and Recaro seats

Does anyone have any experience using GMConnects to track a build order? Or are there any other sites to track a vehicle? I registered on GMConnects but everytime I search the site gives me the page fail error.

Order #SHHCQZ
State: Michigan (MI)
I'm Billy B, too
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:27 PM   #7
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
Short train...the 2015's aren't made in Lansing or are they? I thought the 2016's were going to be the first in Michigan?
The '15's are still being made in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I was referring to a shorter train ride to MI, instead of LA.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #8
rleon

Drives: 2015 1LE SUMMIT WHT 1SS NPP RECARO
I believe Chevy took down the "workbench" site tha tracks your order back in late November 14, I was using it to track mine and about a week before delivery to my dealer, the site was down. Just bug the shit out of your rep!
rleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #9
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleon View Post
I believe Chevy took down the "workbench" site tha tracks your order back in late November 14, I was using it to track mine and about a week before delivery to my dealer, the site was down. Just bug the shit out of your rep!
That was one of the reasons why I stopped GMConnects. Maybe I should fire up the old service again?
Old 01-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #10
ProfessorRhone

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE
Just looked at Chevy site and yes it appears you can no longer track from their site. Wasn't very reliable anyway

The best place to track is right here on the forum from BeckyD. See the link below. She is the best and helps keep those who have ordered some what sane

Just provide your order number and state. She'll look it up for you...

Order Status Request Thread
Dual-Mode, Recaros, Sunroof, Nav
----------------------------------------
ZL1 Rockers
RPI Stealth Splash Guards
De-badged (except blacked-out front bowtie)
ProfessorRhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #11
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I ordered my 15' 1LE on Sept 23rd and the GM site said it was at the dealership on Oct 30th. The dealership was a little shocked because it wasn't there. My car showed up on Dec 1st, just 1 day shy of ten weeks. I had called GM about the tracking site and they said they took it down because it caused people more grief than anything else. Hopefully they will bring back a reliable system. As far as the Camaro still being built in Canada, it is true. GM was going to move production back to Michigan a few years ago but the Canadian Auto Union had a fit... Sooo... Our our neighbors to the north still have the plant... Hey Camaro's are still made in North America darnnit Oh yea... God Bless America and our heroic servicemen who sacrifice so that we may live in The Land of the Free!!! HOOYAH
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #12
Kiteboarder85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorRhone View Post
Just looked at Chevy site and yes it appears you can no longer track from their site. Wasn't very reliable anyway

The best place to track is right here on the forum from BeckyD. See the link below. She is the best and helps keep those who have ordered some what sane

Just provide your order number and state. She'll look it up for you...

Order Status Request Thread
This is perfect! Thank you VERY much!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #13
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
I ordered my 15' 1LE on Sept 23rd and the GM site said it was at the dealership on Oct 30th. The dealership was a little shocked because it wasn't there. My car showed up on Dec 1st, just 1 day shy of ten weeks. I had called GM about the tracking site and they said they took it down because it caused people more grief than anything else. Hopefully they will bring back a reliable system. As far as the Camaro still being built in Canada, it is true. GM was going to move production back to Michigan a few years ago but the Canadian Auto Union had a fit... Sooo... Our our neighbors to the north still have the plant... Hey Camaro's are still made in North America darnnit Oh yea... God Bless America and our heroic servicemen who sacrifice so that we may live in The Land of the Free!!! HOOYAH
The 6th Gen will be built in Lansing, Michigan.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:11 PM   #14
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Try going here >>>>>Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote