Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
gmpartsdirect.com vs. gmpartscenter.net

I had to order a part and saw a reference to gmpartsdirect.com, ordered the piece, but obviously didn't read the fine print about lack of communications of any kind with these folks to find out if the part is stocked, updates of the order, nothing! They claim this is the reason they can keep the prices down, but damn, there's got to be some kind of customer service in there someplace...maybe I'm spoiled in thinking that

I'd like to offer an alternative, gmpartscenter.net. After failing to get any kind of response from the first vendor, I contacted these guys this morning, got a email response alerting me to the part availability in under an hour, at a fair price (not quite as low as gmpartsdirect.com, but close) and I guess that's worth the extra few bucks to me. Just thought I'd pass on the info for those looking for a parts source.

that is all

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Looks good, but doesn't look like they have anywhere near the amount of products. ie
I don't see the red SS emblems anywhere. I don't see any electrical accessories. Maybe they are just getting started and are still adding product? Good find anyway. I always like to have more vendors.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
We offer a parts discount to forum members, and charge actual shipping as well
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Scotty, who do we call for parts by you? I'm looking for the speedo bezel and can't find it...

Thanks!
Michael J.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

try this out Michael, it's the info Scotty passed onto me

"Call Dave in parts and tell him you are from Camaro5 - he can give you the scoop 800-261-3020 or 262-377-3020"

the price I got from them was on point with what I had gotten from gmpartscenter.net, but unfortunately Scottys guys didn't have the headlight in stock, it would take that extra time to get to them and then forward it onto me....but fair price and a phone # to get a hold of somebody sure is nice

Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
Old 01-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
EuroCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
We offer a parts discount to forum members, and charge actual shipping as well
I tried you guys first when I need some new standard parts..... but after a couple of attemps I had no reply and moved on.

If you have an offer for forum members can you also supply a dedicated person or email for us to use?

Last edited by EuroCamaro; 01-06-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: just seen the post above......thanks will try again
EuroCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
try this out Michael, it's the info Scotty passed onto me

"Call Dave in parts and tell him you are from Camaro5 - he can give you the scoop 800-261-3020 or 262-377-3020"

the price I got from them was on point with what I had gotten from gmpartscenter.net, but unfortunately Scottys guys didn't have the headlight in stock, it would take that extra time to get to them and then forward it onto me....but fair price and a phone # to get a hold of somebody sure is nice
Thanks! I'll give him a shout!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCamaro View Post
I tried you guys first when I need some new standard parts..... but after a couple of attemps I had no reply and moved on.

If you have an offer for forum members can you also supply a dedicated person or email for us to use?
Email is NOT the best method....at least right now. The cold weather months peaks our body shop orders due to ice, deer, etc...and because of the pricing, we tend to get busy...
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
ivanrivera35

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS/IOM 6M
I have never have any problem with gmpartsdirect.com. When I send them an email they replay to me in less than an hour. If you send them an email asking them for a part number they will tell you if they have it in stock or not. I always compare prices around and even with the shipping they are cheaper than other places. But I'm willing to buy from gmpartscenter.net if the price is right at any time.
Black Interior / White Stripes
PSL, Florida
ivanrivera35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

damnit, I've emailed those guys 2 times and no responses back in 2 days! all I wanted to know is if the part was in stock or not, I'd be able to hold off a bit longer if I knew it was on order and it would be a couple days before they got it into their hands...but when they don't reply, and the website says they don't cancel orders at buyer request, but if they can't get it in, they will cancel it and I'm not gonna get a alert or anything. Just keep in contact with the buyer is what I'm looking for. And like most situations, there are those who get served and then some of us that don't. oh well....better luck next time I guess

Old 01-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanrivera35 View Post
I have never have any problem with gmpartsdirect.com. When I send them an email they replay to me in less than an hour. If you send them an email asking them for a part number they will tell you if they have it in stock or not. I always compare prices around and even with the shipping they are cheaper than other places. But I'm willing to buy from gmpartscenter.net if the price is right at any time.
Same here! I've been e-mailing them back and forth on the 2010 Black Camaro Concept wheels. They have been very responsive...I have also ordered from them in the past with no issues.

However, i did call Dave and already placed an order

Michael J.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #12
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Give us a try at GM Parts House. We run a online ONLY, multi-million dollar internet GM Parts business. We do not deal with technicians, salespeople or any dealer personnel. We're strictly here for the internet customer. Should you need anything, email me, gene@gmpartshouse.com or call me 484-949-2099. We are no stranger to the GM Parts or GM internet parts business.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #13
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
Give us a try at GM Parts House. We run a online ONLY, multi-million dollar internet GM Parts business. We do not deal with technicians, salespeople or any dealer personnel. We're strictly here for the internet customer. Should you need anything, email me, gene@gmpartshouse.com or call me 484-949-2099. We are no stranger to the GM Parts or GM internet parts business.
I do not see any 2010 parts. Do I have to e-mail you or can you tell me if you have or will get the Heritage Grille? Cost?

Sorry I found another thread with your 2010 accessories site. Still wanna know about the grille.

Last edited by Wikedwil; 01-09-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: additional info
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
I do not see any 2010 parts. Do I have to e-mail you or can you tell me if you have or will get the Heritage Grille? Cost?

Sorry I found another thread with your 2010 accessories site. Still wanna know about the grille.
Sure, contact me directly and I'll see what I can do for you. I'm not in the office when I'm here on the forum.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote