Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
GreenAndWhiteRanger

Drives: 2014 2SS Convertible
Door ding?

Happy new year?

Walked out to my car this morning and saw this happened last night, of course no note or anything.

How much would you estimate this would cost to fix?

Also, can this even be called a door ding, it looks more like a gash, it is ugly and I guess I'll have to pay to fix it.

It's over the LR tire.
Attached Images

GreenAndWhiteRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
You can order a paint pen or go to a body shop and have them repainted the panel

That's the two options I was given when I tried to get a similar ding fixed. Went ahead and ordered a OEM paint pen which is fine for temporary fixes
Old 01-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
GreenAndWhiteRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
You can order a paint pen or go to a body shop and have them repainted the panel

That's the two options I was given when I tried to get a similar ding fixed. Went ahead and ordered a OEM paint pen which is fine for temporary fixes
Okay thanks. Did you get a quote from a body shop? There's also a dent, I know it's hard to see in the pictures.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
This is no door ding. Someone hit you, and it's down to bare metal.

That means you need a professional repair that will preserve your rust warranty and make the area look new.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
This is no door ding. Someone hit you, and it's down to bare metal.

That means you need a professional repair that will preserve your rust warranty and make the area look new.
This^. You have paint and slight body damage. Don't do a half ass repair. If you're insurance company is worth it's weight, and you haven't been involved in any recent accidents, they should just let it ride. I would estimate @ $500 to get it done right. If your deductible is near that, might just suck it up and have it fixed on your dime. Sucks that once again, a total lack of personal responsibility is evident.....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #6
GreenAndWhiteRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
This^. You have paint and slight body damage. Don't do a half ass repair. If you're insurance company is worth it's weight, and you haven't been involved in any recent accidents, they should just let it ride. I would estimate @ $500 to get it done right. If your deductible is near that, might just suck it up and have it fixed on your dime. Sucks that once again, a total lack of personal responsibility is evident.....
Thanks you two. No chance I'm doing a half ass job. I'll go ahead and dish out the cash for it. It just sucks. I kinda figured someone hit me.. but that denial stage is a tough one.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #7
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAndWhiteRanger View Post
Okay thanks. Did you get a quote from a body shop? There's also a dent, I know it's hard to see in the pictures.
Yea yours is worse than mine

I think it was around $1100 or something to get my whole quarter panel repainted the right way by a GM dealer body shop but like I said mine just needed a touch up job not a whole repaint
Old 01-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #8
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I would have a PDR guy remove the dent and then take it to a body shop for paint repair. That way, you won't have bondo on it when they fix the paint
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #9
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
I sort of see what your mentioning. Pics too close. It should be a no fault accident, so you just pay your deductible (hope it's not too high).
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote