Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #141
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
Woowwwww.....

just wow....

chill peeps...chill..gonna give yaself a haert attack

mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #142
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I personally prefer the gas cap on the driver's side. But it's not that important. And I much prefer the non-chrome that blends in with the car rather than sticking out like a sore thumb.

I, for one, am glad I don't have to pump my own gas. When the weather is bad, let someone else get wet (or whatever) instead...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #143
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Ok one final word on the gas cap. It has one which means I can put gas in it and go REAL fast and look cool doing it!!!! It would be a bummer if it didnt have one at all!
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #144
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
I am passionate about my cars and women, as most good men are. So, I kind of think of the camaro as a beautiful woman. For me the gas cap and rear bumper are kind of like certain body parts of a hot chick. When you first meet a women as young man things are in a certain spot, or position, catching my drift? So when you are use to seeing the gas cap(breast) high and perky something cool to brag about, and you turn around a little later and discover that it has some how sagged down and now looks like every other gas cap it hurts a little. That rear end(booty) looks nice and tight, well over time it has seemed to grow, and got some badly placed back up lights(hail damage). Well, like woman you still love the camaro, it just that fresh new feeling that we are losing with some of these changes can make a man cranky.

Just some comparison, hope you get what i mean. Not the best at grammar, and such.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #145
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
My job is done

Allow me to explain myself, I posted that specifically to get people to say, over and over, that THOSE ARE NOT FOR OUR CAMAROS. It probably needs to be said on every page, since not everyone will

I am sorry for any rage that I caused by my post from earlier

I hope you realized that I was being a smartass when I replied to your post with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Umm... Can you read??
When I re-read I realized I should have made some kind of comment or smiley that showed that I was being sarcastic!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #146
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I realize that you were being a smartass and had realized that I was being a smartass (I know realize that my head hurts after reading that). but there may have been some that couldn't tell. I wanted to clear the air before people actually took me seriously.

oh, and those amber lights are not for our Camaros. They are for the Aussies.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #147
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
I am passionate about my cars and women, as most good men are. So, I kind of think of the camaro as a beautiful woman. For me the gas cap and rear bumper are kind of like certain body parts of a hot chick. When you first meet a women as young man things are in a certain spot, or position, catching my drift? So when you are use to seeing the gas cap(breast) high and perky something cool to brag about, and you turn around a little later and discover that it has some how sagged down and now looks like every other gas cap it hurts a little. That rear end(booty) looks nice and tight, well over time it has seemed to grow, and got some badly placed back up lights(hail damage). Well, like woman you still love the camaro, it just that fresh new feeling that we are losing with some of these changes can make a man cranky.

Just some comparison, hope you get what i mean. Not the best at grammar, and such.

That was a great laugh! Funny analogy...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #148
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
good one and I honestly believe that the gas cap should go behind the license plate(like it was way back when but ...)

Last edited by 09'Z28; 02-02-2008 at 01:34 AM.
09'Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #149
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
im annoyed of this thread.... yet i think its funny and disturbing at the same time. weird. but yah.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:17 AM   #150
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
You're very much entitled to your opinion, ... Just as you have aright to voice your opinions, so do those that like what they see.
Wow - that was definitely a little wake up call for me. Okay...so I came off a bit rough in my initial reply. Can you blame me? After pages, and pages of the same complaints....(sigh)

Sorry if I sounded like an ass, sbg...didn't mean it that way. Honestly.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #151
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think a great deal of us are a little perterbed at some of the recent changes we've seen. What makes it even more difficult for us, is that no one is explaining the reasoning behind those changes.

If we were told a b-pillar was to be put in for crash test safety standards and ultimately less weight, that would make a lot more sense than either not being told anything at all, or being told some off the wall reason that someone here thought up. (I'm using this as an example...please, let's not rehash this topic!!!)

When it comes to this gas cap, it was a beautiful thing. It was changed and there's no finite reason from GM why it was changed. People speculate it was because doors get hit when exiting at the fuel pumps and also because of potential spillage ruining the paint. What if there is a bonified reason why the location was changed??? What if they sat there for weeks contemplating different ways to make it work trying everything in their power to keep it? You all remember Chip Foose (from Kenz's post) talking to the design team about the gas cap location. We have a pic of them talking. Obviously, this was an issue and they even asked his opinion on it........c'mon....Chip Foose....a God amongst men when it comes to anything car related.

Let's just all calm down a little and realize things are done for a reason.....YES, for a reason. I don't understand why they put the lights in the rear bumper. One 5 mph hit and they are gone (not the best idea if you ask me). And, we know how often that happens w/ regular drivers. Heck, I still think they should be integrated into the brake lights. But, for some reason they decided to put them there. I'd like to know why.

Headlights? Don't even get me started. Scott said it and it's been said here a MILLION times they are from Auto Zone.

Everyone, if you don't like something, it's okay to say you don't like it. As i've said before, there's a way to communicate (and this is NOT directed to anyone in particular). Let's just try to be cool to one another.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #152
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Some keep talking aboput a 5 MPH hit to the rear. That standard never existed, it is and has been for many years a 2 1/2 MPH impact.

This is a quote from NHTSA's FAQ's

Quote:
On April 9, 1971, the agency issued its first passenger car bumper standard -- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 215, "Exterior Protection," which became effective on September 1, 1972. This standard called for passenger cars, beginning with model year (MY) 1973, to withstand 5 mph front and 2 ½ mph rear impacts against a perpendicular barrier without damage to certain safety-related components such as headlamps and fuel systems.

In October 1972, Congress enacted the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Saving Act (MVICS Act) which mandated that the agency issue a bumper standard that yields the maximum feasible reduction of costs to the public, taking into account the cost and benefits of implementation, the standard's effect on insurance costs and legal fees, savings in consumer time and inconvenience, and health and safety considerations.

The new requirements under the MVICS Act were then consolidated with existing requirements in FMVSS 215 and promulgated in March 1976 as a new bumper standard, which was added to NHTSA's regulations at 49 CFR Part 581. The new standard which applied to passenger cars beginning with MY 1979, was referred to as the Phase I Standard. At the same time, a "no damage" requirement (Phase II) was placed on bumper systems for model year 1980 and subsequent years. (See question 6 for more information on Phase I and II requirements.)

The most recent revisions to the bumper standard took place in May 14, 1982, effective for MY 1983 and subsequent model year passenger cars. This amendment reduced test impact speeds from 5 mph to 2.5 mph for longitudinal front and rear barrier and pendulum impacts and from 3 mph to 1.5 mph for corner pendulum impacts. In addition, Phase I damage resistance criteria were substituted for Phase II criteria and a bumper height requirements of 16 to 20 inches was established for passenger cars.
While they still might not survive a 5 MPH crash standard, it HAS to survive the current federal standard or cannot be sold. same goes for any safety aspect of any new car. there are minimum Safety standards.

One reason for the loctation change for the Gas cap, and this is just speculation on my part, is maybe the top fender location was not going to be safe in a rollover accident, it could be torn from the car creating a gasoline spill and potential fireball...
Old 02-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #153
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
how do we know this is the v8? the scoop doesnt looka ny more open from this angle than it does on the white one. and the brakes are extremly small. the wheels and tires are the same as on the white one also.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #154
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Okay now everybody a big GROUP HUG!!!!! AAHH now dont cha feel better!! I know everybody wanted the concept the way it was (myself included) but we'll have to live with or without what GM decides to build. My wife told me last night that we can for SURE get the car. So I know for a fact now that I will be getting one. And I will take what they produce. Designed with my options that I want. But all this negativity towards what they are making is not good for the camaro soul. I would like for Scott to post a reply to some of the things that are going on, without his wink wink comments though. Come guys this thing is going to be a bad ass car regardless of gas cap,headlights ect.... By far better than that Mustang stuff.... We just need some input from Scott to settle this down just a bit...
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote