Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #71

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom97ss View Post
Absolutely!! This one was hit outside of the park. Who listens to the stereo in a car like this anyways?
As much as it is Spartan in creature comforts, I find it very ironic that this is the only model that offers a true one-of-a-kind option: A/C or no A/C...lol...What a concept!!...(I hope the idea catches on with other models...)
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #72
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
I would be willing to part with ABS and power steering before AC... that's just me
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #73
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I think GM already missed the ball by not offering a Z/28 for the 2010-2013 model years.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #74
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
I think a lot of people wanted a track oriented LS7 Camaro at 1LE prices and that just couldn't happen.

I'm really surprised that GM went through and put the best engine they have in best most hallowed moniker left on the Camaro wish list. It took real guts on their part to build a Z/28 from a 5th Gen Camaro that didn't at first seem to lend itself well to a track first halo car. But they have managed to do it. And even if it becomes more rare collector car than street or track racer the idea that GM went and built it says a lot about this new GM.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #75
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Z/28 the only ones sold will be put into a garage with the hope that 20 years from now they will be worth something. Corvette shell filled with the owner's preference would be a cheaper/better option for the track.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #76
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
After reading this thread, I'm convinced you can't make everyone happy. No matter how good GM nailed it with the z28, there's always the few that say "but but but my waydio and speakazz"....

If I didn't have my zl1, which I'm considering tracking soon, I'd definitely be ordering the z28.
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #77
Red Rocker
I can't drive 55!

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
After reading a few posts - I simply came here to respond to a couple of them because I realized that too many people don't understand what the original intent of the Z/28 really was.......:

go back and read the history of WHY the Z28 was introduced in the first place.

Don't 'guess' and don't try to 'interpret' - because some of us were actually around back then! (I didn't mean that as a shot -- but.......)

Tidbit: the 1967 Z28 didn't have Z28 anywhere on the car - it was simply an option code (RPO) that essentially said: "This is the car we're building to compete in SCCA's Trans Am racing series. All others beware!" It was not meant to be a daily driver - and this new Z/28 is not meant to be a daily driver. it will "separate the men from the boys" so to speak....... If you want comfort -- this is not the car for you.....

We stayed true to the original intent. Want a stereo radio? Go buy a ZL1 or a
1LE or an SS and make mods.

The Z/28 is essentially a race car.

Sorry that some of you don't like that.....but we have to make hard decisions and I stand behind this Z/28 'til the cows come home.

I don't like to be this abrupt - but I'm operating on very little sleep - it's been a long week -- and frankly my patience is running a bit thin with people who don't understand what a Z/28 really is meant to be........

(....oh - and for those of you who are nay-sayers? I wish you could have heard the remarks about the new Z/28 - people at the unveil were blown away.......)
Exactly Scott. The Z/28 nameplate is returning to it's racing roots instead of being some nameplate slapped on the highest performance Camaro in the lineup at the time. I'll get a ZL1 to get the creature comforts of a daily driver with the ability to autocross it on occasion if I'd like. The new Z/28 is not for everybody.
Red Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #78
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This car could come with a drivers seat and nothing else inside and I would still crave one. I have ZL1 and I love this car so much more. Who listens to a radio in a hot rod anyhow? I like hear the motor more.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #79
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
After reading a few posts - I simply came here to respond to a couple of them because I realized that too many people don't understand what the original intent of the Z/28 really was.......:

go back and read the history of WHY the Z28 was introduced in the first place.

Don't 'guess' and don't try to 'interpret' - because some of us were actually around back then! (I didn't mean that as a shot -- but.......)

Tidbit: the 1967 Z28 didn't have Z28 anywhere on the car - it was simply an option code (RPO) that essentially said: "This is the car we're building to compete in SCCA's Trans Am racing series. All others beware!" It was not meant to be a daily driver - and this new Z/28 is not meant to be a daily driver. it will "separate the men from the boys" so to speak....... If you want comfort -- this is not the car for you.....

We stayed true to the original intent. Want a stereo radio? Go buy a ZL1 or a
1LE or an SS and make mods.

The Z/28 is essentially a race car.

Sorry that some of you don't like that.....but we have to make hard decisions and I stand behind this Z/28 'til the cows come home.

I don't like to be this abrupt - but I'm operating on very little sleep - it's been a long week -- and frankly my patience is running a bit thin with people who don't understand what a Z/28 really is meant to be........

(....oh - and for those of you who are nay-sayers? I wish you could have heard the remarks about the new Z/28 - people at the unveil were blown away.......)
You guys did an awsome job. I've been happy eversince seeing the SS on that tv show. I can't believe that you guys had the guts to build a car like the Z/28. If I would have thought that you would have made the z/28 the car that it should be as you just did, I would have never bought my ZL1. I guess I'll just have both now if I can get ahold of one. Thanks for building the best Camaro ever. You guys should all be proud of yourselfs.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #80
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
With respect to the Z28, i'm glad I got my ZL1.

I'm really wanting to know what track the 3 second statistic came from. Maybe somone can chime in? If the Z28 is 3 seconds faster than the ZL1 around VIR, it puts 3 Camaro's in the top 10 for the 2013 Lightning Lap. 3 seconds faster than the ZL1 around VIR is a second faster than a LEXUS LFA!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #81
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
strip it down and jack up the price(on a name)..now that's good business...should've limit the production#s too, then jack up the price some more..
..saving weight on manual windows, good one.
Agreed 100%. People talking about this car being in the neighborhood of $75k??? Camaro aficiandos have been asking for a Z-28 since the 2010's came out. Now GM brings it back as an overpriced (potentially), stripped down, track car. I think they're really limiting their market here. Remember the SS/R? Yikes!!!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #82
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
My 2 cents: Chevy engineers have lost their minds... The Z/28 should have been an upgrade to the SS. 1. An upgraded interior. 2. 1 of a kind Z/28 logo wheels. 3. 1 of kind hood. 4. OFFER A TRACK PACK OPTION for people who want to take it the the track. Just a thought..
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #83
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocker View Post
Exactly Scott. The Z/28 nameplate is returning to it's racing roots instead of being some nameplate slapped on the highest performance Camaro in the lineup at the time. I'll get a ZL1 to get the creature comforts of a daily driver with the ability to autocross it on occasion if I'd like. The new Z/28 is not for everybody.
The way your talking youd think your going to buy one. Sorry but I'm not happy especially considering the Z/28 isn't practical for most consumers. Why bring the name plate back to satisfy those whom won't buy it because its not practical. I'm alittle dissappointed honestly. Kudos to those who wanted it and won't buy it.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #84
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I already said it in another thread, but I believe GM is pulling a Ford tactic from years ago with the new Z-28. Remember the 2000 Cobra-R? Limited production, expensive, not your everyday driver, track car. People have been hounding GM since 2010 to ressurect the Z, now we're getting a limited production, expensive, track car.
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote