Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
chrysler

do any one of you guys feel bad for chrysler? like dodge ram is going to be its own brand, and the chally isnt selling much, and a bunch of cars are going to be axed and replaced with fiat. i kinda feel bad for them and their fans. lol i go to chally talk and its different from here. over there, their company is not doing so well, and the camaro is selling like hot cakes.
305pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I do feel bad...They've lost "the game". But then again, I don't...virtually nothing they've put out is competitive in the market beyond looks, and that's subjective...so what could anyone expect?

And now they're going to be mangled up by Fiat --
What comes out of the other end may look good, but it won't be Chrysler as we know it now. :(
Old 11-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
coolman

It really makes me sick. Like them or not they were great cars for some ,great rivals for others. I don't think your going to see much left that is chrysler if they make it.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
305pride

yea, one american company down the drain. its kind of their fault though. atleast mercedes was helping with the quality. i like the friendly rivalry from the pony cars. i hope the chally doesnt go anywhere.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Do you feel bad for Toyota building 3.8 million cars then recalling them? It is up to the company to produce good products. I feel bad for a company when it can't function due to reasons out of its control, but when a company builds decent cars and only performs decently, it is up to expectations.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Do you feel bad for Toyota building 3.8 million cars then recalling them? It is up to the company to produce good products. I feel bad for a company when it can't function due to reasons out of its control, but when a company builds decent cars and only performs decently, it is up to expectations.
I don't feel bad for toyota on any thing. They can go back to japan for all I care.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I don't feel bad for toyota on any thing. They can go back to japan for all I care.
That's a good place for them.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Indeed.

Chrysler...

Chrysler isn't trying. They really aren't. Look at what GM and Ford did once they got back on their feet. What has Chrysler done? Created a new brand when GM was killing brands and downsizing? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Malibu and Fusion? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Equinox and Terrain? Look at their sales figures, down over 30% in a month when GM and Ford were up.

Sorry Chrysler, but if you're not going to put forth any effort NOW, you're going to be dead in a few years. Fiat can't do everything.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #9
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
I feel bad for any long standing American company that goes away...especially something as important as a car company, but I do agree to a certain extent a company needs to compete to survive.

I feel bad for Chrysler in that I feel Daimler really screwed them over and then dumped them...and Fiat isn't equipped to change the current situation enough to save them (at least as we know them now).
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Indeed.

Chrysler...

Chrysler isn't trying. They really aren't. Look at what GM and Ford did once they got back on their feet. What has Chrysler done? Created a new brand when GM was killing brands and downsizing? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Malibu and Fusion? What does Chrysler have to compete with the Equinox and Terrain? Look at their sales figures, down over 30% in a month when GM and Ford were up.

Sorry Chrysler, but if you're not going to put forth any effort NOW, you're going to be dead in a few years. Fiat can't do everything.
The thing is Fiat has nothing to lose here and everything to gain even if chrysler doesn't make it. I believe they just wanted to get a dealer network in the us to sell their own cars. The thing to remember is Chrysler isn't really american anymore we just own some stock in a worthless company. What a fricken shame.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #11
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Some of you are probably going to hang me for this. I think it would be cool if Ford and/or GM bought the jeep name and the right's too the Chally and Viper. However I would only want this if the company was too go under.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
305pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Some of you are probably going to hang me for this. I think it would be cool if Ford and/or GM bought the jeep name and the right's too the Chally and Viper. However I would only want this if the company was too go under.
this doesnt sound too bad when you think about it. its a shame to throw away perfectly good vehicles away, like jeeps and the chally and viper. idk. we might not see them around soon like the gto and ford gt :(
Old 11-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I sort of feel bad because they are American, but they've always been 3rd. My dad said when he was young he didn't really know anyone with a Chrysler. All Chevy's and Ford's.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Gm is cutting brands. I don't think they would be smart to bring in two cars in classes that they already rule on. Now the jeep , that might be a thought. Jeeps where made by a lot of different people back in the day so why not.