Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2008, 02:00 AM   #85
AH17708
Side Showin

Drives: 96 Impala SS
MSRP...and Availability

So Saturday morning I go to my dealer and the 3 that they had were already ordered and accounted for...so now im on a crazy hunt..but with work and school I wont be able to go on my hunt until next weekend...not to mention they want 2,000 for the deposit and they are chargin 5k over msrp!!! I dont want to do business with these clowns anyway.....im just afraid by this weekend...I will be too late and there will be no more at any other dealers here in the bay area for all of you who have ordered...should I stand firm and demand that I get the car at MSRP????..Ohhh The Agony :(
Old 10-20-2008, 02:25 AM   #86
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
talk to Mindz...think he's doing some sort of group buy....ya'll need to talk to a fleet guy.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #87
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingchicken88 View Post
No, they can start as early as they want, as long as the emissions and other requirements that have been set for 2010 have been met. It all depends on when the government releases that information, but it's probably out already.
They cannot start production of any 2010 model before January 1st 2009...

Talked to the local dealer Saturday, they can order 13 and as of Saturday they have had 3 orders... not a good sign for this area.. Selling at MSRP on these orders...
Old 10-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #88
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
I went back to my dealer on Friday evening to make a change to my order (color, MX0 vs MN6 and factory stripes) during my visit I asked him how many allocations he had. He said only 9 for the first 5 months of production. He said he has more allocations for the vette - He said - ”wanna order a new vette”????

He also said of the nine, mine was the ONLY firm order so far. Everyone that was on their waiting list has opted out. When I asked him why he said because "some dealers" are discounting the Corvette so heavily and they are readily available it's killing him and others.

This seems so typical of GM's dysfunctional business and management practices these days. But he does have a point; you can buy a new 2009 1LT vette for $41K or a 2SS for $36K (or more with some of the obscene dealer mark ups being applied), this could skim off some potential Camaro buyers. Talk about “eating their own”.

I wonder how many new Camaro buyers will "opt out"in the coming months and buy a new vette, especially if we get into next spring and folks arent't getting their cars??
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #89
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Well that is probably BS for the simple reason that the system they use to book a car could not handle processing 1,000 orders in 40 minutes.

Also, the Solstice ordering occurred when the car came on-line, not 5 months before with no advertising whatsoever as is the case now.
No BS.. They had a different system for ordering back in 2005 each division had their own ordering system...I know what I am talking about, many dealers couldn't get into the system because it was jammed with dealers ordering.. I followed the Solstice from concept to production, as I have with the Camaro... There has beem much more information available throughout the Camaro development than there was with the Solstice. The first time the General public got a preview of the Solstice was on the Apprentice TV show just before orders were taken(and that is when they announced the orders being taken for the first 1000 Solstices). About the advertizing, I have seen billboards with the Camaro on it for a year now, some even said it was the 2009 Camaro... And dealers around here have been advertizing about taking orders for the new Camaro also... still not a record breaker, but in these times it is a good sign that people want one. I just hope it picks up. The cuttoff date they tell me is October 31st for the "Sold Orders"

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 10-20-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #90
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH17708 View Post
So Saturday morning I go to my dealer and the 3 that they had were already ordered and accounted for...so now im on a crazy hunt..but with work and school I wont be able to go on my hunt until next weekend...not to mention they want 2,000 for the deposit and they are chargin 5k over msrp!!! I dont want to do business with these clowns anyway.....im just afraid by this weekend...I will be too late and there will be no more at any other dealers here in the bay area for all of you who have ordered...should I stand firm and demand that I get the car at MSRP????..Ohhh The Agony :(
What dealer are you talking about? Like Tag' mentioned below, I think Mindz's been working on trying to find dealers up here to work with. Although I'm not endorsing them (I did buy my '02 from them), I think Folsom Chevy said they'd sell at MSRP, according to Mindz. Please don't quote me, because I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think that's what he's posted in the California Section. I don't think I'd give Daugherty a chance, although, I've never had a sales experience with them (only service). Sullivan in Roseville may work with you, but those are the only ones around Sacramento that I know of.

Personally, I'm thinking of going to the outskirts of Sacramento to find a deal. I know when I was working in Woodland, that the Dodge dealer there wasn't charging mark-ups on Vipers because they were a pretty small dealer and just thought that small-town mentality would hold true to the other dealers in the area. I know my dealer didn't mark-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
talk to Mindz...think he's doing some sort of group buy....ya'll need to talk to a fleet guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
I went back to my dealer on Friday evening to make a change to my order (color, MX0 vs MN6 and factory stripes) during my visit I asked him how many allocations he had. He said only 9 for the first 5 months of production. He said he has more allocations for the vette - He said - ”wanna order a new vette”????

He also said of the nine, mine was the ONLY firm order so far. Everyone that was on their waiting list has opted out. When I asked him why he said because "some dealers" are discounting the Corvette so heavily and they are readily available it's killing him and others.

This seems so typical of GM's dysfunctional business and management practices these days. But he does have a point; you can buy a new 2009 1LT vette for $41K or a 2SS for $36K (or more with some of the obscene dealer mark ups being applied), this could skim off some potential Camaro buyers. Talk about “eating their own”.

I wonder how many new Camaro buyers will "opt out"in the coming months and buy a new vette, especially if we get into next spring and folks arent't getting their cars??
What is up with that?! Even if I could get a 1LT 'Vette for that price, I'd still get a Camaro anyways. Shoot, even if there were a model down the road that was in the mid-40s, I'd still get it over a 'Vette because I'm just a Camaro guy. Perhaps that's what GM is thinking...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #91
Jarvis59
owner/operator VIN 1760

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
first Post.
Thanks for all the great info!
I ordered a 2SS on moday. Has anybody gotted their 6 digit order number from their dealer to track their order?
Jarvis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #92
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis59 View Post
first Post.
Thanks for all the great info!
I ordered a 2SS on moday. Has anybody gotted their 6 digit order number from their dealer to track their order?
Yup sure have...Did you not get yours? It should be 6 letters
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #93
Jarvis59
owner/operator VIN 1760

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Yup sure have...Did you not get yours? It should be 6 letters
No I did not. My Sales person has to check with the order person.....
Jarvis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #94
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
I'd like to think that we'll know more by close of business tomorrow when it comes to sales... should have a first number of how many it sold in the first 7 days of ordering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^Can't wait to see that #. Mine goes in tomorrow too.... oh boy...
+ 1 and

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #95
z71roller

Drives: 2010 Silverado Z71
Many of the dealerships in my area were able to take 9 pre-orders. I ordered mine on 10/15 and was already the fifth person to place an order. Best of luck to everyone gettting their dream machine.
z71roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #96
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro trans am squad View Post
dam ford N trouble again.....mustang dead.....gt-r dead.......dodge challenger meet us @ da track.....da time is comin real soon 4 da Legend 2 return u know what happenz when u awake a wild beast out of itz sleep?????? find out when da new Camaro hitz da streetz
go bak 2 da skool
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #97
Rdrage728

Drives: ls2 powered 96 s10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
go bak 2 da skool
lol
Rdrage728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #98
redsap05

Drives: 2005 pontiac gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post

This is were the choice becomes tough for me. Iam partial to camaro, my first car was a 1986 camaro with the 5.0 ( 305) v8, then a 91z28, a 98 trans am, a 2001 som camaro ss and now an 05 gto. Iam really turned off by the weight of this thing, its a little heavier than my gto but I will wait to see what people are running in the quarter mile with them before I deicide that Iam geting one. My buddies Ls3 vette runs 12.3's @ 117.7 bone stock. Iam currious to see what the camaro does as I have been leaning towards a vette cause I want the Lighter car and the ability to put some wide tires on the back. But only time will tell and make no mistake I love the camaro, I find myself draw to it over the vette but the weight just kills it for me
redsap05 is offline   Reply With Quote