Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
TWICESSILVER

Drives: '11 2SS M6 Vert
You Guessed it! Another Vert PROBLEM!

I would have posted this in one of the existing vert problem threads, but if some people are like myself, then thet may miss this. I had no problems with my top until...the enhancements! I was leary of allowing anyone to do anything but since I had received 3 letters and numerous email, I decided to let them perform the 'tape job'. I did have signs of rubbing, but I kept it padded when top was down and they would disappear with a good horse hair brushing. I had a small amount of wind noise coming from rear passenger window and I thought, what the heck, maybe they can make it better....Boy was I ever wrong! I feel like an idiot for not heeding advise like "not broke; don't fix it". Here are some pics of my newly 'enhanced' top. YES, I am on my way back to the dealership today...BUMMER!
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Twicessilver,

I do apologize for your frustration and we do value your concern. I have taken note of this issue and we do hope this gets resolved. Please keep us updated and if you have any follow-up questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
Welcome to the club! It has many members and isn't all that exclusive. But we're nice people.
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
something has come loose for sure... good luck with the fix and please post back
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
ouch.. sorry to see that TwiceSilver... Let us know how it turns out. In our facebook group? Went over 200 people this week.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/226942550693692/
Old 05-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
The Ratchet

Drives: 2011 RJT Vert 2LT/RS
What IS that? It looks some type of detergent like water spotting pattern? Can you wash it off, or it a permanent stain in the top from something?

A lot of pics posted are hard to see, or is splitting hairs, but this one is fairly blunt in its visibility.
The Ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
mrdth

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Twicessilver,

I do apologize for your frustration and we do value your concern. I have taken note of this issue and we do hope this gets resolved. Please keep us updated and if you have any follow-up questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Sorry op to go off topic but once again I see "Chevrolet Customer Service" chiming in with a hope and a prayer. I don't get it! "They've taken note" to what end , what actual action is being done? What follow-up questions would there be? Have they been in direct contact with the op or the dealer? The op went to the dealer and as a result has more problems than when he went in. Isn't the time for "customer service" to take action not just to take note. I've seen this many times and it's starting to aggravate me. It seems like phoney pr to make it look like they care. But talk is cheap and I want action not words. No offense Brandon my anger is not directly at you I know you're only doing your job, its GM that I have a problem with. If I'm wrong please tell me, I hope I am. If they're a true liaison that would be great but I haven't seen any proof of that. It's frustrating enough with the problems we've all had but to be patronized on top of it is making it worse.
Dynatech Ceramic Coated LT Headers
Magnaflow 3" Competition Cat BacK
CAI Cold Air Intake
RX Catch Can
Pfadt Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Cradle Bushings
Built And Tuned By Jannetty Racing Enterprises
mrdth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdth View Post
Sorry op to go off topic but once again I see "Chevrolet Customer Service" chiming in with a hope and a prayer. I don't get it! "They've taken note" to what end , what actual action is being done? What follow-up questions would there be? Have they been in direct contact with the op or the dealer? The op went to the dealer and as a result has more problems than when he went in. Isn't the time for "customer service" to take action not just to take note. I've seen this many times and it's starting to aggravate me. It seems like phoney pr to make it look like they care. But talk is cheap and I want action not words. No offense Brandon my anger is not directly at you I know you're only doing your job, its GM that I have a problem with. If I'm wrong please tell me, I hope I am. If they're a true liaison that would be great but I haven't seen any proof of that. It's frustrating enough with the problems we've all had but to be patronized on top of it is making it worse.

I had a long thesis written... but big brothers watching and my tops still F'd up... gotta hold my tongue... for now.

Really a sucky situation tho
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
Kevin, where ya been? You get spanked here?
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #11
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Well, it is official, the people who have problems with their tops club is now bigger than the people who haven't slept with a Kardashian club.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #12
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Well, it is official, the people who have problems with their tops club is now bigger than the people who haven't slept with a Kardashian club.
LOL
Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
TWICESSILVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ratchet View Post
What IS that? It looks some type of detergent like water spotting pattern? Can you wash it off, or it a permanent stain in the top from something?

A lot of pics posted are hard to see, or is splitting hairs, but this one is fairly blunt in its visibility.
I put Raggtop Protectant on my top from day one. That's just dew.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #14
TWICESSILVER

Dealership has been great with customer service, so far. The way a service dept. treats people goes a long way with me....right up until their technical incompetence shines through. I AM still giving my dealer the benefit of the doubt...Time will tell. I'm on shift at work and they were busy yesterday; so I had to set appointment for next week.