Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by air.force.chick View Post
@DagoCountyGee --Are the HID kits a lot brighter?

@USAFboy -- Thats where I bought my Fog Light kit for my LS, I like AAC - I will check there also! I want halo's eventually. Thanks!
Yes they are. I'm sure you've seen em on every other car. It's mostly the ones that have the blue colored headlights.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #16
air.force.chick

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS

Here is a picture of the fog lights in the day time. I don't have any pics of them in at night. But I will so I can post!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
@DagoCountyGee --Are the HID kits a lot brighter?

@USAFboy -- Thats where I bought my Fog Light kit for my LS, I like AAC - I will check there also! I want halo's eventually. Thanks!
For fog light bulbs, I suggest going to www.gen5diy.com Grest prices and service. If you have a product question, just PM 2SSRS on this site. He is the owner.

Just slapping a HID kit in a Halogen housing is not only illegal, but dangerous to other drivers as well. A HID bulb needs a projector to focus the light output and not blind other drivers.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #18
DagoCountyGee

The only times an HID kit blinds you is when a lifted truck is behind you. I get blinded more by cars with projectors.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #19
DagoCountyGee

Quote:

Here is a picture of the fog lights in the day time. I don't have any pics of them in at night. But I will so I can post!
I wanna see a night time pic
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
air.force.chick

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
OKAY! : ) will do!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #21
DagoCountyGee

Cool
Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #22
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
This is not true, they are only illegal if they are improperly installed. It all comes down to physics. If the burn point of the HID is the same as the halogen then the reflector will focus the HID correctly and not blind anyone. The problem is that most HIDs don't match the burn point and the light is reflected broadly blinding oncoming drivers.
There were OEM HIDs in reflector housings in the early Altima's and other cars.
If you are going to get HID just get them from a reputable dealer with the bulb meant for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
For fog light bulbs, I suggest going to www.gen5diy.com Grest prices and service. If you have a product question, just PM 2SSRS on this site. He is the owner.

Just slapping a HID kit in a Halogen housing is not only illegal, but dangerous to other drivers as well. A HID bulb needs a projector to focus the light output and not blind other drivers.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #23
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
This is not true, they are only illegal if they are improperly installed. It all comes down to physics. If the burn point of the HID is the same as the halogen then the reflector will focus the HID correctly and not blind anyone. The problem is that most HIDs don't match the burn point and the light is reflected broadly blinding oncoming drivers.
There were OEM HIDs in reflector housings in the early Altima's and other cars.
If you are going to get HID just get them from a reputable dealer with the bulb meant for your car.
Idk who told you that but umm yea. It is illegal to install HID in a car aftermarket. There is no such thing as a Chinese hid bulb matching a halogen focal point. Either do a retrofit and leave the glare kit to the ricers or become one yourself. Or just get quality halogens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafboy View Post
I think AAC sells HOD bulbs, basically just really bright halogens, I guess if you already got the other bulbs then it's too late but were here to help
So he can burn his car down?? Great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Get an HID kit from DDM tuning... Only $40.
Worst suggestion on the forum. Go you.

Quote:
The only times an HID kit blinds you is when a lifted truck is behind you. I get blinded more by cars with projectors.
Is that how you justified a glare kit??
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #24
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Yea. HIDs in a housing not designed for them is a bad idea. Either pick up some rs headlight housings ooooor some silverstars and call it a day.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
DagoCountyGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Idk who told you that but umm yea. It is illegal to install HID in a car aftermarket. There is no such thing as a Chinese hid bulb matching a halogen focal point. Either do a retrofit and leave the glare kit to the ricers or become one yourself. Or just get quality halogens.

So he can burn his car down?? Great idea.

Worst suggestion on the forum. Go you.

Is that how you justified a glare kit??
Huh?? I have an RS... Son I had an HID kit on my previous car. Nobody EVER flashed me. And I have no problem with other people with them driving towards you. It's the trucks that blind you since the light is right In front of your face (or behind you)...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Huh?? I have an RS... Son I had an HID kit on my previous car. Nobody EVER flashed me. And I have no problem with other people with them driving towards you. It's the trucks that blind you since the light is right In front of your face (or behind you)...
Lol. I bet it looked sweet. And I'm glad you don't live near me because you have to be legally blind if a glare kit doesn't bother you. Because it bothers just about every other person on the road. I use my 100w hid spotlight on people with glare kits.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
DagoCountyGee

Maybe everyone around you uses a 55w kit???
Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #28
C586
Account Suspended

But it's not just me that's bothered by glare kits. Everyone but you is bothered by them. They aren't all 55w kits around me. They are all annoying and blinding though.