Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

GM Parts House
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #8261
ZED SLED

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2015 Terrain
I'm in NY, so I hear you. I want to see our Governor's SAFE Act shoved so far up his azz he can taste it. I think about that every time I'm at the range pulling the breakdown pin on my AR so I can load 10 rds by hand into my fixed magazine. Not to mention the hunting and target shooting only provision on my CCL mandated by my county. There's only one company that will ship ammo to your front door here. Everyone else will only ship to an FFL because of their interpretation of this crap. Hope Cuomo ends up in a jail cell along with all the mayors in their so called illegal immigrant safe zones, but I'm not holding my breath.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #8262
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX, 2016 Camaro 1SS
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/05/go...next-congress/

That is the article I read yesterday about it. I think this should go through as you can get caught carrying in the wrong state and not realize it. I do not carry everyday as I am not in a situation that warrants that where I live. When I take my family out of town that changes. We usually go to Colorado every winter and enjoy riding snow mobiles of hiking through the national forest. I carry more for animal protection and dangers to my family.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #8263
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The national CCL will be a wonderful thing but the states that don't want it will find a way to weasel out of it.

"Oh you have a ccl? Well you're under arrest. Not cause of your ccl but because the gun you're carrying is illegal to carry in our state. We passed a law at the beginning of the year that says only revolvers that hold 5 rounds or less can be carried concealed." Or some other bull crap such as this.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #8264
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
You'd think any CCL bill would have language at least minimizing how much stricter any individual state could make this.

Norm
Old 12-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #8265
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX, 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The national CCL will be a wonderful thing but the states that don't want it will find a way to weasel out of it.

"Oh you have a ccl? Well you're under arrest. Not cause of your ccl but because the gun you're carrying is illegal to carry in our state. We passed a law at the beginning of the year that says only revolvers that hold 5 rounds or less can be carried concealed." Or some other bull crap such as this.
This is very true. Can always choose not to go to bull crap states. I will not go to California and spend any money because of this. Here in the south you are pretty good. The only states I care to visit any more do not have random weird gun laws.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #8266
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
As a retired cop I have my LEOSA Act ID card, and my MT Hwy Patrol, retired badge and ID, which enables me to carry nationwide. I also have a CCW permit from my home County here in MT. Though that is used solely for firearm purchases to avoid the NIC's check

I am still careful when I carry in CA as my Wife's Family resides in the Bay area and we visit occasionally.

My Mother is in NJ , I visit her 3-4 times a year. I am REALLY careful there. The NJSP and the local Agencies are very anti gun. Got stopped in a DUI checkpoint by Atlantic City a few years back and the first question from the Trooper.... "Do You have any firearms"? I asked him if this was a checkpoint for firearms or for drunk drivers?

I had a concealed M-60 Smith but didn't mention it.

I told him no one was drinking...offered my DL which he looked at for two seconds and he waved us through.

He should have honored my LEOSA Carry ID, but I didn't want to be the lucky test case for NJ.

We are pretty easy on concealed carry permits here in MT. Same with vehicles carrying firearms. And we have Millions of firearms out here. Yet we have VERY FEW issues with random shootings, road rage shootings, etc.

Could NOT imagine living under the draconian laws many of You have to put up with in CA, NJ, MA, NY, etc.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #8267
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
As a retired cop I have my LEOSA Act ID card, and my MT Hwy Patrol, retired badge and ID, which enables me to carry nationwide. I also have a CCW permit from my home County here in MT. Though that is used solely for firearm purchases to avoid the NIC's check

I am still careful when I carry in CA as my Wife's Family resides in the Bay area and we visit occasionally.

My Mother is in NJ , I visit her 3-4 times a year. I am REALLY careful there. The NJSP and the local Agencies are very anti gun. Got stopped in a DUI checkpoint by Atlantic City a few years back and the first question from the Trooper.... "Do You have any firearms"? I asked him if this was a checkpoint for firearms or for drunk drivers?

I had a concealed M-60 Smith but didn't mention it.

I told him no one was drinking...offered my DL which he looked at for two seconds and he waved us through.

He should have honored my LEOSA Carry ID, but I didn't want to be the lucky test case for NJ.

We are pretty easy on concealed carry permits here in MT. Same with vehicles carrying firearms. And we have Millions of firearms out here. Yet we have VERY FEW issues with random shootings, road rage shootings, etc.

Could NOT imagine living under the draconian laws many of You have to put up with in CA, NJ, MA, NY, etc.
Neither Gun ownership nor a state's CCW-friendliness seem to be showing strong correlation to Gun Murders at least if you look at the most recent census versus that same year's Gun Murders per 100,000 people. Population Density seems to be a much stronger contributing factor and Montana is our 3rd least population dense state (I think MT is 11th or 12th lowest rate of gun murders per 100K).

That being written, yeah I would hate to live in a state that you had no right to carry. Add Hawaii to the list.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler (well someone could possibly beat me).
-Mishimoto CAI and Catch Can.

VIN - 1G1FH1R79G0155044

Ordered on 2/5/16, built on Leap Day (2/29/16) and delivered on 4/1/16.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #8268
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Wonder if MD Govenor will try and do anything to go against the nationwide CCL. I want to sit through a class or two before I think about getting a CCL if it becomes available
Old 12-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #8269
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Wonder if MD Govenor will try and do anything to go against the nationwide CCL.
In it's current form, the only thing a state can do is regulate what kind of gun you can carry.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun