Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #141
Shipsinaday.com

Drives: 2010 red jewel 2SS camaro
A Tallahassee, Florida shop that will remove your exhaust and add straight pipe

First of all, thank you for posting the original link to this thread! I decided the day I heard it that it was what I would also do upon the arrival of my camaro (and wife’s- we're already fighting over it, haha). We finally received it yesterday and love it. But I will admit, it sounds like a Cadillac and not a camaro. Hence, why I love this thread! I only joined this forum today, but I and others read it frequently.

Anyway, I would like to inform anyone in the Tallahassee Florida area that Jones Auto Electric and muffler has no problem making custom pipes. They (Dave and Darrell- I think) are some sharp and nice people and seem to love tricking out cars their selves.

If anyone cannot find a local shop, I'd be happy to have the shop duplicate an extra set and ship to you. However, you would have to have someone weld them onto your car.

Another note, the stainless steel exhaust tip will also have to be removed by a welder and added to the custom pipes. Or do not add at all or add aftermarket tips (be sure they are stainless and not chrome plated steel or they will one day rust).

One other important subject, I purchased 1 of 2 camaros Brooks Motors in Thomasville, Al. ordered long ago. The other buyer backed out and as of yesterday it remained available. I drove 5 hours to purchase it from this dealer who I had never met only because they were not price gouging! Sticker price is what they will sell it to you for if you are not planning to flip it. They will make you title it. I do not have all the specs, but from what I did confirm it is a silver ss, v8, sunroof, leather, and had standard non polished rims. Probably a $36-37k msrp. Please tell them I sent you. I do not receive anything back, but this is another way to thank them again for not over charging as the other 30-40 dealers I contacted prior to placing an order. Ask for Evelyn.
Shipsinaday.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #142
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAgMaN View Post
Hezell ya! Salinas in the south side for $80 bucks in 40 minutes.

They look and sound great! The guy did my 67 and I was impressed, so I made a trip down off highway 90 and waaalaaah.......my baby's nuts droped.

Awesome!!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #143
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
Sounds good, and I don't want to be the first negative comment on this, but $200 to just cut off the mufflers and weld pipe in place of them? Sorry but you could get a much more refined sound with the purchase of 2 "pick your brand" mufflers for around that price.

We had a custom fully mandrel bent stainless exhaust done on our '69 SS Convertible from headers back that even goes up and over the rear axle for under $300 (not including the hooker mufflers). A good exhaust shop that does mandrel bending will easily be able to bend those two short section of pipes and attach them and have them look even, etc.. I know the shop we go to (I have used him for every vehicle I have owned and my Dad has since he was younger) has REASONABLE prices.. I know I'm lucky to know of a shop that doesn't charge you more than they should but I still feel bad for people paying $200 to do something like this. In my opinion from all the exhaust work I have had done on over half a dozen vehicles, I feel you should be able to have this muffler delete and striaght pipe done at a shop for no more than $100.

So yes, if I had to personally spend $200 to have this done, I would go with 2 mufflers for that price to give it a more refined sound, but since it is a job that should be able to be done for $100, it is definately an inexpensive way to make the car sound a bit better.
$100 max here in AL; different prices are expected around the country.

Still waiting for the inside cabin video!!!!!!

Last edited by domano 68; 07-11-2009 at 11:39 AM.
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:59 AM   #144
jdsmith807

Drives: 2010 camaross
well here is my two cents on the L99 muffler delete. Not good at all!!! Hearing the active fuel management thing way to often.( 8 cylinder to 4 cylinder) Please, need help to get the sound but without that change over sound. Thanks John.
jdsmith807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #145
presholt33
Account Suspended

Drives: too numerous
heard a ls3 muffler delete today.i definitely going to do this mod.that car sounded incredible
presholt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #146
SShift

Drives: Only Bowties!
Sound good!
SShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #147
Flyingdog1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6M SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAgMaN View Post
Legend, where did you get it done again?
Ditto
Flyingdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #148
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdog1 View Post
Ditto
Lethal Performance, just outside San Antonio (Garden Ridge I think).

Ask for Don...

Lethal Performance
18838 FM 2252
San Antonio, TX 78266
Phone: 210-656-5220
Email: n/a
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #149
Flyingdog1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6M SIM
Thanks! Can anyone recommend an exhaust shop in the DFW area to do a muffler delete?
Flyingdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #150
Bobby

Drives: 1977 corvette, 1979 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391 View Post
Lol, finally someone did it. If it passes for inspection this is what i will be doing when i get my Camaro! Thanks for posting, sounds awesome for a muffler delete.
I would say yes with the cats and resonators on the car they are not going to question a muffler being gone and you still have back pressure so I would say it would actually help the performance better that the 900.00 gm mufflers
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #151
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
This is a must for me.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #152
Bobby

I can see you cut out the big can mufflers but did you use the tips from the stock mufflers?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #153
Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsinaday.com View Post
First of all, thank you for posting the original link to this thread! I decided the day I heard it that it was what I would also do upon the arrival of my camaro (and wife’s- we're already fighting over it, haha). We finally received it yesterday and love it. But I will admit, it sounds like a Cadillac and not a camaro. Hence, why I love this thread! I only joined this forum today, but I and others read it frequently.

Anyway, I would like to inform anyone in the Tallahassee Florida area that Jones Auto Electric and muffler has no problem making custom pipes. They (Dave and Darrell- I think) are some sharp and nice people and seem to love tricking out cars their selves.

If anyone cannot find a local shop, I'd be happy to have the shop duplicate an extra set and ship to you. However, you would have to have someone weld them onto your car.

Another note, the stainless steel exhaust tip will also have to be removed by a welder and added to the custom pipes. Or do not add at all or add aftermarket tips (be sure they are stainless and not chrome plated steel or they will one day rust).

One other important subject, I purchased 1 of 2 camaros Brooks Motors in Thomasville, Al. ordered long ago. The other buyer backed out and as of yesterday it remained available. I drove 5 hours to purchase it from this dealer who I had never met only because they were not price gouging! Sticker price is what they will sell it to you for if you are not planning to flip it. They will make you title it. I do not have all the specs, but from what I did confirm it is a silver ss, v8, sunroof, leather, and had standard non polished rims. Probably a $36-37k msrp. Please tell them I sent you. I do not receive anything back, but this is another way to thank them again for not over charging as the other 30-40 dealers I contacted prior to placing an order. Ask for Evelyn.
so you did use the stock tips from the stock mufflers, man it seem you might get a shop to do the for $50 to $100. too pieces of pipe to you stock tip pretty cool
Old 07-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #154
Bobby

I do not think a smog shop would even question it, and besides the cats are there and for those of you that are worried save the mufflers you can always weld them on, I think this is the first mod I am making when I get mine