Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
I would skip the woolite and use either dreft which is a baby clothes detergent or use liquid tide, no bleach and add some vinegar to the mix. The vinegar will dissolve the wax and any bleach that may be in the wash.

Don't listen to those corvette guys on there woolite, next they will tell us to use it on our leather.

If you want a actual detergent Pinnicle and Sonus have one, never used them though.

Yeah and by the way don't buy there microfibers either use stocktowelsnow.com they are the exact same thing and cheaper.

If you get a chance try using the speed wipe again but apply it like you would a liguid wax. Spray, wipe, then buff after you have done the whole car.

Ohh and Glossworkz Shampoo got a decent but short review over at detailedimage.com today.
I have a 5wk old daughter, so I have plenty of dreft laying around here.
Liquid tide (original) actually discolored my MF towels and my clothes. I won't use it anymore.

I still have 60% bottle of Speed wipe (i'll give this stuff away), they use too much dye in their mixture, it actually discolors MF towels. I don't want to have to buff away the left overs, its supposed to be a quick detail spray, not a spray wax I need to buff off. Too much work for a detail spray. Adam's is pricey but I'll pay the premium, because their product works as advertised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE 92 Z28 GUY View Post
Yeah i heard about that all in one polish being garbage,i also use adams and cg, both make great products!and they BOTH have flunky products... i love cg citrus wash n gloss really good in the foam gun to!and how do you like glossworkz?and hows the stripper scent?was wanting to try that stuff out!
The stripper scent smells well, kinda like you would imagine it... I won't use it in the camaro, I like the leather smell... However my wife likes it in her car She doesnt know what I use; just that it smells good.

I'll report back on the Glossworkz this weekend, when I have a few minutes to spend with my other baby
Old 04-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #16
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
I use the Cobra microfiber polishing cloth. I think I bought it on autogeek.net. 3 x $13 but they are pretty good.