Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't use that avatar if you want a girl...... But keep it here, I like looking at it.. Who said that?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:11 PM   #44
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
rofl dragon. That reminds me of a time I signed up on some random forum and used two girls kissing as my avatar. Everyone thought it was me in the picture and I had so many popups of people trying to start coversations with me that I couldn't type fast enough to explain.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham

...or....:eek: mixed emotions right now.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #46
c00l usmc

Drives: 1999 Camaro, 1985 Z28 Camaro
google 2moons, its a new rpg in beta. the graphics are nice and the best thing about it is it's FREE!!! even when they release it, it is going to be free. I mean if you are that bored it is worth a try at least. =D
c00l usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #47
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...or....:eek: mixed emotions right now.
I had almost forgotten I had it. but this is the pic I used. Sorry to get off topic
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #48
Mr. Wyndham

sorry...that's just kreepy with a 'k'. I'm not a big fan of that stuff...but still
Old 09-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Thanks Myka, this weekend is a little different. My g/f isn't out of town and I am looking at a car here in about an hour.

2000 Saturn SL1 with 34k miles.

The mechanic that works under my stepdad got this car from his g'ma and is selling it for 5k. I need a new car as my neon/eclipse won't last until 2010 I fear. It's been great so far, but I'm not too sure on it. Plus it has no A/C
Sounds like a good deal so far. Let us know how it goes. No AC sucks...been there, done that.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:39 AM   #50
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Going through "No A/C" right now in my 'Maro. :(
Old 09-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #51
Mr. Wyndham

Ha! No A/C? I've been there...and am there, to the extreme. I gotta drive at least 40 minutes a day for school, with no A/C, and highway driving isn't fun on the ears every day with the windows open.

I also have no heat. So that 40-minutes of road time in the winters around here, are a brutal version of Frozen-over Hell.

But what am I trying to do? Keep the damn car so I don't have to buy another one before the Camaro.... Sometimes I don't even understand myself....
Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #52
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Well I bought a new saturn yesterday so it will get me to the camaro. The interior is blah and it gets worse gas mileage then my eclipse but it's got 34k miles instead of my 146k.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #53
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Saturday at work...woot. /sigh

My Saturdays were filled with WoW since my divorce. Now a year later I have a housefull (ok, apartmentfull) of people again. LIke Tag said, a 2 year old is either on full throttle or passed out, so he's fun. The 5 year old girl has never had a solid "father figure" in her life, which is tough for a girl, so she's practically attached to me most of the day.

So basically cleaning up after them all day, though I have been teaching them both how to swim the last two weekends. Funny thing is, the boy is farther along than the girl...but babies can naturally hold thier breath underwater, they don't fear it like an older child who has choked before will.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #54
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
We did the swim lessons too. My boy was scared at first, hanging on to me w/ that death grip not wanting to let go. Then, he got to the point where he kept pushing off of me trying to get out into open 4 ft. water. He wasn't getting the point, so I let him go for a couple seconds. It scared him....for a second. *shakes head*. He kept trying to do it. We put him in a two person only class. He knows the basics of staying alive in the pool now. If he falls in and is close to the side, he now knows to get a hold of the side and "walk the wall" to the steps. He can pull himself out on his own just fine. If he can't get to the side, he knows how to float on his back w/out any problems. I just hope that if God forbid something ever does happen, he won't panic and forget. He's also learned how to kick and move himself a few feet w/ a lot of work. But, he's getting the idea. Can't wait to take him swimming to the coast in a couple weeks.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #55
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
My ex-wife's daughter, who I raised from birth to 6 years old, was weird about it. With me or my ex, she was just too afraid to TRY anything...then we put her in a class of about 8-9 kids her age learning, and in 3 weeks she was a pro. I guess she just needed to see other kids trying it, and she was sorta a leader-type kid, and she loved helping. Little did she know that her helping them was teaching her!

Every kid is different though, as I'm learning, since the current GF's kid is too shy to pull that sort of learning off.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #56
Mr. Wyndham

This was a good thread idea...like, a "dump your random thoughts due to boredom in here" space....

sooooo,
I'm bored. Not expecting any responses...but actually stating it, makes it better, maybe...
I truly believe I've inhaled almost every internet accessible, useful thing there is to know about all sorts of FI in about a week...My head hurts.
:p