Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #15
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I think my only gripe is the tablet looking screen. They took a cue from BMW
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #16

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Timing is everything....lol...

If the Camaro had debuted before the Malibu, then it would be Malibu copying the Camaro interior, instead of the other way around...

I'm sure we'll see common features and accessories....Hopefully the Camaro will have it's own vibe and be unique...If I like the new Camaro interior it won't bother me one way or the other what other makes of cars have in their interior or if it's similar to the Camaro...I can only drive one car at a time...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #17
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
some hints that I've heard are...

* A/C seats
* 8in Mylink
* Bose
* Blind Spot Monitoring
* Front Collision Alert with Adaptive Cruise
* Color HUD
Seats... I want Recaros but cooled seats would be nice here in AZ... Assuming they hold up better than the wire elements in most heated seats.

Mylink... I wish they wouldn't try to integrate a bunch of phone/IP/BT type features into the CANBUS of the car, most of these features will look like an 8-track in about 4 years. :(

Bose... NOOOOOOooooooooo!!! Ugh, so hard to replace with better quality aftermarket systems, for no good reason.

Blindspot Monitoring... in addition to a rear camera? As an option?

Color HUD... pass, esp if it's bundled like the current 2SS package.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #18
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
I still have a feeling Chevy has ruined the car.

A Camaro should look like a Camaro; outside AND inside.
And it should look like a muscle/pony car.

Have a suspicion that the new one will not.

I know a lot of people are not fond of the retro look, but a car like this needs to hark back to the glory days. Anything else is a mistake.
BINGO.......... we have a winner. I last owned a camaro back around 1995. a 1995 z28. What MAKES a camaro what it is, IS the hard interior finishes, the retro looking gauges, the retro looking body style. Updating it with modern features, but retaining that stripped down, pony car interior look and feel, is why i love the 5th generation and cant wait to get one........ i too have the feeling that chevy is gonna do a two door malibu and call it a camaro......
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #19
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I think my only gripe is the tablet looking screen. They took a cue from BMW
Agreed. Looks like it detaches or slides down. That's the number one thing people ask when they look at my 328i's interior, "Does that screen retract or something?" Nope just BMW just decided to be cheap and tack it on there lol

I'm really hoping for dual 8" displays like the C7. Really would like the difference driving modes for the gauges. I like the Malibu's materials and layout, just need more sport(Corvette) and less Buick/Cadillac design elements.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #20
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcamaro1 View Post
BINGO.......... we have a winner. I last owned a camaro back around 1995. a 1995 z28. What MAKES a camaro what it is, IS the hard interior finishes, the retro looking gauges, the retro looking body style. Updating it with modern features, but retaining that stripped down, pony car interior look and feel, is why i love the 5th generation and cant wait to get one........ i too have the feeling that chevy is gonna do a two door malibu.........
So everything your 4th gen was not right?

I swear some of you guys believe that if the car does not look like it was made in the 60s its a failure. You do realize that the cars you idolize were not stripped down, bare bones, no frills at the time right? You could get one like that but you could also get the best materials, features, and contemporary designs available at the time. Furthermore, none of these muscle cars would not exist if was left to just us to buy them. They have to appeal to a wide group of buyers, and like it or not they do not want bare bones stripped down interiors from half a century ago.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #21
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcamaro1 View Post
BINGO.......... we have a winner. I last owned a camaro back around 1995. a 1995 z28. What MAKES a camaro what it is, IS the hard interior finishes, the retro looking gauges, the retro looking body style. Updating it with modern features, but retaining that stripped down, pony car interior look and feel, is why i love the 5th generation and cant wait to get one........ i too have the feeling that chevy is gonna do a two door malibu and call it a camaro......
The camo cars look absolutely nothing like or even remotely resemble what the Malibu looks like. WTF are some of you people smoking?
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #22
terri_Lovehands

Drives: 2016 1LT RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
I still have a feeling Chevy has ruined the car.

A Camaro should look like a Camaro; outside AND inside.
And it should look like a muscle/pony car.

Have a suspicion that the new one will not.

I know a lot of people are not fond of the retro look, but a car like this needs to hark back to the glory days. Anything else is a mistake.
Why do people always feel that these cars have to harken back to the "Glory Days, or the Golden Age of Muscle cars" why can't we make our new glory days now, in fact i believe we are in another golden age of muscle cars, The mustang survives, The Challenger is back, The Charger although not the same as it was back in the "Glory Days" but its proven itself either ways and the Camaro is here to stay.
terri_Lovehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #23
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So everything your 4th gen was not right?

I swear some of you guys believe that if the car does not look like it was made in the 60s its a failure. You do realize that the cars you idolize were not stripped down, bare bones, no frills at the time right? You could get one like that but you could also get the best materials, features, and contemporary designs available at the time. Furthermore, none of these muscle cars would not exist if was left to just us to buy them. They have to appeal to a wide group of buyers, and like it or not they do not want bare bones stripped down interiors from half a century ago.
whoa. you went some places that didnt have nothing to do with what i was saying. I was giving CREDIT to the 5th generation camaro. I could care less about a 1960s camarao. To me, the 5th generation car was almost PERFECT. It reminded me of THAT 4TH generation car i had, that i loved. I currently drive a benz, but thats NOT what im looking for in a camaro. A benz has waay nicer materials, obviously, but the camaro is a different car, for different people. If people dont like the materials of the camaro, they can go buy the malibu, or a buick, or a cadillac, etc. THATS WHY manufacturors make more than one model of car.................All i was saying is i hope general motors doesnt lose its way with what makes the camaro what it is.
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #24
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I think 'elements' of the retro are what made the Gen5 -- I love all of the 'modern' touches. I believe that is why the 5th Gen took off -- modern with a hit of old school. I loved my 1st gen, but would take this 5th Gen any day with all of the upgrades it has. Keeping elements of the 'retro' while doing updates is a 'evolutionary' step that I believe GM will take -- while keeping elements of the 'retro' with modern technology upgrades.

I like the 'retro', but want the modern upgrades. I'll wait and see what the 6th Gen looks like, but I'm betting it will have some retro and modern upgrades -- I personally don't mind a modern layout of the dash -- I do like the 'digital' dash -- but we'll see. It may be 'option' to go hi-tech or go retro -- that would be a nice way to address it...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:37 PM   #25
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
So which of these "retro" interiors do you want? I'll pass on all of them, thank you.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2015, 05:37 PM   #26
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Steering wheel and Malibu shifter can be seen in this pic if you look closely into the camouflaged car.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:39 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Isn't the engineer's hand on the shifter...?
Old 04-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #28
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
So to be clear, for all of the has to be muscle has to be retro folks out there.

The Gen 6 Camaro has to be a great coupe first. If it is not, it won't sell. If it doesn't sell we get to say farewell a second time.

Check me on the numbers, but the Camaro V8s sold pretty consistently up to the end. The car died because the V6 was, to be brutally honest, a crappy coupe.

Both Ford and Fiat have made great strides in making the Challenger and Mustang great places from which to operate those cars. Going retro and forgetting technology would absolutely doom the Gen 6 to sales failure.

The interior needs to be nothing short of incredible by any standard that is not luxury.

Always remember, most Camaro owners aren't on this site. A very small percentage actually bother to come here and chat any and all things Camaro. Those people need to think the Camaro is a great car. Period. How that gets accomplished has many choices.

Also keep in mind, this Gen 6 Camaro will be the one you can go buy in 2021.