Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Chevrolet mentioned that ever since they released the Synergy Green Camaro and the Synergy Series that they would release an annual Synergy Series Camaro every year. During the SEMA events since 2009 Chevy always showed what the new Synergy Camaro would look like without announcing it as an official edition/production vehicle. This years Synergy Series Camaro was a convertible in the same paint and accessories as last years Synergy SeriesCamaro except of course with a drop top. I would put money on that this will be the next SE Camaro for the year.

Since you're looking for a convertible and a special edition, is go with this one if available. Another thing to think about is that when its hardtop coup predecessor was released, only around 500 units of that SE were sold/ordered which would make it a rare edition because of the limited numbets. Plus, if you're looking at it in a future value sense, they always say "want more cash for it, drop the top down." Hope this helps in your decision.

Last edited by Char1ieone; 03-01-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I believe at one time Becky said major annoucements are made on Thursdays. So maybe March 8th we'll know.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Thanks for making the next week of my life the slowest week ever. I WANT TO KNOW!
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
k1deg0

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Chevrolet mentioned that ever since they released the Synergy Green Camaro and the Synergy Series that they would release an annual Synergy Series Camaro. During the ARMS events since 2009 Chevy always showed what the new Synergy Camaro would look like without announcing it as an official edition vehicle. This years Synergy Series Camaro was a convertible in the same paint and accessories as last years Synergy Camaro. I would put money on that that'll be the next SE Camaro for the year.

Since you're looking for a convertible and a special edition, is go with this one if available. Another thing to think about is that when its hardtop coup predecessor was released, only around 500 units of that SE were sold/ordered which would make it a rare edition because of the limited numbets. Plus, if you're looking at it in a future value sense, they always say "want more cash for it, drop the top down." Hope this helps in your decision.
Originally it was going to be a 2SS vert, but then researching them online brought me to Camaro5 (and all the horror stories). Plus, my wife is really hoping I don't get a vert. I had a 2001 Mustang vert, and she didn't like riding in it with the top down.

So then I started looking at the 2012 TF3. I liked the look, plus I figured I wouldn't come across too many others like that.

But now with the vert top fixes supposedly in production, I'm back to my wishy-washy self.

Not a huge fan of the Synergy edition colors, so not sure I'd wait for one of those.

It's a tough decision...but not a bad decision to be able to make.

Guess I'll see what news comes out in the next month, since I really wasn't going to order/buy until April/May anyway.
k1deg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #19
steveo9043

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1deg0 View Post
Originally it was going to be a 2SS vert, but then researching them online brought me to Camaro5 (and all the horror stories). Plus, my wife is really hoping I don't get a vert. I had a 2001 Mustang vert, and she didn't like riding in it with the top down.

So then I started looking at the 2012 TF3. I liked the look, plus I figured I wouldn't come across too many others like that.

But now with the vert top fixes supposedly in production, I'm back to my wishy-washy self.

Not a huge fan of the Synergy edition colors, so not sure I'd wait for one of those.

It's a tough decision...but not a bad decision to be able to make.

Guess I'll see what news comes out in the next month, since I really wasn't going to order/buy until April/May anyway.
Why not a 2012 45th AE? I'm not biased or anything lol
Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #20
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
Thanks for making the next week of my life the slowest week ever. I WANT TO KNOW!
Should have been here in 2009 when we had to wait for them to just start building the first regular ones.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTOM View Post
Should have been here in 2009 when we had to wait for them to just start building the first regular ones.
+1 a day felt like a week lol
Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
steveo9043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTOM View Post
lol i was waiting just so I could see one back then. I know not the same
Old 03-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #23
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Personally, I really like the new TF3 Edition Camaro. I always take the future possible value and rarity based on options and accessories that can be put on. If you are craving that TF3 Edition, go for it. There arent as many orders on that one that you may think. When threally meant for certain custome first Transformers Edition was released it was at the peak of TF popularity and that only sold a total of around 1,700 units. This one is designed for very particular customers and I wouldn't expect more than around 800-1,000 units of this edition so you would really stand out from the crowd. Pluuuuuus, from the extra expense you would spend for the convertible, you add on some of the 21" Camaro wheels that makes look that much more amazing!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
k1deg0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Personally, I really like the new TF3 Edition Camaro. I always take the future possible value and rarity based on options and accessories that can be put on. If you are craving that TF3 Edition, go for it. There arent as many orders on that one that you may think. When threally meant for certain custome first Transformers Edition was released it was at the peak of TF popularity and that only sold a total of around 1,700 units. This one is designed for very particular customers and I wouldn't expect more than around 800-1,000 units of this edition so you would really stand out from the crowd. Pluuuuuus, from the extra expense you would spend for the convertible, you add on some of the 21" Camaro wheels that makes look that much more amazing!
That's a good point. Plus, there are at least 3 of them at dealers within 40 miles of me (I'm pretty remote), and one of the dealers showed an online price of $38k...for a car stickered at $41k. I'd give my home town dealer a chance to get one of them on a dealer trade for me if they could do that price.

Then I'd have money for the black ground fx I've seen on picture portion of this site. (I kind of like the black 20's it comes with. lol.)

And since there's 3 of them...and it's March in N. IL...I think it gives me time to see what Chevy announces in the next few weeks.

Man, I'm glad I came across this forum. But of course my wife will see all of you as bad influences.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #25
k1deg0

Quote:
Why not a 2012 45th AE? I'm not biased or anything lol
You know, my dealer tried to talk me into it when they had a 45th AE vert on the lot.

But I tend to shy away from black. Even though I love the color (especially when it's a little wet), I'm really lazy when it comes to washing/drying/waxing cars. So black might not be for me.

And I couldn't get myself too into the alternating stripes on the hood. I do think it's a sharp car though.

I think I'm destined for RY or VR when it comes to color choice.

Oh but now I just remembered what red stripes look like on a black Camaro. Damn you, Chevy!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
steveo9043

What part of Northern Il are you in? I am in the north west suburbs of chicago. Glendale Heights area. I picked up my 2012 45th AE for 36k from sunrise Chevy in Glendale Heights. Good dealer to work with if you are around there.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #27
k1deg0

Quote:
What part of Northern Il are you in? I am in the north west suburbs of chicago. Glendale Heights area. I picked up my 2012 45th AE for 36k from sunrise Chevy in Glendale Heights. Good dealer to work with if you are around there.
Harvard, IL. It's about 70 miles NW of Chicago.

If you make it to Crystal Lake, you still have another 30 minute drive headed NW ahead of you. lol.

Got a small-town Chevy dealer I'd give the first shot to just because he's gone over the top for us the past few years.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
EODSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 TF3
k1deg0. I have a '12 SS TF3 and love it. I live in San Antonio and have only seen 1 other SS and 1 V6. Its awesome having a Camaro that is so rare to see. Also, the GFX are not black. Its actually unpainted (Argent grey). If you look on my page you can see what it looks like. I love it and I think it looks better than the painted black IMO.
EODSS is offline   Reply With Quote