Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #3683
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Congratulations....has been a long time coming so it has to feel good to finally be able to rip it!

The launch is an art form that I never mastered....so I said screw this and went with a 4L80 to cure that looking like a tard in front of everyone problem but before I did that...4000-4500 rpm launches were the ticket on my ride.

Great first night out though!!
Thanks bro, it's was a lot tougher than I imagined... I think the last run the clutch engaged at about 5000-5200, I was no longer looking at the gauges at that point... I would love to have some slow motion close up video of the back tires on that one...

It was a long time coming, and man was the wait and doing it right the first time so worth it... The car is solid, and I'm not at all concerned about dropping the hammer any more...diff, axles, driveshaft, trans clutch, and of course that big inch furnace up front... It's all so solid.... I'm loving it...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #3684
CTHenderson

Drives: 1991 ZR-1 Corvette.
I would say Robert did great last night. Brandi is a whole lot of car, you don't just jump into a car like that and become an instant hero. Blowing the discharge pipe off on the first time to the line was probably a good tension breaker for him! Lol! So from there, the butterflys were gone and it was down to business. With the wonderful hot muggy air we've been having, we didn't expect to set any world records, but we did want to go out and test all the new drive line parts in the car. From the new motor mounts to the absolutely fantastic RSG TR6060, and the DSS 9"...I would say the drive line is tested and approved! The boost level and engine configuration is essentially the same as it was a year ago when we first got the car running, so now that we have a SUMMER HEAT baseline on low boost, we can start turning things up a little and see what she'll do. Maybe in November we'll get some good air... :-) No matter what, the goal is for Robert to have fun, the car to take all the punishment he can throw at it, and have everyone make it home happy and safe. So far so good. :-)
CTHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #3685
carbon8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS,2008 Hayabusa
Quote:
That would be really nice of him to go to work for you. And you collect the check.
They'd probably throw me off the rig and fire Robert, lol

Quote:
Great idea... Call it an adventure...
Yeah, lets call it that

It would be like that scene off of JOE DIRT. ( I'm new, what do I doooo. )
carbon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #3686
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTHenderson View Post
I would say Robert did great last night. Brandi is a whole lot of car, you don't just jump into a car like that and become an instant hero. Blowing the discharge pipe off on the first time to the line was probably a good tension breaker for him! Lol! So from there, the butterflys were gone and it was down to business. With the wonderful hot muggy air we've been having, we didn't expect to set any world records, but we did want to go out and test all the new drive line parts in the car. From the new motor mounts to the absolutely fantastic RSG TR6060, and the DSS 9"...I would say the drive line is tested and approved! The boost level and engine configuration is essentially the same as it was a year ago when we first got the car running, so now that we have a SUMMER HEAT baseline on low boost, we can start turning things up a little and see what she'll do. Maybe in November we'll get some good air... :-) No matter what, the goal is for Robert to have fun, the car to take all the punishment he can throw at it, and have everyone make it home happy and safe. So far so good. :-)
So, I'm thinking at this point the car is Robert tested and Corey approved... I'll see you in the morning... And Thanks again for everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon8 View Post
They'd probably throw me off the rig and fire Robert, lol

Yeah, lets call it that

It would be like that scene off of JOE DIRT. ( I'm new, what do I doooo. )
I've seen so many worms like that... LMAO...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 06-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #3687
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Ok, so as was mentioned,

I took Brandi out for some shake-down runs, and here is a synopsis and the time sheets... No DA correction, and no excuses or complaints... All faults in any of the runs were strictly on me... and damn was it hot...

Believe me there are no record setting times, just steady improvement and lessons learned...

Run 1... attempt... aborted due to technical difficulties... Fixed and back at it...

Run 1... actual... Wow, these tires are sticky... really sticky, and this new clutch does not slip noticibly... maybe a better driver with a lighter touch could slip it, but my noob self... not so much....

Staged, lights came down, whuuhhhh,(2500 rpm) lights change, clutch comes out, and (insert silence)<<< , as I almost killed the engine... sticky tires and a great clutch almost had me turning the key to start the car, (I was reaching for it) and realized the car was running, stabbed the gas and came off the clutch again and OMG... 3.74 60 foot... and went 13.51 at 128...

Run 2... Staged, pretty good burnout, launched at higher RPM's, 3800-4000 guestimate... and she still stumbled off the line... Again, driver fault... but better times...with a 12.1 at 128.39. Again the 60 foot was brutal, with a 2.47... I'm still not discouraged... just gotta figure it out...

Run 3... Good burnout, staged, waited for middle yellow light and ramped up on the gas pedal, and came off the clutch, just a hint of stumble, and no noticable tire spin... and wow.. that was fun... 11.0065 at 125.25... 1.6474 60 foot... Things are getting better... The funniest part of this, was getting to the ticket window and the lady leaning into the car asking if I had a cage... uhm, yes, why... OHHHH, got it.... Yes..... It dawned on me that I had actually needed a cage for my time... . This run was against a good friend and great guy... He frequents Coreys shop and I enjoy seeing him whenever he is around... Technical difficuities prevented him from giving me all I could handle on that pass, and I look forward to doing it again....

Run 4... The last run for the night...

Staged, said to myself, self... get the boat off the line... so, middle amber, nailed it, and held on... Finally, whether due to finally getting it right, or too much gas, or the track going away a little bit, I don't know, but... I spun most of first, with her butt hanging out as she slipped a little bit across the lane, and I never lifted... just stayed with it, and jammed second... and third, and broke into the tens on my first night at the track in a new car with a new trans, new tires and wheels etc.... 10.92 at 129.76 with a 1.7637 60 foot.... I was tickled at getting kudos for not backing out of it as she sached her way a bit across the lane... This car is so stable heading down the track. Steering her down track is a breeze... and very enjoyable... Now If I can learn to consistently launch her and find a happy median between killing her and smoking the tires through first gear...

Overall, I'm ecstatic... This car has tons of potential, and for the time being is faster than the driver...

I couldn't be more pleased that I stayed with the manual Trans... and RSG, Rockland Standard Gear, George, You are the bomb... No miss shifts, no grinding, no hesitation going from gear to gear... Man, what a trans...

Street Slayer Triple Carbon clutches... Wow, Thomas of Hendrix Engineering, this thing is simply amazing... 4200 lbs of car, over 800 ft/lbs of torque, and I damn near killed the motor twice.... The clutch is extremely friendly on the street and a simple beast on the track...

I didn't break into any fast list, but I'm not complaining... I am tickled beyond belief... I believe in this car and the guys that built it...

Corey Henderson, Narcisso Gomez, and all the other folks at Henderson Performance Technology....

Now I will continue working on the driver mod... after I get back from four weeks in lovely Mexico on an oil rig... Then I'll see all of you that are going in Indianapolis...

I do want to hand out a heart felt Thanks for the support from so many friends that were in attendance to see Brandi run... The list is long...

Here are the time slips from tonight... I'm in the left lane, car # 32 for all four runs...

And Mike said there would be 5 paragraphs, but there are a few more... lol... They are mostly short paragraphs... so get over it...
Nice work Bud! Work on that 60' the most important number on the time slip. The faster the 60', the faster the ET. Don't worry about the lights for now, just launch it when it's all good and your ready.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #3688
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Well, I need a "deal" on some coil overs then and a better deal then Doug got while your at it my neighbor needs some for his Goat and G8...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
In that case, you better send me something RED to put on my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

$1,000,000.00 for you, dude. NO SOUP FOR YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Hey PETE! did I mention it is my birthday? As of 9min ago....

Just thinking out loud...You would all be headed to see Corey for the installs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Ok, so as was mentioned,

I took Brandi out for some shake-down runs, and here is a synopsis and the time sheets... No DA correction, and no excuses or complaints... All faults in any of the runs were strictly on me... and damn was it hot...

Believe me there are no record setting times, just steady improvement and lessons learned...

Run 1... attempt... aborted due to technical difficulties... Fixed and back at it...

Run 1... actual... Wow, these tires are sticky... really sticky, and this new clutch does not slip noticibly... maybe a better driver with a lighter touch could slip it, but my noob self... not so much....

Staged, lights came down, whuuhhhh,(2500 rpm) lights change, clutch comes out, and (insert silence)<<< , as I almost killed the engine... sticky tires and a great clutch almost had me turning the key to start the car, (I was reaching for it) and realized the car was running, stabbed the gas and came off the clutch again and OMG... 3.74 60 foot... and went 13.51 at 128...

Run 2... Staged, pretty good burnout, launched at higher RPM's, 3800-4000 guestimate... and she still stumbled off the line... Again, driver fault... but better times...with a 12.1 at 128.39. Again the 60 foot was brutal, with a 2.47... I'm still not discouraged... just gotta figure it out...

Run 3... Good burnout, staged, waited for middle yellow light and ramped up on the gas pedal, and came off the clutch, just a hint of stumble, and no noticable tire spin... and wow.. that was fun... 11.0065 at 125.25... 1.6474 60 foot... Things are getting better... The funniest part of this, was getting to the ticket window and the lady leaning into the car asking if I had a cage... uhm, yes, why... OHHHH, got it.... Yes..... It dawned on me that I had actually needed a cage for my time... . This run was against a good friend and great guy... He frequents Coreys shop and I enjoy seeing him whenever he is around... Technical difficuities prevented him from giving me all I could handle on that pass, and I look forward to doing it again....

Run 4... The last run for the night...

Staged, said to myself, self... get the boat off the line... so, middle amber, nailed it, and held on... Finally, whether due to finally getting it right, or too much gas, or the track going away a little bit, I don't know, but... I spun most of first, with her butt hanging out as she slipped a little bit across the lane, and I never lifted... just stayed with it, and jammed second... and third, and broke into the tens on my first night at the track in a new car with a new trans, new tires and wheels etc.... 10.92 at 129.76 with a 1.7637 60 foot.... I was tickled at getting kudos for not backing out of it as she sached her way a bit across the lane... This car is so stable heading down the track. Steering her down track is a breeze... and very enjoyable... Now If I can learn to consistently launch her and find a happy median between killing her and smoking the tires through first gear...

Overall, I'm ecstatic... This car has tons of potential, and for the time being is faster than the driver...

I couldn't be more pleased that I stayed with the manual Trans... and RSG, Rockland Standard Gear, George, You are the bomb... No miss shifts, no grinding, no hesitation going from gear to gear... Man, what a trans...

Street Slayer Triple Carbon clutches... Wow, Thomas of Hendrix Engineering, this thing is simply amazing... 4200 lbs of car, over 800 ft/lbs of torque, and I damn near killed the motor twice.... The clutch is extremely friendly on the street and a simple beast on the track...

I didn't break into any fast list, but I'm not complaining... I am tickled beyond belief... I believe in this car and the guys that built it...

Corey Henderson, Narcisso Gomez, and all the other folks at Henderson Performance Technology....

Now I will continue working on the driver mod... after I get back from four weeks in lovely Mexico on an oil rig... Then I'll see all of you that are going in Indianapolis...

I do want to hand out a heart felt Thanks for the support from so many friends that were in attendance to see Brandi run... The list is long...

Here are the time slips from tonight... I'm in the left lane, car # 32 for all four runs...

And Mike said there would be 5 paragraphs, but there are a few more... lol... They are mostly short paragraphs... so get over it...

I think I enjoyed your write up as much as you did your first runs!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #3689
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Just thinking out loud...You would all be headed to see Corey for the installs?

I think I enjoyed your write up as much as you did your first runs!
Thanks Pete... Looking forward to working with you on getting her out of the hole faster...

Old 06-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #3690
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The video is processing, but when it's done, enjoy (Should be done in 148 minutes, according to youtube)

Edit: SSE 4 2SS ..... lol... I'll wait.. and I watched the video of your runs.... Nice...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #3691
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
The video is processing, but when it's done, enjoy

Thanks J,

Looking forward to seeing it... I'll see you tomorrow evening...First round is on me if you desire a liquid refreshment...

Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #3692
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Awesome write-up... and Congrats on 10's with more left...

...and the best part of all is the cool goodies you just added shook down nicely. Looks like you are ready for the fest now.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #3693
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Awesome write-up... and Congrats on 10's with more left...

...and the best part of all is the cool goodies you just added shook down nicely. Looks like you are ready for the fest now.
Thanks Mike,

That means a lot coming from you...

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #3694
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Trying to watch. Difficulties.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #3695
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

!!!!

That is AWESOME!

i wish I coulda been there to see it all go down. :(

Congrats, man. That is just too cool.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #3696
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home

Looks like it's shooting straight... I hear that new GT600 is pretty fast, be careful who you pick on

Tags
225.8, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, rockland standard gear, slayer billet quad carbon, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d