Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Ultimate Performance

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE* TURBO Camaro SS -- 750hp Custom Single Turbo Kit (T04Z)

Bored with the power level of your 2010 Camaro SS? How would 600hp sound? How about with the push of a button, 750hp! 750hp and 600hp? With a push of a button? You can’t change power settings that easy with a supercharger.

Ultimate Performance and Racing is announcing our 750hp Single Turbo kit for the 2010 Camaro SS. This very powerful turbo kit bolts on in hours to bump your Camaro to 600hp at a safe 8.5 psi. With proper turbo sizing and location, this turbo kit will also allow you to turn the boost up to 750hp. The power comes from a visibly appealing Garrett TO4ZR dual ball bearing, water cooled, turbo. This turbo has been proven for years to make big power. A huge front mounted intercooler, all polished piping, strategically placed Tial 44mm wastegate, Tial 50mm blow off valve, stainless steel piping, and only the finest components will get your Camaro flying down the street the way it should have come from the factory!

Here is a complete list of the Tuner kit:

-Polished Garrett T04ZR dual ball bearing, water cooled, turbo good for 750hp.
-Tial 44mm wastegate (optional open dump to atmosphere).
-Tial 50mm Blow off valve (optional bypass valve for customers who want it quiet).
-Tial products will be available in Silver, Blue, Red, Purple and Black.
-With a T4 turbo flange this kit is fully upgradeable to a much larger turbo capable of 1000hp+!!
-Front mounted polished intercooler capable of 750+.
-304 stainless steel piping.
-Fully polished aluminum charge piping.
-Black 4 ply couplings with T-bolt clamps.
-Oil feed line with all fittings plus a -10 AN steel braided return line.
-Water cooled lines plus all fittings.
-Detailed installation guide.
-Bolts up to factory or aftermarket exhaust.
-Retains factory air conditioning and power steering.
-No cutting or trimming of anything on vehicle.
-Very easy installation that can be done at your home or local garage.
-Bolts to factory exhaust manifolds.

With this simple to install, bolt on turbo kit, you can easily make your all new 2010 Camaro SS one of the fastest cars on the street and at the track. With upgrades available in the near future for 1000+hp, this should be the last turbo kit you will ever need. After countless hours spent in research and development, we have put our knowledge and commitment into bringing you the perfect turbo kit. We announce, the brand new Ultimate Performance 750hp Single Turbo kit for the all new 2010 SS Camaro!

We recently picked up our 2010 Camaro SS/L99 shop car and are wasting no time in installing our Single Turbo Kit (T04Z). We will have a baseline dyno (DJ) for some bone stock numbers and heading to the track to get some times and MPH.

We are relatively new to the Camaro5 site and are happy to be a part of this platform.Our techs have done well over a hundred Forced Induction installs, some on stock motors and some on fully built long blocks, on both Domestic and Imports. My lead tech, Jeremy has been building motors since the early 90's and will be overseeing this Single Turbo Project and posting about the progress as well. He goes by the name, JT.

Here's a couple pics :

Thanks,

Tom

UPDATE (copied from post later on in this thread)

Its alive!! After getting it all together, we have jumped on the dyno for some tuning. Since we didn't know exactly what kind of power it was going to make, we decided to start safe and work our way up. We just tuned the car today with stock exhaust and on wastegate springs. The kit makes exactly 8.5 psi and holds it all the way to redline. On only 8.5 psi the car made great power instantly. This kit has virtually no lag! We tuned it very safe with a low 11 to 1 AFR and hardly any timing. This is just the initial baseline and we still have to do a few more pulls on Monday to get the air/fuel perfect. That perfect air fuel will straighten out the graph perfect and will pick up some more horsepower.

Remember this is a L99 auto transmission and only on its baseline boost with stock exhaust!

We will be doing some more tuning on Monday and will straighten out the graph perfectly and probably unbolt the exhaust to see how much more power it will make. Please contact me with any questions. I will upload video and have tons of pictures later on tonight.

Just look at this overlay of stock vs turbo, its incredible...

Last edited by Ultimate Performance; 09-27-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Cool ... welcome and keep us posted

Crowley
Old 07-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Nice snail!! Looking forward to the results and data. Welcome to the site.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
very cool, keep us updated. also any guestimates on price?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
If anyone has any kind of questions, please ask on here or pm me. The turbo kit will include all top quality parts with all the best hardware.

-Dual ball bearing Garrett turbo good for over 750hp (T04Z or "GT37R")
-Polished turbo housing that is easily visible when you pop the hood
-T4 flanged so turbo upgrades will be simple (Up to 1200+)
-Tial 44mm wastegate with .4 bar spring (5 to 6 psi depending on exhaust)
-Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
-Stainless steel hot pipes
-High quality front mount intercooler
-Polished Aluminum Charge pipes
-Injectors
-Pre-tuned Engine Management so the end user can upload a safe baseline map to drive around on till he wants to push it more than wastegate springs
-Colder range spark plugs
-Bolts to factory or aftermarket exhaust
-Cold air intake for the turbo
-Kits for the LS3 and L99 followed by the V6 version soon
-Affordable price (Details very soon on price)
-Full easy to follow instructions and can be installed by the average person

I have turboed hundreds of cars and can't wait to finalize this one. Its going to be a blast to drive around on the street and the track!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
FINALLY A SINGLE TURBO KIT!!!!!!

Subscribed. Please update often and hopefully get a price out sometime before the convertible shows up.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #7
JTinFL

The kit will be finalized very soon and then a price will come. The best thing about that turbo is it will be at full boost just about the time your foot gets to the floor and will have next to no lag. Its also capable of really good horsepower too!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Allanski

Drives: Car
Thanks this is great info, but explain why the turbo is better than supercharger? Once I get the IOM convertible, first thing is engine performance upgrade.

thanks again
Old 07-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
ToddSS
ZZ Motorsports Sales Rep

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Subscribed.

Will you offer a kit with twin turbo's?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Cant wait to see the dyno
Old 07-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanski View Post
Thanks this is great info, but explain why the turbo is better than supercharger? Once I get the IOM convertible, first thing is engine performance upgrade.

thanks again
It's really personal preferrence.

Supercharger is run off a belt connected to your engine. It takes engine power to turn the blower to create more power. This is known as parasitic power gains.

Turbo uses the exhaust gas to spool, so every hp it makes is pure gain.

Both are built to handle a variety of power bands, but generally, a blower will give you more low end, and a turbo will give you better gains at higher rpms.

There are some super chargers that work more towards higher end gains which are used in drag racing along with turbos, but most street superchargers are for gains from just above idle.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanski View Post

thanks again
Turbo negative: Varying degrees of lag.

Turbo positive: Develops torque at lower RPM's so you get more area under the torque curve... which, obviously, results in a quicker car.

Positive far outweighs negative.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
JTinFL

I'll do a nice little write up for you on SC vs Turbo. With the proper size turbo, there will be minimal lag and will make a lot of horsepower. Thanks and more to come soon.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
faSStcars

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 M6 Convert
Send a message via AIM to faSStcars
I wouls love to see how this works out. I have always been a supercharger guy but know a lot about turbos from my t-type days. Subscribed to this thread.

Closed Thread