Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
More Chicago Autoshow Pics

I want to start off by saying the Camaro was by far the fan favorite! There was like two Corvette's and Other Cars around and The Camaro SS/RS had lines wrapped around the car waiting for a turn to sit in it.

Unfortunately, I did NOT get to sit in it, that line was unreal. Lol, I did sit in the passenger seat though!!! The car is awesome, I want to also ENFORCE the point you have to see it in person because pictures just dont show its true features.

I also came away from this Auto Show more confused than ever about color, 1SS or 2SS, Polished or Midnight Silver. The one thing I did make for certain was SUNROOF IS A MUST! You guys on this forum are wayy to harsh because the sunroof on this car does not look in anyway like an afterthought its almost a NEED. I love the reverse mohawk but the car looks like its missing something without it.

To Midnight or To Polish... I was one especially wanting polished wheels, but after seeing them both in person this is a harder choice than I thought. In some of these forum pics the midnight silver looks dull and almost dirty. NO! in person they have a sporty look and just as much gloss as the polished.

But anyway.. This thread is worthless without pics right?!?!

(UPLOADING THEM NOW)

Last edited by ChevyBoiSS; 02-15-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Testing Photobucket IMG's..
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
ChevyBoiSS

Old 02-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
phantomzer0
2016 2SS Hyper Blue

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
The lines were unreal man, like you said. All the other muscle cars, including the ZR1, had virtually no line, or crowds. The challenger had no lines, the mustang's had no lines. The Camaro was just SWAMPED. It was hard to get good pictures too, because people just were all over the cars.

I wish the car was a little less popular so I could have sat in it a bit longer and gotten some better pics :( Oh well, at least it shows GM has a sure fire hit on their hands.
phantomzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
ChevyBoiSS

Other Cars... The GT500 was very impressive! I love the kit on it and it really looks like an aggressive car! I mean, this is a camaro forum but if this thing pulled up next to me I would seriously swallow very very hard! None of the other mustangs were worth taking pictures of.. lol sorry!

Challenger SRT8... I am impressed! Very! Although i would buy an R/T because the guzzler tax on that thing and the 17 city estimates are just not going to be acceptable for me. But this car is a beauty. Dodge gets the award for most Retro/New Styling. The Challenger just looks really "MACHO" lol. All Muscle, the Camaro is more sporty.

The Lambo's also were veryy impressive they had a couple "FLAT" paint jobs that was worth something to think about.. lol they looked really good.

Stingray Concept... This thing was crazy!! lol, I dont think it was a real car though! No engine, no hood, no trunk, lol they prolly pushed this thing out of trailer just to show off its shell! Big Ass 22's on the Rear of that THING!

Camaro Black Concept.. If i had to buy a V6, I hope it would look like this! Lol, that thing was the best looking car there and it just looked sweet! Maybe I would have put some chrome wheels on with black inserts but other than that that thing was on point! Chevy really used their imagination on that one!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
ChevyBoiSS

SHELBY "I GOT MORE HORSEPOWER THAN YOU" GT500

And a Bonus Shot!!!
A car most of us will never be able to AFFORD!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
gm4life05sle

Drives: Torrent, Bonneville, Impala
Neat photos thanks for sharing.

2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE
2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan
Coming someday... A 5th Gen Camaro SS
gm4life05sle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Nice pics, thanks!

The vent on the hood of the new mustang gt500 I think looks stupid!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #8
racert33
waiting for white

Drives: vertically challenged 95 c/k
that gt500 did look nice, but camaro black blows it away
racert33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #9
r.i.p.01slpss

Drives: 01 camaro ss (R.I.P) 92 RS
all the ponycar offerings look good in their own right but the camaro outdoes the other two by far!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Cool pic's that 2SS is sick
Old 02-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
camarokev
camaro #2449

Drives: 2010 iom 2ss/rs, 03 avalanche
i was there on saturday night, it was packed in the gm area, i did wait in line to sit in the red one, it was pretty sweet! i cant wait 2 more months now!!!

i would say gm had the best area, and the most people by far.

i talked to one a guy who worked at a chicago dealer he said that they would be getting one of the first cars for sure and there was no way i would get my car before him, but he also said that they cant even order through the system yet, so pretty much he didnt know what he was talking about. And he said the iom was going to be exactly like the hugger orange of the 69 camaro. what a doof, they shouldnt have let him stand there by the carss.
camarokev is offline   Reply With Quote