Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
POLCATT

Drives: 1970 Olds 442
NOw I know why (moved)

GM is bankrupt. All these cars and none of them for sale. This isn't even counting the 35 or so camaro's in Houston and the 32 in PA

I've held my tongue long enough. They must get the cars ordered delivered and these sold. They are taking away another GM icon. First the OLDSMOBILE now the PONTIAC. Come on, there are thousands of people out here willing to spend thousands on a new Camaro and they choose to build cars for parades.

I've said my piece, I'm sure there are others who agree and others who think they (GM) are doing the right thing.

Who know why it was in the photos---I guess in my frustration I hit the wrong button
Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLCATT View Post
GM is bankrupt. All these cars and none of them for sale. This isn't even counting the 35 or so camaro's in Houston and the 32 in PA

I've held my tongue long enough. They must get the cars ordered delivered and these sold. They are taking away another GM icon. First the OLDSMOBILE now the PONTIAC. Come on, there are thousands of people out here willing to spend thousands on a new Camaro and they choose to build cars for parades.

I've said my piece, I'm sure there are others who agree and others who think they (GM) are doing the right thing.

Who know why it was in the photos---I guess in my frustration I hit the wrong button
BAWWW

We've had lots of these threads lately. Honesly, within a few weeks most everone who preordered will have their cars, and this will all be behind us. Its just the flavor of the week to complain about.

And, I bought mine on thursday, so you can't say they havn't sold any yet.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
POLCATT

Drives: 1970 Olds 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
BAWWW

We've had lots of these threads lately. Honesly, within a few weeks most everone who preordered will have their cars, and this will all be behind us. Its just the flavor of the week to complain about.

And, I bought mine on thursday, so you can't say they havn't sold any yet.

I've been hearing this for years. I will quote you in a few weeks and we will see just how many of us are still waiting and how many more parade cars are built.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:

Its called advertisement. If they build 10 cars, 9 go to customers and 1 goes to advertisement, whats wrong with that? The pre-order cars are finite and GM also needs to think about their future.
14 Silverado
Old 04-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
I've been hearing this for years. I will quote you in a few weeks and we will see just how many of us are still waiting and how many more parade cars are built.
You have been hearing about camaro delivery issues for years...... damn thats gotta suck
Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Yup, they used a few cars for a big display to get more attention for the car. Never mind that those cars will be sold soon enough and there have been more cars than that delivered to customers. While its important to get money now, if those 30 some cars generate 10 extra sales then its worth it.

Pontiac ... I hate to see it go. They've always been my favorite brand, but they only have 2 cars that deserves the name Pontiac: the G8 and Solstice. Everything else they have is so-so at best, a pointless rebadge at worst. At any rate, they were going to be shrunk to a niche brand (whatever that means) so they would have been nearly gone anyway.

And as a technical matter, GM hasn't filed for bankruptcy so they aren't actually bankrupt. But thats pretty much just semantics.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Closed Thread