Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #155
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
It's good to hear that they are working with you. Overall the car sounds good, but the I am not sure if its the videos but it is quieter than I had expected.

Can't wait to see what she will do going down the quarter mile now.

Yeah, I know, right? But as long as it sounds good, I don't need loud just for loud's sake. I just did not want an awful raspy sound and it is not so I'm okay with it. It is louder when you get on it but at cruise or idle definately not. Drone can be a bit louder but not bothersome.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #156
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Hey Nick at American Racing Headers, I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!! They sound great! NO rasp at all that I noticed. Ruby still sounds just as quiet as ever at idle, start-up seems about the same, but...............................when you hit the load pedal..............................Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Rock and roll!!!!!!
What kind of Borla muffler/system is that? It looks more like a chambered muffler than a straight through... Thinking the muffler is probably helping control the rasp, not the h-pipe... basically taking the place of the resonated x as far as tone control... most of us that had the rasp issue were running more aggressive muffler/resonators at the back.... and putting a restrictive muffler at the end kind of defeats the purpose of opening up the rest of the exhaust....perhaps why you seen such small gains...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #157
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Sounds good! I have my LTs installed, can feel the difference in power but have yet to tune or dyno it. 11hp would of made me kind of mad though lol. (after all the money is spent)

I hope once we get it to stop pulling timing the HP will come up some. But as long as it is better
__________________

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 08-05-2014 at 07:32 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #158
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
What kind of Borla muffler/system is that? It looks more like a chambered muffler than a straight through... Thinking the muffler is probably helping control the rasp, not the h-pipe... basically taking the place of the resonated x as far as tone control... most of us that had the rasp issue were running more aggressive muffler/resonators at the back.... and putting a restrictive muffler at the end kind of defeats the purpose of opening up the rest of the exhaust....perhaps why you seen such small gains...

I'm not sure but I thought there was only one Borla system for V6. I don't know about how restrictive it is.

I got this from my tuner (DBR High Performance) yesterday:

The timing was only doing that on the dyno, didnít do it on the street. We did a 0-100mph pull and everything looked perfect!! I have seen cars do some different things on the dyno that they donít do on the street, usually the torque converter, but in your case I think it was load based. Iíll get all your stuff together this week.

I'm interested to see what the data from the street pull looks like.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #159
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I'm not sure but I thought there was only one Borla system for V6. I don't know about how restrictive it is.

I got this from my tuner (DBR High Performance) yesterday:

The timing was only doing that on the dyno, didnít do it on the street. We did a 0-100mph pull and everything looked perfect!! I have seen cars do some different things on the dyno that they donít do on the street, usually the torque converter, but in your case I think it was load based. Iíll get all your stuff together this week.

I'm interested to see what the data from the street pull looks like.
Technically yes there is just one Borla v6 system but you can buy Borla mufflers and "make your own". I bought some borla pro xs mufflers and replaced the stock mufflers with that. Mine were a straight through design but I'm sure Borla makes different muffler styles
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #160
Wuiquen


 
Wuiquen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,033
That looks good Ruby. How would u describe the difference? As for the muffler, yeah. They look chambered which is why u don't have much drone or loudness.. Can u do a video from the back? With some revs included?
__________________
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #161
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,743
I'll try to work on getting more video clips when I get a chance.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #162
Wuiquen


 
Wuiquen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,033
So did you have any issues with the dyno tune?
__________________
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #163
Eddiefuzz

 
Eddiefuzz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florence New Jersey
Posts: 1,109
Congrats Ruby! What does your "Butt DYNO" tell you? Does it pull harder, and do you Love it?? Remember in two months those headers will be a year old...LOL Just teasing. I have headers here, I'm waiting until they are 3, to beat your record...LOL Just Teasing again.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #164
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,743
No real issues with the dyno. The power seemed to bottom out between 90 & 100 MPH on the dyno & he was somewhat concerned about that initially but he said it was "perfect" when he did a road test with the computer. I am still awaiting getting the full data sent to me so I can post it up.

The butt dyno ROCKS!!!! I love how it sounds & Goooooooos when you really punch it. It is still quiet at cruise & idle. Tease away. I can take it. Just line up with me! Win or lose I have a blast. I will be at the LS Fest in Bowling Green the next weekend after Labor day putting her to the test!
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #165
Wuiquen


 
Wuiquen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
No real issues with the dyno. The power seemed to bottom out between 90 & 100 MPH on the dyno & he was somewhat concerned about that initially but he said it was "perfect" when he did a road test with the computer. I am still awaiting getting the full data sent to me so I can post it up.

The butt dyno ROCKS!!!! I love how it sounds & Goooooooos when you really punch it. It is still quiet at cruise & idle. Tease away. I can take it. Just line up with me! Win or lose I have a blast. I will be at the LS Fest in Bowling Green the next weekend after Labor day putting her to the test!
And you used HP? I want to do the dyno tune too so I might look into this. Can I ask who you purchased the tune from? How does it work?
__________________
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #166
Camaro68


 
Camaro68's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Prince William, VA
Posts: 2,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
More Horsepower
__________________

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #167
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
And you used HP? I want to do the dyno tune too so I might look into this. Can I ask who you purchased the tune from? How does it work?

My dyno tune was done at DBR High Performance in Spring Hill, TN, along with installation of my headers & front sways. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my pay grade to try to do something like a tune myself.

Check out the video clip DBR posted up on Facebook this evening. This Camaro was parked right beside Ruby with it's engine out & just hanging there. Now it is a beast! (I guess I can briefly jack my own thread if I want to)



__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #168
jksynergy

 
jksynergy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
No real issues with the dyno. The power seemed to bottom out between 90 & 100 MPH on the dyno & he was somewhat concerned about that initially but he said it was "perfect" when he did a road test with the computer. I am still awaiting getting the full data sent to me so I can post it up.

The butt dyno ROCKS!!!! I love how it sounds & Goooooooos when you really punch it. It is still quiet at cruise & idle. Tease away. I can take it. Just line up with me! Win or lose I have a blast. I will be at the LS Fest in Bowling Green the next weekend after Labor day putting her to the test!
Hey Ruby, question. Being that it's LS Fest, how did you sneak in to run? If you're in that's great, we'll see you there though we will be over on the autocross track and speed stop all weekend.
__________________
2011 Summit White Synergy Series Edition, the hot innocent woman named Ava that we show off around town, dressed in white complete with angel's wings. Sold, but never forgotten.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid,Spectre,K&N Xpel by ClearAutoBra.com, Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,GLoc Brakes
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.