Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #85
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I know some folks who are Very happy about the selection!
I hope you're one of them!

Only on the internet could a person be both dumb and smart at the same time.

...I should add some funny picture and turn that into a poster.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #86
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I am one of them as are the members of Music City Camaro club & Derby City Camaro Club I could go on but I'll let some of them speak for themselves I guess! Mike & I will be there with a Camarovan following!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #87
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I am one of them as are the members of Music City Camaro club & Derby City Camaro Club I could go on but I'll let some of them speak for themselves I guess! Mike & I will be there with a Camarovan following!
Sounds Awesome, can't wait to see you there!

If you liked the Autocross last year....you're going to LOVE the CamaroCross this year. I seem to remember you were a little nervous going into it last summer...
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #88
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
And HOPEFULLY we will have better luck with the weather! I was very close to heat exhaustion last year! Yeah, I am going to be doing a lot better this year..........................getting suspension mods! Look out V8's
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #89
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
If dumb is returning to a successful location in order to provide a significantly improved experience for people one more time...then, I think, perhaps, we might impress you with our level of dumbness...
I didnt go to the last one, I only got my Camaro like a month before it so no plan time, but from what I read, turnout was sub par to the one before and they had to cancel the track for a couple days...among other issues....if that all was true and not just idle complaints, I wouldnt call the site very successful.

That being said I will be working on getting there this year if work allows.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #90
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I didnt go to the last one, I only got my Camaro like a month before it so no plan time, but from what I read, turnout was sub par to the one before and they had to cancel the track for a couple days...among other issues....if that all was true and not just idle complaints, I wouldnt call the site very successful.

That being said I will be working on getting there this year if work allows.
Your information is incorrect. Attendance was double what we had before. The drag strip stopped running one afternoon a couple of times due to rain but the personnel at Indy dried it up and we went right back to racing both times. AutoX was stopped Saturday afternoon for the same rain showers.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #91
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
The amount of misinformation out there amazes me.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #92
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Your information is incorrect. Attendance was double what we had before. The drag strip stopped running one afternoon a couple of times due to rain but the personnel at Indy dried it up and we went right back to racing both times. AutoX was stopped Saturday afternoon for the same rain showers.
Yup, out of 2 days of racing scheduled I don't think we lost more than about 2 hours of drag racing because of the rain. The Auto-X lost about half a day.

As for attendance, about the only expectation that we had was that it was going to be bigger than last year -and it was. A lot of people were saying it felt low, but I think that since there was such a massive area for them to park at it felt a little empty.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #93
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
[QUOTE=Mr. Wyndham;5854391]Sounds Awesome, can't wait to see you there!

If you liked the Autocross last year....you're going to LOVE the CamaroCross this year. I seem to remember you were a little nervous going into it last summer...

Lets hope the CamaroCross isn't run at the same time as the drags. We were told we could do both events and the turned out not to be true, unless you were superman. If the event was longer you could have dedicated days set for each individual event allowing all members to fully enjoy drag racing and autocross.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #94
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
CamaroCross

The new name for a completely revamped motorsport challenge. The CamaroCross team is streamlining all aspects of the event to make this the most exciting C5 Fest ever. It's kind of like AutoCross but with a Camaro5 Fest twist!

My TEAM. You have no idea how many hours they have spent preparing the CamaroCross to make it a GREAT experience for YOU! Please be sure to track each one of them down and say THANK YOU while you are at C5FEST IV INDY.

The FEST opens Thursday August 1st and we can't wait. As always, PEDDERS is hosting the CamaroCross. We have a fabulous CamaroCross Administrative TEAM. We literally started working out the details for FEST IV Saturday late afternoon at FEST III.

You can expect more runs and more time with your fellow drivers and more fun. The classes are almost the same as last year. V6, V8 Stock, Modified and Super Modified. We decided to go with trophies this year and think you will be proud to display them. Of course we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Trophies along with Fastest Time of the Day (FTD).

The award we believe to be truly special is the CamaroCross MVP. Last year Keith Silvin won our MVP. It wasn't awarded to him based on his excellent driving skills, which by the way have improved so be ware. He EARNED the award by helping everyone and doing everything. No food service. No problem. He made a sandwich run for the staff. Fellow racer has a problem. There was Kieth helping out. Worn out from the hot sun some of our tech and starter volunteers needed a break. Take a guess... That is the real spirit of Camaro5 and the CamaroCross.

Everyone involved with the event and everyone on my staff are all volunteers. They do it because they enjoy the community that is www.Camaro5.com Most automotive events are car events with social activities on the side. Camaro5FEST is the opposite. Make no mistake about it we do love our cars and drive the wheels off or polish through the paint, but the secret to the success of C5 is it a community

I also want to thank Bruce Raymond for the support he will provide the Pedders CamaroCross before during and after the event as well as coaching drivers that request assistance. Danny Popp will be on hand for course setup Thursday late morning and also available as a driving coach.

Joe Bella has spent a fair portion of his time on our conference calls. We appreciate his help, but in the end is a Moderator so we HAVE to say that ;P

Our CamaroCross MVP and the Camaro5 member that puts up the FTD will each go home with this cup. Are the winners going to fill them with champagne, beer or Gatorade?

The 1st Place finisher in all four classes will take home one of these.

A bit smaller than 1st, but still impressive 2nd Place Trophy for each class.

Smaller than the 2nd Place trophy, but worthy of standing on the podium with you is our 3rd Place trophy.

Last updated: April 22, 2013
CamaroCross Information for Drivers and Spectators
August 1-3, 2013 ~ Lucas Oil Raceway ~ Indianapolis, IN
First, our goals are to BE SAFE and HAVE FUN. Safety is our top priority and the all-volunteer CamaroCross TEAM wants you to enjoy your time. We have a plan. Stuff happens. Please listen and cooperate with the staff when we need to adjust at the event.
Are you ready to register? Sign up here! Sign up here!Print these instructions

Leading up to the event:

Each DRIVER should register at camaro5fest.net. One car, two drivers = two registrations. You may register for different sessions or the same session as we will have three heats per session. If you have more than 3 drivers, please attempt to register in additional sessions so the car is only used three times per session.
Come ready to stay for the entire session you register for. We will run multiple heats but you must stay to be available as a corner worker.
NO drivers under 18. Drivers must have have a valid driver’s license and be a paying driver at CamaroFest.
Watch the course video and review the map. There will be no course walk at the event so watching the video and studying the map will give you an edge over the competition.
Limited spaces may be allowed for drivers who did not pre-register for a session on a first-come, first-served basis. You must run through tech and attend the drivers' meeting. After the drivers' meeting, we will determine how much room is available for unregistered participants.

Before you come to the track:

Perform a basic safety check of your car. Torque your lug nuts and check your tire pressure before you come to the track, please.
Wear sturdy shoes. No flip-flops or open toed shoes.
Watch the course video and review the map. We will have this available at the host hotel in the evenings.
All drivers must wear an approved helmet: Snell SA2005, SA2010 and M2010 rated helmets (closed and open face). Bring your own helmet or make arrangements to share. If you have spare helmets you are willing to lend, please bring them. Limited loaners will be available.
NO alcohol is allowed at CamaroCross. Pilots follow the 12-hour bottle-to-throttle rule and we recommend you do the same.
Any questionable safety issues regarding the car, the driver, feasibility of safely running due to inclement weather, etc. will be decided by the Safety Manager and his decision will be final.

Drivers

You MUST be present at the drivers' meeting to participate in the session.
Tech will begin 60 minutes before the session starts for drivers. We plan to complete the tech on all cars before the drivers' meeting starts.
As you arrive to the CamaroCross section of the CamaroFest, park in the staging area near the Tech tent. Leave plenty of room between cars here.
Check in at the Tech tent. If you did NOT pre-register, notify the Tech tent and they will provide you with your sequence in the unregistered line which will remain in the staging area. Limited non-registered drivers may be allowed on a first-come, first-served basis, up to the limit for the session.
Remove EVERYTHING from your vehicle. If it isn't bolted down, it must not be in the car. Driver's side floor mats may be placed in the trunk. NOTHING else in the trunk. Coolers, chairs, etc. may be put in the spectator tent areas. Small items may be secured in the glove box or center console.
Once you've checked in, all drivers should remain near your vehicle until tech is complete and your car is cleared to enter the starting area.
After tech is complete, pull into the starting area as directed by the tech staff.
Come to the spectator tent for the drivers' meeting. All drivers must be present at the drivers' meeting.
Each session will be split into three heats. Drive one, watch one, work one. You must be available as a corner worker for one of the heats. No cars or drivers will leave the CamaroCross area during the entire session. * Accommodations will be made for Drag competitors as much as possible. For cars with multiple drivers, notify registration and we will split the drivers between the heats.
After the drivers' meeting, the heats will be determined. IF there is space available, drivers who did not pre-register will be placed into the third heat.
While racing, be aware of corner workers, event staff, and spectators. When in doubt, STOP. Safety first.
At the starting line, do not go until direction has been given by the starter.
Follow the cones around the track. You must hit all the gates to successfully complete the course. Look for the pointer cones (on their sides). These direct you to the primary cone, on the inside of the curve, and your pivot point / apex for the turn. Hitting the primary corner cone, the one standing up, is a penalty of 2 seconds for each cone.
If you see a red flag waving on the course, this means STOP. Pull over, out of the main driving lane, in case someone coming behind you does not see it. Activate your hazard lights and wait for instructions from the nearest corner worker station before proceeding.
While you are not running, you MUST stay in the designated safe areas unless you are selected to be a corner worker. We have two spectator tents as well as areas along the infield of the track that you can watch the action from. Please keep a safe distance away from the starting area and track.
If you race but do not make yourself available to be a corner worker, you will not be eligible for finals or awards.
The fastest cars will be called back for the finals session on Saturday afternoon. Watch the leaderboard to see if you should come back.
Classes: Stock V-6, Stock V-8, Modified, Super Modified, and Shop Car
C1 -- Stock V6: Any street licensed V6 5th Gen Camaro. We want to see more V-6's this year! CAI and/or Catback only are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.
C2 -- Stock V8: Any street licensed V8 5th Gen Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.
C3 -- Modified: Any naturally aspirated street licensed 5th Gen Camaro (no nitrous).
C4 -- Super Modified: Any force inducted street licensed IRS 5th Gen Camaro. Unlimited mods. Includes 1LE, ZL1 and 2014 Z/28.
C5 -- Shop Car: Any Generation shop owned or non-street licensed car. Unlimited mods.

Spectators

Once you are in the CamaroCross area, you MUST stay in the designated safe areas and leave through designated walkways. We have two spectator tents as well as areas along the infield of the track that you can watch the action from. Please keep a safe distance away from the starting area and track.
While cars are running, be alert of your surroundings.
We will have additional "off-limits" area to ensure our equipment will work properly. Please respect these areas to make sure we can run the event smoothly.

Corner Workers

Each session will be split into three heats. You must be available as a corner worker for one of the heats. No cars or drivers will leave the CamaroCross area during the entire session. * Accommodations will be made for Drag competitors as much as possible. For cars with multiple drivers, notify registration and we will split the drivers between the heats. Awards will be withheld from drivers who do not volunteer to work.
BE ALERT AT ALL TIMES when on duty as a corner worker. Water is permitted so you can stay hydrated, but do not eat, take pictures, draw in the dirt, or cloud-watch. Your #1 job is YOUR SAFETY. Stay out of the way of all cars on the track. NO SITTING DOWN. You must remain standing for your own safety.
Always face the course coming towards you. Know when and were the cars are coming from. Once a car is past you, stop watching it.
Each corner station will have 2 workers. Decide before cars start running who has which role. One person has the radio and the flag and will be responsible for reporting cones out and if a stoppage is needed. The other person will be responsible for replacing cones to their original positions.
If you have the flag
Keep the flag in your hand at all times ready to raise it.
If you are told to raise the flag over the radio, raise it and wave it to make sure any driver coming toward you will notice it.
If you see any other flags raised around the track, raise yours as well.
If you see a safety issue that requires all cars on the track to stop, raise and wave the flag and call on the radio with your corner number.
If you see a car that is stopped on the course, raise your flag and call over the radio if it has not already been done.
When in doubt, raise the flag. SAFETY FIRST.
While cones are being reset at your corner, you need to watch the person replacing the cones. Help them be aware of the course and make sure they get out of the way if any cars are coming.
If the primary cone was knocked over or moved outside the box, call to the timing area with the car # and your corner #. You should not raise the flag to indicate a cone was hit. Flags are raised for safety issues / stopping of the course only.
If you do not have the flag
Your responsibility is to SAFELY reset any cones that are moved. SAFETY FIRST. If you cannot SAFELY reset the cones, tell your flag worker to contact the starting area to hold the next car.
The primary cone should be upright in the box. This is the pivot point for the turn.
The pointer cones should be pointing toward the primary cone and on their sides on top of the X's.
When you need to reset cones, first WATCH the course, RUN to reset them, and WATCH the course as you RUN back to your corner station. You do not have a lot of time so you need to be quick.
Be aware AT ALL TIMES and assume a car is coming right away.

Session Schedule
You MUST be present at the Drivers’ Meeting and pass tech inspection in order to race in the session. Make sure you read the full rules at http://www.camaro5fest.net/camarocross/
CamaroCross will have 3 general sessions: Friday AM, Friday PM, and Saturday AM.
In each session, the top 3 times from each class will automatically qualify for the finals on Saturday afternoon. Additional fast cars will be added at the discretion of the CamaroCross team.
Classes:

C1 -- Stock V6: Any street licensed V6 5th Gen Camaro. We want to see more V-6's this year! CAI and/or Catback only are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.
C2 -- Stock V8: Any street licensed V8 5th Gen Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.
C3 -- Modified: Any naturally aspirated street licensed 5th Gen Camaro (no nitrous).
C4 -- Super Modified: Any force inducted street licensed IRS 5th Gen Camaro. Unlimited mods. Includes 1LE, ZL1 and 2014 Z/28.
C5 -- Shop Car: Any Generation shop owned or non-street licensed car. Unlimited mods.

Friday AM Schedule
7:30 am Tech inspection starts for session
8:30 am MANDATORY Drivers' Meeting
9:00 am Approximate time we will start racing
12:00 noon Racing stops

Friday PM Schedule
1:00 pm Tech inspection starts for session
2:00 pm MANDATORY Drivers' Meeting
2:30 pm Approximate time we will start racing
5:30 pm Racing stops

Saturday AM Schedule
7:30 am Tech inspection starts for session
8:30 am MANDATORY Drivers' Meeting
9:00 am Approximate time we will start racing
12:00 noon Racing stops

FINALS - Saturday PM Schedule
1:30 pm Tech inspection starts for finals
2:00 pm MANDATORY Drivers' Meeting
2:30 pm Begin final racing

Have you registered for the CamaroCross at: http://www.camaro5fest.net/camarocross/
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gateway, hint