Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
Angry Partial CGM constraint ?

So we finally got the call from our dealer this morning !!!!!!

We were the first people in the door to order a Camaro, waiting at the door on Oct. 13th and had to inform him that it was possible to order it .....

So, he calls this morning and tells me that our order is being pulled this morning but if we want our order to go through we have to change our color to anything but Cyber grey as it is still on constraint ..... I informed him that it went off constraint last week and that he needs to check his facts again and he told me that the people on the forums don't know what they are talking about !!! According to him only 251 cyber grey orders can be pulled per week ( per the constraint ) and we didn't make this weeks lottery so we either change colors or get passed by.

We chose to wait, we haven't waited this long to change colors now, but this sounds like b.s. to me. It turns out the second car in his list is going to a wealthy collector who is buying two from him. So, after waiting all this time we are getting passed by, per this supposed constraint, and told that we might get our order pulled next week...

Has anybody else heard of this or is my dealer feeding me a line ?

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Your dealer is correct. It was 190 cars last week and 251 this week. It seems random.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Your dealer is correct. It was 190 cars last week and 251 this week. It seems random.
and to compound things, I got to look at the dealer connect screen, saw the 251 allocation for the week and all "-0-" on the rest of the availability columns for this color...
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Wonderful .....

He seems to think he is going to get all four cars that he is allocated orderded by the end of the month. We shall see .....

Old 04-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Yep, reported every Thursday morning, right here on this forum - before your salesman's even out of bed
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Just wait till next week. If your order is pulled then it will still be built this month. What is another week after a 3 year wait?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant chicken View Post
So we finally got the call from our dealer this morning !!!!!!

We were the first people in the door to order a Camaro, waiting at the door on Oct. 13th and had to inform him that it was possible to order it .....

So, he calls this morning and tells me that our order is being pulled this morning but if we want our order to go through we have to change our color to anything but Cyber grey as it is still on constraint ..... I informed him that it went off constraint last week and that he needs to check his facts again and he told me that the people on the forums don't know what they are talking about !!! According to him only 251 cyber grey orders can be pulled per week ( per the constraint ) and we didn't make this weeks lottery so we either change colors or get passed by.

We chose to wait, we haven't waited this long to change colors now, but this sounds like b.s. to me. It turns out the second car in his list is going to a wealthy collector who is buying two from him. So, after waiting all this time we are getting passed by, per this supposed constraint, and told that we might get our order pulled next week...

Has anybody else heard of this or is my dealer feeding me a line ?

Thats interesting, I got a phone call from my dealer this morning with the same information.

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Ok i really havent understood the constraint thing with colors, I ordered my 2SS CGM this week and i am 7th in line at my dealership, does this mean i wont be getting my car till this Fall??? Or even this year???
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
I'm waiting for the same reason - This whole process is like a weekly game show; "Stay tuned next week to see if your order is pulled, and if you ordered Cyber Gray, you might get lucky and you might not!"
Old 04-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Ok i really havent understood the constraint thing with colors, I ordered my 2SS CGM this week and i am 7th in line at my dealership, does this mean i wont be getting my car till this Fall??? Or even this year???
Depends on your dealers allocation. If your dealer has the allocation, then you'll get it before Oct and most likely before the end of the summer.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Your dealer is correct... The good thing is they are picking up CGM orders now so you shouldn't have to wait much longer. Take a look at Scotty's post next Thurs and give them a call again.. Chances are you will be next. Also, the constraint is supposed to be completely removed very soon.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Depends on your dealers allocation. If your dealer has the allocation, then you'll get it before Oct and most likely before the end of the summer.
My dealer said they get allocated 3 a month. So that means i get one in June?!
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #13
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Thanks Scotty !

I've been getting the " I expect your order to get pulled this week or next" line from my dealer for months now, only to have this happen today, and I thought ( mistakenly it turns out ) that the constraints were off on cgm .... : ( . I thought that once the constraints came off that was it, if our order came up we were good to go, not oops, sorry, you have to change your color if you want your car .... but, we have waited this long, what's another few weeks ?

Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #14
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
The vette plant is closed. They can't get some of the paint from there?
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cgm, constraints, dealers, orders