Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Sold the GTR and bought a 2013 SS/RS...

(Posting here due to the bolt ons installed but Ill get to that!)

So Ive been posting on here a little and thought maybe Id make a "Hello, and this is what Ive been up to" thread!

Yes, as the title states I just sold my 2010 Nissan GTR and bought a new 2013 Camaro SS! It was a long round about getting here so I thought it would be fun to explain. Im bored but there will be plenty of pics so bare with me! lol.

I grew up working on my dads cars but mine were always beaters and all I ever did was FIX them! I joined the military as a aircraft mechanic back in 1999 and in 2003 I bought my first car worth modding...

2003 Nissan 350Z

The Z was a great car! I got big into the local drift scene and even picked up a sponsorship with Recaro North America! Nothing big, just local shows and drift events. The Z was full blot ons and made about 300whp. When I started looking into boost I found out that the VQ35 motor and its 13:1 compression pistons along with weak rods were not going to cut it! I was over the "drift scene" and now just wanted to go fast! So I sold the Z and moved onto my next project...

2006 EVO IX SE (sorry for the crappy pics)

So doing my homework before I bought I knew that the 4G63 internals were good up to about 500whp and I had every intention of finding out! It was then the I met chad block from CBRD speed factory. We did a bigger turbo, intercooler, injectors, you guys know the drill. When it was done I was at 27psi on 93oct and making 450whp! Not to mention FULL boost at 3200rpms! The EVO was a blast to drive, but had "go kart" suspension and NO CRUISE! Living in VA and driving to Detroit were I'm from was NO FUN!! Lol So I sold it and decided to buy some MUSCLE...

2010 Corvette C6

The same week I bought my Vette new at the dealer my now ex wife bought a 2010 Camaro 2LT. synergy green/ss stripes. Loved the car but it was an AUTO and a V6 Lol. Still a great car though. So now with my new stock C6 and living in FL I was lucky enough to find the guys out at Lethal Racing! As always I did/installed as much as I could, but lethal did my blower/and cam and that car ROCKED!! Over time I added ECS SC, headers, meth, exhaust, and TONS of other stuff as you can see by the pics! I was just over 700whp and a TON of $$$ invested. I realized that I had spent just about as much as my "dream car" would've cost me used!! I knew I needed to either build the vette motor OR...sell it and buy my dream car...

Enter GODSILA 2010 Nissan GTR

It was a dream come true! kid from Detroit all grown up! The same week I bought it I was on the phone with Chris at speed by design! That call I ordered down pipes, mid pipe, exhaust, intakes, 1150cc inj, twin pumps, and what not. Took me two days too install everything, and another two to remote tune it with ben liney from the uk. End result was a 23psi, E85 fed, 10.1-10.2, 600whp MONSTER!!!

That car DOMINATED the streets! Not even 1000cc bikes could touch it! But the paddle shifting was KILLING me! My vette was probably half sec slower, but WAY more fun to drive! I felt so disconnected! If I could've gotten a manual I would've! I "talked myself" into the shifters would grow on me. They never did. That and Im not a tall guy, 5'9", and the seat always sat WAY to high. NO WAY to get lower brackets either. The GTR was more fun to SAY you owned than it was to drive. Stupid fast, and gave every 18yo kid that saw it a boner (I used to be that kid with the R32-34) But the glorified auto had to go! So 6months after I bought it, I sold it! But what next? Where do you go after a GTR...

2013 Camaro SS (Back to my Detroit muscle roots! No pics yet but soon to come.

I missed the big boom of the V8's. I couldn't bring myself to build ANOTHER vette! I wanted a CLASSIC! Maybe a 70 Chevelle SS? But I like modern tech, and comfort. not to mention ALL of my cars have been DDs so I needed to trust it to start every day! I drove EVERYTHING!! GT500, ZL1, Challenger, I even thought about buying my vette back! Searching for my next car I learned a few things! 1.) I HATE roots blowers! 2.) I have an addiction to BUILDING cars! 3.) BLACK is the ONLY muscle car color! And 4.) I know the LS3 better than any other motor now! I love it, and I missed it. I always LOVED the styling of my EXs 2LT, very old school look! So I said F IT! Bought a 2SS loaded and haven't looked back!

I had parts on order even before my car got here (dealer had to bring it in) I looked into the 2014s, and while I LOVE the new front bumper, I hated the tail lights when they had them on Integra's! Why would I want them on my SS?!?

So far ive tinted it 15%, blacked out all the lights, painted bezels, plasi dipped all the badging, installed a black CAI cold air, apex scoop, washer relocate, vmax tbody and im dipping the wheels this weekend. Ive got a set of pfadt tri ys coming in next week, along with a barton flat stick shifter. Once all the parts are install Im off to lethal for a tune and maybe a Night fury cam! GodI miss that cam!!

Im 100% sure ill be going FI on it in the future, just not sure if its getting another ECS kit, or maybe a TT this time? I know the sound/feel I want now and that's all that matters!

Anyways guys sorry for the long post! just wanted to say HI and Ill be chatting more on here now! Shawn, Nick, Mike.... (Lethal Racing) Ill be calling soon!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
I read every word, thanks for sharing. You are quite a lucky dude to have owned some of those cars. Awesome rides! Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

And Welcome!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Welcome to the forum. Very respectable builds you had there, nice cars.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Your taste in cars is top notch!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Deezee

Thanks for the kind words guy! My gf (the one on the hood ) jokes that I love cars more than food! Turning wrenches is a LONG time hobby, and now my profession in the military! All those cars and I decided the Camaro was the best! Nothing better than old school muscle!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
SCHMIZE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I'm excited to see your Camaro build.. Welcome!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
Deezee

Well the plan as of now is to get it close to 500whp with bolt ons and a nf cam then go fi again later. I'm leaning towards a TT.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Geez, and that's your girl...not fair lol.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
dcam97

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
dcam97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Deezee

Lol yea life is rough!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Right on Deezee. You've discovered one of the secrets of life that many never realize. Find your passion, dive in head first, don't over think it, and live the dream!

I just put a deposit down on some mods for my 1LE. This is a road course machine, so I've got a shop doing a custom grind cam, a full long-tube American Racing exhaust system, plus CAI and all the goodies. Looking for a reliable machine that I don't have to worry about breaking, so I can enjoy the curves.

Life's good, brother
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Can't go wrong with lethal! Come take it out on the track at Nola Motor Sports. Phenomenal road course.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #13
Tonner05

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Nice story and rides! Can't wait to see photos of the Camaro. I may have to follow your lead and black out my 2SS!
Tonner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #14
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
LOL! Great write up on your path to the SS. Been down a very similar road regarding "monster" cars before sitting in the SS. I'll say this, you may want to consider building a stroker motor for the coin you're putting into her. Bolt-ons and cams are tremendous as you well know by now, and FI is golden. However the extra grunt from added cubes, coupled with forged internals may be well worth the investment . Looking forward to seeing your build up of the new ride brother!