Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Wink dashlogic

I just wanted to follow up on a previous post involving my attempts to find a product that could display the boost gauge in the Hud. I ended up purchasing a product that does some great things, as in having the ability to display almost any piece of info you desire into either the hud, dic, or nav. But I feel it is somewhat my responsibility to also tell whoever might be considering this product the complete story. The complete story is while this is a great product, (and a product that I am not returning) it is not ready for the 2014 model. There are several bugs that they are hopefully working on, and develop a patch for. So I mentioned I would post the results, I think it is only fair I followed up with this info. I am going to wait patiently for the patch to come out, as I have email the dashlogic team the problems, and they are addressing them and I do believe that it will be worth the wait.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
good to know. I need to pick one of these up.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
mikepconline

I like it. My only complaint it's bulky. I really have to keep in mind the location of my foot when I come off the clutch.

"I have one speed, I have one gear: Go!"
mikepconline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
outlawprostreet

Drives: 2012 Turbo SS
I have one on my 12 ss. love it. they sell obd ii 90 degree plug extentions on ebay. That way you can tuck the unit under the dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepconline View Post
I like it. My only complaint it's bulky. I really have to keep in mind the location of my foot when I come off the clutch.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
I just wanted to follow up on a previous post involving my attempts to find a product that could display the boost gauge in the Hud. I ended up purchasing a product that does some great things, as in having the ability to display almost any piece of info you desire into either the hud, dic, or nav. But I feel it is somewhat my responsibility to also tell whoever might be considering this product the complete story. The complete story is while this is a great product, (and a product that I am not returning) it is not ready for the 2014 model. There are several bugs that they are hopefully working on, and develop a patch for. So I mentioned I would post the results, I think it is only fair I followed up with this info. I am going to wait patiently for the patch to come out, as I have email the dashlogic team the problems, and they are addressing them and I do believe that it will be worth the wait.

I picked up one for my 13 ZL1 and I agree that although it is a great product with amazing features, it does have some small bugs. They are so minor though that it doesn't really affect the operation. What I really do not like though is not having the ability to use MyLink Navi while plugged in. Id still buy it again! It is nice to display all that info on your displays.

My DIC says " Mustang Killer" ... haha
Old 06-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:

I bought a small extension with 90 degree plug and tucked it in under the dash.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #7
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:

Get yourself an OBD2 extender for$10 & EZPass fastner tape, stick it on the left side under the dash and forgedduaboutit. ...see my post

Installed mine today using 3m EZpPss fastener tape. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Completly out of the way & sight. NO problem at all getting in & out and I'm 6'3" with size 14s. I couldn't hit it if I tried
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:58 AM   #8
mikepconline

Thanks. Will do.

mikepconline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:25 AM   #9
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Does it actually calculate horsepower and torque as it claims? I'm skeptical to say the least
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:22 AM   #10
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Does it actually calculate horsepower and torque as it claims? I'm skeptical to say the least
Are you skeptical of the unit itself, or are you skeptical of the calculation they use to determine torque (and then HP)? It's a pretty simple calculation that gives you a rough estimate. OBDII computers have been calculating TQ and HP internally since... jeeze... '99? Maybe slightly after that? The calculation isn't horribly accurate. It's an interesting thing to look at.
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote