Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
mouserinc

Drives: 2012 1LS
scratch advice please

so went to six flags and I tried to park away from everyone else but alas it didn't work out to well, get back to the car and see this

any thoughts? was thinking of getting some touch up paint till I can get the mirror replaced. and yea it will need to be replaced, the part where it comes to a point seems to have been flattened out. also some advice on where to get a replacement mirror would be helpful. it's not heated or auto dimming if that helps any
mouserinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Check here in market place first. I would see if porta cable might bring it down smooth. That bites big time. I have paid for two spots before at Busch Gardens. Lady thought I was nuts (season pass discount). Could use black marker to cover until you can find another mirror.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Damn... that looks deep. Sorry that happened to you. From the pic it appears that there is a lot of paint from another vehicle that will come off... hit it with a clay bar and it'll probably get you by until you find a replacement mirror housing.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Envious
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Twin Turbo Synergy RS Coupe
Looking for a used mirror? Try car-parts.com. Sorry that happened. Good luck
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
onechuck
Onechuck

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS\RS SC & Cammed
That paint looks green. Should come off easy with some cleaner
onechuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by onechuck View Post
That paint looks green. Should come off easy with some cleaner
That's what I'm sayin. Brake fluid will wipe it right off. Just don't go crazy and wipe off your black paint.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
fiiggy

Drives: 2014 SIM RS
Time for oracle concept side mirrors.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Touch up paint will def work in the mean time, and will be invisible from 10 feet away, especially being on a corner like that.

You can take the mirror off, sand it your self and bring it to a shop and have them spray it real quick for less than 100$ probably
Old 05-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Sorry to see that one. Hard to tell for me if you have extra paint or if they took your paint off. Since you said it's flattened out at the point them I'm guessing they scrapped it down to the bone??

If you're going to replace then IMO I'd touch up & wait until I found a new or used mirror. For paint I agree w/ above that you're looking at around $100.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
mouserinc

Thanks for the advice all, I think I will be looking into some touch up paint as soon as I can get off from work this week.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserinc View Post
so went to six flags and I tried to park away from everyone else but alas it didn't work out to well, get back to the car and see this

any thoughts? was thinking of getting some touch up paint till I can get the mirror replaced. and yea it will need to be replaced, the part where it comes to a point seems to have been flattened out. also some advice on where to get a replacement mirror would be helpful. it's not heated or auto dimming if that helps any

I am so glad you were not in the vehicle when this occurred! This can be very frustrating as a Camaro owner. I do have a website called www.gmpartsdirect.com which has certified gm parts available. You can do a search under the catalog for your mirror. If there isn't a replacement available on this website, I suggest ordering an original from your local dealership. I hope this helped!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

***General Motors neither endorses nor maintains these sites and will not be responsible for any of its contents.***
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Also that does not look accidental. sorry you had to park at walmart/six flags (same exact people go to both places)
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
mouserinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Also that does not look accidental. sorry you had to park at walmart/six flags (same exact people go to both places)
I agree it doesn't look accidental. I thunk their door hit it then they forced the issue. When I parked there was no one around me at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserinc View Post

Got the exact same kind of scratch on my mirror. It rubbed against a pole in my garage.

Didn't have to replace it.

Go get a turtle wax professional severe scratch repair kit. Made mine look almost like new.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote