Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #29
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
2.5 upper is ok with no mods to the fueling system...
So what makes this an authoritative statement...Simply based on the information that I have read on this site as well as information from performance shops???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZL1 View Post
You're wrong.

It's been well documented in many cases running anything more than 10% lower, stock injectors are maxed out.
So if I'm wrong, please provide a viable source to confirm your opinion, other than people in this thread's opinions...Which are purely subjective or possibly untruthful to mask an error that they made...

Quote:
I never said that, so not sure why you're butt hurt and feel need to quote their "stage I kits".

Just to be clear, you made an authoritative statement with regard to not having to upgrade "fuel system" when using 2.5" upper. That is a generalized statement and cannot be applied to every car....no two are identical. What works for one may not work for all.

despite numerous people in this thread/w real world results stating the same thing regarding limitations of stock injectors, you are in essence saying people on this forum don't know shit.
Butt hurt???Give me a freaking break...There is absolutely nothing in this thread that would imply, that there has been anything stated that would cause me to be affected negatively...Extremely poor and biased assumption...

Every statement/opinion on this site is generalized, as they can't be applied to every car, as none or identical nor or the minds of members that post...So in essence, based own your assumption, experts in the field, members with mechanical skills, etc. give generalized advise and no one on the site truly knows shit...

So don't pat yourself on the back to long, you may injure your shoulder or arm...IJS...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:29 PM   #30
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Wow. I rarely post here because things always go sideways here anymore.
Anyhow data log it and you will get your answer.
Something is way off fo sure.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:10 AM   #31
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Hey Stu,

What is your fuel pressure, injector duty cycle, and timing, at 6500 rpm?

Also what rpm's are your dynamic airflow enable and disable set to?

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #32
gmorris

Drives: 2015 ZL1, Red Hot A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
So if I'm wrong, please provide a viable source to confirm your opinion, other than people in this thread's opinions...Which are purely subjective or possibly untruthful to mask an error that they made...
If you think I'm lying about needing injectors or BAP with a 10 % lower I can post datalogs...but based on your posts I assume you wouldn't understand them anyway. Go have fun with your stage 1 kit and let others who actually work on their cars try and help people. Datalogs aren't subjective lol.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #33
CompulsiveZL1

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Wow. I rarely post here because things always go sideways here anymore.
Anyhow data log it and you will get your answer.
Something is way off fo sure.
Exactly this! Its too bad things need to turn ugly. Good luck
CompulsiveZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #34
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompulsiveZL1 View Post
Exactly this! Its too bad things need to turn ugly. Good luck
Yep exactly why this forum has very reduced traffic. Anyway the OP has an issue, gotta data log. If its underinjected, or has another issue, I would sure hate to see him damage his engine. Underfueling these is sure destruction if the engine is pushed. Hell it could pop on the dyno.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #35
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorris View Post
If you think I'm lying about needing injectors or BAP with a 10 % lower I can post datalogs...but based on your posts I assume you wouldn't understand them anyway. Go have fun with your stage 1 kit and let others who actually work on their cars try and help people. Datalogs aren't subjective lol.
Evidently you over read my post...I never called you a liar or anything of the nature...The fact that I'm not mechanically inclined has nothing to do with my ability to comprehend and analyze a data log...Your assumption of my ability to reason is far reaching...I will continue to enjoy the hell out of my car, but I will not limit giving my opinion to others simply because I don't work on cars...Is it not apparent that even members that work on cars and shops that do the same are not always correct in the information that they provide and/or the work that they do???At any rate I have no beef with you...

Old 05-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #36
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
Hey Stu,

What is your fuel pressure, injector duty cycle, and timing, at 6500 rpm?

Also what rpm's are your dynamic airflow enable and disable set to?
You know very well that I've never tuned my car and have no experience with HP Tuner's, or any other tuning device...We only live 75 miles from one another, would you like to meet and data log my car to answer your questions???Hell, I'll pay for dinner!!!

Old 05-05-2017, 06:40 AM   #37
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
This discussion never should have made it to the point of arguing. Feel bad for the op. But you do seem bent on enforcing your view. I know you don't have your data log. But I'm sure your tuner does. If I'm out your way sometime I'd be glad to check it out.

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #38
Zl1TopLess

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 M6 Vert
I would say they never re-tuned your car. ( your running lien ) Did they give a a tuner module? The stock fuel is maxed out at about 580-625 whp. I have similar mods done to mine but i added ID850 injectors, colder plugs, plug wires, ported snout and 90mm GMPP throttle body. I am at 600 whp.

Roto Fab CAI, Kooks Long tube Headers with catless connection pipes, 90mm Ported throttle body to match ported supercharger snout. 2.55 upper pulley, Roto Fab intercooler tank, ID 850 injectors, 9.5 mm wires, Custom 93 octane tune. 600 whp. Hotchkis coils.

White Collar Grease Monkey
https://www.youtube.com/user/gjodexter
Zl1TopLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #39
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
You're wrong.
It's been well documented in many cases running anything more than 10% lower, stock injectors are maxed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
This discussion never should have made it to the point of arguing. Feel bad for the op. But you do seem bent on enforcing your view. I know you don't have your data log. But I'm sure your tuner does. If I'm out your way sometime I'd be glad to check it out.
The 1st quote is what caused the thread to go sideways, no one can be wrong if one car requires fueling and the other doesn't...
The 2nd quote claiming that I referred to him as a liar is completely incorrect...And everything after that was completely unnecessary....
I only showed the proof of my reference and nothing beyond that, I don't come to this site to argue, I come to learn...I do feel for the OP as he hasn't posted since the thread became an ambush...This is the WWW how in the world can anyone be an enforcer, other than the administration of the site...Your offer is kind, and if we meet I'll still buy lunch or dinner...

Old 05-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #40
Nor Cal ZL1

Bottom line data log. Adding mods and not logging can, and has led to so many failures, even comming out of well reced shops. It just does not make sense to not have the verification. Number 1 LSA failure is fuel, tune related. Blown cars are more risky and underfueled things go wrong quick. Personaly I would never skip data logging..Cheap insurance.