Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #1
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Carpro Ech20

Ok, so I received my order from Carpro today and bought the Ech20 and a small bottle of Hydro 2 for the wheels that I have been wanting to try. I still have my loaner Camaro since my SS is still at the dealer to repair my A8, so I figured I would use the loaner as a lab rat experiment car for some detailing products. I decided to do a rinseless wash tonight with the Ech20. Car had quite a bit of pollen on it and was kind of dirty, not filthy, but dirty. Used a gallon of water and mixed it with 3 capfuls or about 1 ounce of Ech20, bottle says about 2 or 3 ounces for 3 gallons. All I have to say is WOW, damn the car had such a high gloss to it, definitely higher than Duragloss rinseless. Was easy to use, does have a thickness to it, not too thick, but definitely thicker than Duragloss. I am definitely sold. Have to play around with some different mixing ratios and I am going to mix a quick detailer this week to see how that works and looks. Didn't use any drying agent this time, but might try some Ech20 detailer next wash on my own car.

Now just trying to figure out my plan with a sealant, not sure how BF CS will work with the Ech20, I know they are not in the same class/family , but interested to see how they work. Really don't want to go the coating route like a Cquartz or something similiar, like the sealants.

Also used the Hydro2 on the wheels, easy as pie, like how the water beads up, can't wait to try it on my own car, see how it holds up and handles brake dust cleanup.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You won't have a problem using ech20 over the Crystal seal. All our conversations this past weekend were about essence and then Crystal seal.

But the ech20 will work fine over the CS....I have it on my car right now. In fact my hood is essence, RELOAD plus echo, my sides are TPNS, crystal seal plus echo, and you can't tell any difference to any degree. There may be a difference of durability, but no appearance difference.

But I agree there's a new sheriff in town when it comes to Rinseless and detailer, expensive, but I can see the difference, so I got this today. I'm set for a year or maybe more:

Last edited by Glen e; 04-17-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:37 PM   #3
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
You won't have a problem using ech20 over the Crystal seal. All our conversations this past weekend were about essence and then Crystal seal.

But the ech20 will work fine over the CS....I have it on my car right now. In fact my hood is essence, RELOAD plus echo, my sides are TPNS, crystal seal plus echo, and you can't tell any difference to any degree. There may be a difference of durability, but no appearance difference.

But I agree there's a new sheriff in town when it comes to Rinseless and detailer, expensive, but I can see the difference, so I got this today. I'm set for a year or maybe more:
Lol, that is a big bottle! I bought the small 1/2 litter to try and I am sold. So in a couple of months I will be buying the gallon as well, not too bad $75 is worth it.

Ok good about the CS and Ech20. I think I like that combo, at least for now, until something else comes along, but Ech20 is definitely the new Sheriff in town!

Thanks again and to everyone else here for the recommendations.

BTW, I saw some of your kind words for Corey, got to speak with him this weekend about my order in e-mail, he is a great guy and really cares about his product and customers. Hard to find that these days.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
SSport16

One quick question...does Reload go on easy and wipe off easy like BF CS? Coming up on a CS recoat in the next 2 weeks or so after the pollen disappears, thinking about trying the Essence to polish with, then using Reload and try the Carpro family of products this year.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
One quick question...does Reload go on easy and wipe off easy like BF CS? Coming up on a CS recoat in the next 2 weeks or so after the pollen disappears, thinking about trying the Essence to polish with, then using Reload and try the Carpro family of products this year.
Look for one of the videos that norcal or Jim was put here, it sprays on then wipes off, like windex, no downsides, it's still meets my criteria for A no buff type product like CS

Found it:

https://youtu.be/hxARI5IaQU8

Last edited by Glen e; 04-18-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #6
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Best bet is to mix reload 50/50 with distilled water. Some have found it to streak and that lowers the chance. No big deal of it does, next wash its gone. I have found the easiest way to apply reload is as a drying aid. Something with a damp microfiber eliminates any streaking issues. Gyeon cure, which strangely resembles reload, does not have the same streaking issues. Not really a big deal though as long as you know about how to aviod it.

Glad you had a chance to try the ech2o. It really is a great product. Be sure to try the detail spray mix with reload as well. I buy it by the gallon as well.

You may just want to try the detail spray cocktail out first. That is really probably enough esp if your washing weekly. That will keep the surface always topped off, and its easy when it is also the drying aid.

These are must try to believe products.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #7
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Best bet is to mix reload 50/50 with distilled water. Some have found it to streak and that lowers the chance. No big deal of it does, next wash its gone. I have found the easiest way to apply reload is as a drying aid. Something with a damp microfiber eliminates any streaking issues. Gyeon cure, which strangely resembles reload, does not have the same streaking issues. Not really a big deal though as long as you know about how to aviod it.

Glad you had a chance to try the ech2o. It really is a great product. Be sure to try the detail spray mix with reload as well. I buy it by the gallon as well.

Is this the new reformulated reload that which you speak? The old stuff was terrible but Corey reformulated it now…I used it full strength on my dry hood over the weekend with absolutely no streaking or high spots whatsoever. the old stuff did that bad. I had to polish it off my vette.....
Old 04-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #8
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Look for one of the videos that norcal or Jim was put here, it sprays on then wipes off, like windex, no downsides, it's still meets my criteria for A no buff type product like CS

Found it:

https://youtu.be/hxARI5IaQU8
Awesome thanks.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post

You may just want to try the detail spray cocktail out first. That is really probably enough esp if your washing weekly. That will keep the surface always topped off, and its easy when it is also the drying aid.

Will do. I am going to buy some Reload soon and try the cocktail mix as a detailer & also a drying aid.

Yeah I was sold after the first panel done last night...couldn't believe the gloss and slickness that showed.

Appreciate the help and advice!

Old 04-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #10
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
I just did my camaro and my wifes black pathfinder with reload in 85 degree florida sun and reload is the easiest product I have ever used. I would not dilute either. If it does not streak 3pm afternoon at 85 on a black car probably radiating 100 degrees I am not sure how you get streaks. To me if you want to notice streaks do anything on a hot black car. I am assuming Nor CAl was talking about the old formula reload and I have not used that before.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #11
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I just did my camaro and my wifes black pathfinder with reload in 85 degree florida sun and reload is the easiest product I have ever used. I would not dilute either. If it does not streak 3pm afternoon at 85 on a black car probably radiating 100 degrees I am not sure how you get streaks. To me if you want to notice streaks do anything on a hot black car. I am assuming Nor CAl was talking about the old formula reload and I have not used that before.
Good to know!

Old 04-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #12
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Yeah I could have recieved some NOS. Either way it can still be diluted with distilled water to stretch it out. I swithced over to Gyeon Cure, but I think they are the same, if not really close product.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #13
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
The newer formula of the Reload doesn't streak like the old one did.

You can get streaks from the newer version if the area needs claying or has oils on it.

Reload is a very durable sealant, so this is what you would want for your base protection.

Before applying wash/clay if needed, then do a wipe down with Carpro Eraser or IPA. This leaves the best surface possible for your sealant to bond to.

Use 1 towel to spread Reload, 1 to lightly buff any residue.

I've used this method on dozens of cars with no streaking issues.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #14
Glen e

Reload and the other silica sprays have about 5% silica in them. A new product just released has found a way to infuse 25% silica into a spray. It's called moonlight by TAC systems, I smell an a-b split hood test coming on autopia by Troy, Ronkh or one of the pros soon.

Technology is changing every day, I love it. We've come so far from trying to buff off hardened Blue Coral I let bake on my family's Vista Cruiser wagon......or using Brillo pads on the whitewalls......LOL