Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Service near Durham/Raleigh?

Alright, after having 4 out of 4 interactions with the service department at Hendrick Performance Chevy be somewhat unpleasant, I'm looking to find a different dealer to deal with for Service related issues.

I've taken it in twice now for a problem with the power seat, where the seat gets "stuck" when fully retracted after exiting the car. I suspect it's a motor going bad, and have relayed that I think it's a mechanical issue. Twice now, they have just reset the seats programming, with no effect.

Both times I took it in for that, I explained the problem in detail, and found that the notes taken by the person taking in the car were incomplete. The second time I took it in, the service guy explained what he tested for, and that was completely different from what I had described.

I've dealt with other dealerships in Seattle before, as well as MacMulkin in New Hampsire...all very good experiences.

Add to that that the guy that took in the car the first time suggested I read the manual...this after I had worked with the guy at the Corvette museum for 1/2 hour trying to figure out why this wasn't working properly.

Other interactions included making an appointment, only to have none they day they said they were going to make it for, and some other communication issues between the various departments there.

Even worse is when my car was driven for 2-4 miles after having the seat looked at. After 10-15 minutes on the phone with the service manager where he couldn't explain it and was going to look at the videotape...he suddenly comes up with the fact that they do a 27 point inspection on every car that includes driving the car, no matter what...even if the car was brought in for something unrelated to the drivetrain. I kind of think this was BS, and have been tempted to go videotape their service department sometime to see if this is true.

The sale went fine, however I really have never had this bad of service from a dealership ever. It could be random chance that all 4 of my interactions were unpleasant, however I don't think so in this case.

So...I am willing to go to other towns nearby if someone has a service department in the area they can recommend.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
I have never had a problem with Heister Chev. in Fuquay...Give Justin a call..919-552-5777...tell him you got his name from Dave....awesome group of guys there....IMO! I'm confident they'll take good care of you...The technician Jimmy really knows his stuff and very conscientious. Been going there 5 years+
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
Thanks! I have been watching this thread hoping for a good referral.
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
OP are you referring to Hendrick Durham or Cary? I have had good experiences with Hendrick Cary and I hear Performance Chevrolet in Chapel Hill has great service too.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
Carolina SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Mike Allen at Hendrick Durham Automall is great to deal with. Highly recommend him.

2011 Camaro SS/RS L99
Carolina SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
MosesBarkley

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS/2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina SS View Post
Mike Allen at Hendrick Durham Automall is great to deal with. Highly recommend him.
Carl Roberts & Will Neal at Hendrick Durham Automall are great too.
MosesBarkley is offline   Reply With Quote